Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New poppy badge 09:54 - Aug 27 with 3827 viewsTenbySwan

A bit early but saw this today.

A new Swansea 2021 poppy badge with the new 2021 black Swansea badge/crest.

Very smart. £4.99 each , Swansea on page 6

https://www.poppyshop.org.uk/collections/football-pins?utm_source=facebook&u
New poppy badge on 10:04 - Aug 27 with 3020 viewsLohengrin

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

New poppy badge on 10:10 - Aug 27 with 3011 viewspencoedjack

Ordered 2 & my usual donation to this wonderful charity.
New poppy badge on 10:17 - Aug 27 with 2999 viewsLohengrin

New poppy badge on 10:10 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

Ordered 2 & my usual donation to this wonderful charity.

Good man!

New poppy badge on 13:28 - Aug 27 with 2910 viewsjackharris

Purchased, thanks for the info.

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

New poppy badge on 13:53 - Aug 27 with 2885 viewsLohengrin

I would encourage everybody who reads this thread to buy one of the Swans pin or one of the multitude of others on offer. The Legion do a huge amount of good but in order to do that it has to be funded.

Traditional street collections since the pandemic have been tremendously difficult. Many of the collectors being of advanced years - Hell! even the ‘kids’ like myself are in our mid-50s!

So if you’re in a position to chip in please, please do. Not a penny donated is wasted.

New poppy badge on 13:56 - Aug 27 with 2866 viewsonehunglow

It really is sickening that the wearing of a poppy is now seen as a topic to debate;worse that it is seen as a sign of oppression/racism/colonialism.

Refusal to wear one as a player on a shirt ,as McClean did,is right up there for pure filth.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

New poppy badge on 14:06 - Aug 27 with 2864 viewsWitneyjack

Bought mine two weeks ago. It's very nice.
New poppy badge on 14:45 - Aug 27 with 2852 viewsBoundy

New poppy badge on 13:53 - Aug 27 by Lohengrin

I would encourage everybody who reads this thread to buy one of the Swans pin or one of the multitude of others on offer. The Legion do a huge amount of good but in order to do that it has to be funded.

Traditional street collections since the pandemic have been tremendously difficult. Many of the collectors being of advanced years - Hell! even the ‘kids’ like myself are in our mid-50s!

So if you’re in a position to chip in please, please do. Not a penny donated is wasted.

Sprog

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Login to get fewer ads

New poppy badge on 15:04 - Aug 27 with 2839 viewsLohengrin

New poppy badge on 15:12 - Aug 27 with 2829 viewsBadlands

New poppy badge on 13:56 - Aug 27 by onehunglow

It really is sickening that the wearing of a poppy is now seen as a topic to debate;worse that it is seen as a sign of oppression/racism/colonialism.

Refusal to wear one as a player on a shirt ,as McClean did,is right up there for pure filth.

Different world view.
I've been collecting for the British Legion since my mother pushed the pram round houses selling them in the 50s.
My father, RAF 1936-45 never wore one and would heckle people marching on Remembrance Day by calling out those who had 'medals for not f*****g up'. He supported, quietly and in private, the RAF and those he served with personally.
Would you describe him as utter filth?

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

New poppy badge on 15:15 - Aug 27 with 2825 viewspencoedjack

Anyone who refuses to wear one or spouts nonsense about people wearing them being racist on social media deserves a kick in the b0llocks.

Don't get me started on the piece of scum McClean.
New poppy badge on 15:34 - Aug 27 with 2817 viewsThornburyswan

Nice one, ordered.
New poppy badge on 16:01 - Aug 27 with 2797 viewsReslovenSwan1

New poppy badge on 15:15 - Aug 27 by pencoedjack

Anyone who refuses to wear one or spouts nonsense about people wearing them being racist on social media deserves a kick in the b0llocks.

Don't get me started on the piece of scum McClean.

This sort of talk is counter productive in my opinion. Voluntary means voluntary. People who use aggressive words and notional threatening language and emotions will only create an adverse reaction and disassociation.

Do a poll on the streets you will find poppy wearing in statistically very low. Many will contribute but not wear the poppy. Quiet reflection is the order of the day.

This event is about humble respect not dogma and hatred and patriotic showboating.

