Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 AFTERMATH 16:10 - Sep 26 with 19798 viewsNotLoyal

The reason this is a thing
Swansea City head to south London on Wednesday undefeated in the last four games with three draws and a win. Fulham are going through a slight blip bit are favourites to take all the points in this game. Manager Marco Silva isn’t under any pressure as yet but if the swans do pull off a result as Reading did earlier in the month, then he may well start to feel some pressure.

Fulham facts and stuff
Fulham used to be in Kent before it was moved to ‘Sarf Landan’ It’s a friendly place, full of people who want to run antique shops and deli’s that open for an hour on a Sunday morning. Bananarama live inside Craven Cottage and have done so since the cruel summer of 1983. An example of how posh the area is - The Hurlingham, which famous for polo, golf and croquet with its Georgian clubhouse nestled amongst stunning 42 acre grounds is in Fulham. It has a fifteen year waiting list. This of course is a long time to wait for anything. Especially for a snobby English game called croquet, by the time you get a game bats will have changed design dramatically. And probably be made out of cheese. Fulham is an area belonging to an Anglo-Saxon area called Fulla, but rather than the usual 'ham' meaning homestead, this one was originally 'hamm', signifying a bend in the river. Nothing like a bend in your river. Clearly this is wrong as it’s now historically accepted that Fulham changed its name in 1954 after the great riots of greatness. The riots were remembered as being so great they were copied in 1982 in Brixton which at the time was in Bedford.

Pruton’s pear shaped prediction
“Fulham have just slipped a little in recent games in terms of results, and have at times looked a little less than the sum of their parts. It just proves how tough this league is, considering there was early talk of how they may well have run away with it. “Swansea got back to winning ways on Saturday with a narrow victory over Huddersfield. It will have done Russell Martin the world of good in what is surely a season of consolidation for them, but I think Fulham will have too much at Craven Cottage.”

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55887/fulham-v-swansea-c

Flynn gets down with the press

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/55903/swansea-city-fall-

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:50 - Sep 29 with 1302 viewslondonlisa2001

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:49 - Sep 29 by Luther27

Why isn’t Cabango the central of a back 3 on Mitrovich?

Why not play Cooper given the first half.

Change formation.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:52 - Sep 29 with 1265 viewsonehunglow

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:50 - Sep 29 by londonlisa2001

Change formation.

That would make sense ,that's why.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:53 - Sep 29 with 1260 viewsWalterBoyd

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:41 - Sep 29 by jackrabbit

How should we play then? Perhaps these players are not capable of playing any better?

It was early in the match when you could see the team shape was all wrong for this match.

A back 3, being exposed. Quick change to a back 4 to stop them getting out wide into space.

Our wing backs were following instructions.

Russ will hopefully learn from this for the next match. Changes to formation can be made earlier. We were like sitting ducks.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:53 - Sep 29 with 1257 viewsCatullus

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:50 - Sep 29 by londonlisa2001

Change formation.

How about getting our wing backs back to defend instead of hanging around on the halfway line? That last goal Bidwell was 20 yards short of where he needed to be.

They aren't wing backs and they aren't wingers.

PS, if we don't change something Kebano is going to keep mullering Cabango and they score more and/or Cabango gets another card.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 20:56]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:54 - Sep 29 with 1250 viewsBadlands

Back three .. a central CB playing as a right back. Getting pi$$ed past, a small right back plying as CB against a beast, the other CB is a left back.
Two wing backs are doing no defensive work.
Laird even runs aways from passes to him … did the same several times on Saturday.
I like what Martin is aiming for but his team selection makes no sense whatsoever.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:55 - Sep 29 with 1245 viewsjackrabbit

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:46 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

You asking me?

We playing manager then .

Cant do that sorry as I would have got rid of Naughton at the first opportunity.

Manning too,an utter craphouse

In their place I would have sourced two physical braver players

As for this lot, it's difficult really but first abandon the pretty footyy drivel which sees the better teams imply carve right through us ,straight down the middle. Now there's a clue. Grimes -man in the middle- a great .A captain!.

Think I 'll leave it there for you you offer platitudes and excuses for this garbage

Here’s a platitude: they’ve got Mitrovic and Kebano and we haven’t.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:55 - Sep 29 with 1242 viewsdobjack2

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:44 - Sep 29 by A_Fans_Dad

This is what happens when a Manager is totally out of his depth.
With his push for more intensity we are going to lose more players to ligament and muscle damage.
Just keep believing it must get better.