Wise sage since Toshack era

New poppy badge on 16:26 - Aug 27 with 2777 viewspencoedjack

New poppy badge on 16:01 - Aug 27 by ReslovenSwan1

This sort of talk is counter productive in my opinion. Voluntary means voluntary. People who use aggressive words and notional threatening language and emotions will only create an adverse reaction and disassociation.

Do a poll on the streets you will find poppy wearing in statistically very low. Many will contribute but not wear the poppy. Quiet reflection is the order of the day.

This event is about humble respect not dogma and hatred and patriotic showboating.

That is not what I said, I have an issue with people who spout nonsense on social media about people who do wear them, those who wish not to wear one or do not contribute to the wonderful charity and say nothing its fine by me.

As far McClean who amongst other things posted a tweet of 'giving his son a school lesson' whilst in an IRA style balaclava, decent people who may have lost loved ones fighting for our country can decide what they think.
New poppy badge on 19:13 - Aug 27 with 2732 viewsdantheswansman

Thanks for the heads up, 2 ordered, one each for my dad and me, will be worn with pride regardless of any nonsense any clowns might say
New poppy badge on 19:18 - Aug 27 with 2726 viewsChief

Out of interest, how many people who support the club being associated with Poppy appeal, are against the club being associated with the BLM taking the knee gesture before games?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

New poppy badge on 19:21 - Aug 27 with 2716 viewsKeithHaynes

New poppy badge on 19:18 - Aug 27 by Chief

Out of interest, how many people who support the club being associated with Poppy appeal, are against the club being associated with the BLM taking the knee gesture before games?

They pay condolences every November.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

New poppy badge on 20:27 - Aug 27 with 2675 viewsChief

New poppy badge on 19:21 - Aug 27 by KeithHaynes

They pay condolences every November.

Yes they do.

New poppy badge on 22:18 - Aug 27 with 2609 viewsBillyChong

Have the club endorsed this or will they take legal action as they are against the retro kit bloke?
New poppy badge on 22:21 - Aug 27 with 2604 viewsTreforys_Jack

Done.
New poppy badge on 22:32 - Aug 27 with 2599 viewsAjack_Kerouac

New poppy badge on 19:18 - Aug 27 by Chief

They pay condolences once a year every November to brave people who suffered real hardship during war.

Before every single game of football my club ever plays a bunch of ignoramus, overpaid, weak tossers kneel for a violent Marxist political group who last summer looted and ransacked city centres, attacking innocents in the name of a violent criminal who refused to get in the back of a police car and died of a drug overdose whilst being subdued (for his safety, as well as others) because he had ingested nearly 4 times as much Fentanyl than he needed to ingest in order to overdose.

It is disgusting that people draw the comparison at all but I do respect the right of those who do not wish to wear a poppy or voice their disagreement.
The same courtesy is not extended back to us, the decent people.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

New poppy badge on 06:29 - Aug 28 with 2530 views1983

Done

New poppy badge on 07:28 - Aug 28 with 2514 viewstrampie

Is this the player you are talking about ?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

New poppy badge on 07:48 - Aug 28 with 2502 viewsChief

New poppy badge on 22:32 - Aug 27 by Ajack_Kerouac

They pay condolences once a year every November to brave people who suffered real hardship during war.

Before every single game of football my club ever plays a bunch of ignoramus, overpaid, weak tossers kneel for a violent Marxist political group who last summer looted and ransacked city centres, attacking innocents in the name of a violent criminal who refused to get in the back of a police car and died of a drug overdose whilst being subdued (for his safety, as well as others) because he had ingested nearly 4 times as much Fentanyl than he needed to ingest in order to overdose.

It is disgusting that people draw the comparison at all but I do respect the right of those who do not wish to wear a poppy or voice their disagreement.

So what you're saying is the club should keep non footballing related gestures that you agree with, but do away with others you personally do not agree with?

'decent people'

New poppy badge on 08:57 - Aug 28 with 2464 viewsdantheswansman

New poppy badge on 22:32 - Aug 27 by Ajack_Kerouac

Think you should stay off FaceBook and Reddit nutcase groups for a while, you’re so misinformed you should be a presenter on Fox News, maybe Tucker carlson’s gopher?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024