I don't think the Manager is out of his depth.

The problem with his preferred system at the back is that our central defenders don't look equipped to play it. Long term, recruitment can look to resolve that problem but short to mid term he has to come up with a solution with what he has got. Otherwise pace will expose our centre backs out wide.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:55 - Sep 29 with 1237 viewslondonlisa2001

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:53 - Sep 29 by WalterBoyd

It was early in the match when you could see the team shape was all wrong for this match.

A back 3, being exposed. Quick change to a back 4 to stop them getting out wide into space.

Our wing backs were following instructions.

Russ will hopefully learn from this for the next match. Changes to formation can be made earlier. We were like sitting ducks.

He seems somewhat stubborn…

Oh hell - what a miss by Downes,
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:56 - Sep 29 with 1219 viewsonehunglow

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:55 - Sep 29 by jackrabbit

Here’s a platitude: they’ve got Mitrovic and Kebano and we haven’t.

We 've got Grimes and Naughton,they havent

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:58 - Sep 29 with 1210 viewsBadlands

First goal … off side

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:01 - Sep 29 with 1178 viewslondonlisa2001

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:58 - Sep 29 by Badlands

First goal … off side

Yes it was.

Isn’t really changing the fact that we are being pulled all over the place at present.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:01 - Sep 29 with 1171 viewsDr_Winston

I see Perchy is far more active tonight than he was on Saturday.

Disgusting.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:01 - Sep 29 with 1165 viewsCatullus

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:58 - Sep 29 by Badlands

First goal … off side

Second goal, poor defending.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:03 - Sep 29 with 1151 viewsjackrabbit

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 20:56 - Sep 29 by onehunglow

We 've got Grimes and Naughton,they havent

Exactly my point
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:03 - Sep 29 with 1138 viewsbuilthjack

Fine lines. Downed misses a sitter, then we hit the post a few minutes later. Could so easily have been 3-3.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:04 - Sep 29 with 1121 viewsWalterBoyd

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:01 - Sep 29 by Catullus

Second goal, poor defending.

3rd goal counter attack.

We have had so.e chances 2and half.

Agent Mawson is on now and he knows his mission.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:05 - Sep 29 with 1110 viewslondonlisa2001

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:03 - Sep 29 by builthjack

Fine lines. Downed misses a sitter, then we hit the post a few minutes later. Could so easily have been 3-3.

To be fair, they missed a sitter earlier. It was pretty similar.

We’re doing better this half so far.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:06 - Sep 29 with 1093 viewsCatullus

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:04 - Sep 29 by WalterBoyd

3rd goal counter attack.

We have had so.e chances 2and half.

Agent Mawson is on now and he knows his mission.

I was thinking we have a better chance now Mawson is on!

Anyway, I'm logging off now, I'm gonna do a Luton, take the dog for a walk and hope it's 3-3 whn I get back!!!

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:12 - Sep 29 with 1038 viewsDr_Parnassus

Fulham are going to demolish a lot of teams this year, despite current form.

If it stays like this I think we just write this one off. Fulham and WBA away are the two fixtures I’m not going to look too deep into.

But of course it’s the fact these fixtures were in the horizon is why it was important to beat the likes of Hull and Millwall home and not be satisfied with 0-0 draws.

Fulham look a class above, probably several… simply because they are and were always likely to be.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:12 - Sep 29 with 1042 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

I forgot Smith was on the pitch. We have Downes, Grimes, Patterson and Smith all fighting for the same space in midfield.

This formation is baffling.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:13 - Sep 29 with 1028 viewsonehunglow

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:12 - Sep 29 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I forgot Smith was on the pitch. We have Downes, Grimes, Patterson and Smith all fighting for the same space in midfield.

This formation is baffling.

Grimes can be replaced by Downes.
Cullen about to come on then.

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:14 - Sep 29 with 1029 viewsbuilthjack

A £60 million wage bill should get you promoted.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:14 - Sep 29 with 1023 viewsonehunglow

Taking Downes off then.

You absolute xxxxx.

Disgusting

Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:15 - Sep 29 with 1015 viewsjackrabbit

Downes’ chance would have been buried by Mitrovic. That’s the difference.
Fulham v Swansea City : Matchday Thread 2021/22 TEAMS on 21:16 - Sep 29 with 1009 viewsWalterBoyd

Cullen coming on. The law of averages 1 good game every 20, this could be it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024