Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. 21:21 - Dec 11 with 887 viewsbuilthjack

Read my posts at the start of the season. I said then that I would be happy with mid table, and it would take another couple of transfer windows to get the right players in.
Anyone who knows the slightest thing about football should know that half the squad are not good enough. It's like giving a carpenter blunt tools, he ain't gonna do the job properly.
Some on here seem to think that they are good enough. Do you actually watch games or just see snippets on the telly? Look at the movement off the ball, some players can do it, some can't.
But that's the squad the manager inherited. I have banged on that it will take a few more windows.
Most of the players are free transfers, other clubs didn't fight for their signatures. That should tell you something.
Evrery player that is good, we sell on. Virtually every one. We have spent a little at the start of the season, but we still took more money in outs than ins. As we have every season since we left the Premier League.
Could any of you pick a bunch of waifs and strays off the street and turn them into winners? I doubt it.
Dead wood needs to go. New blood brought in.
Some showed promise for a while early season, but have gone back to their old ways.
Manning awful at the moment, Grimes hasn't put a penetrating pass through for months, wasted virtually every free kick that we get. Paterson done nothing to speak of since Cardiff, No 9 is supposed to be good, but came on today and did nothing again. Smith is ordinary, its why he was moved on.
They are not consistent players, not good enough. We can lay some blame on the manager. But he was brought in to play football the right way. He has quickly found out that half the players can't play football the way he wants. A problem.
Everyone complained about Cooperball. Moans all around the ground for 2 seasons ( or at the tv during Covid). Everyone was ecstatic when we had a few wins . But we were never ever going to continue like that with the squad we have.
Open your eyes people.
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 21:21]

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 21:43 - Dec 11 with 821 viewsDr_Parnassus

We have spent £5m this season, signed multiple million pound strikers. Ntcham, Pato and Downes in midfield, his own Laird and Williams from Liverpool on loan in defence.

Granted we need a keeper and a center back and a LWB, but clubs are always needing to strengthen somewhere. Last year it was up front, goalkeeper and attacking midfield, but we still made the best of what we had.

If we still don’t have a good enough squad to play decent football then what the hell was the fuss about when Cooper was here then? We barely spent a penny and people were frothing at the mouth to play a passing game.

This team is absolutely a top half team that should be knocking on the doors of the play offs as most people were saying when we were deploying decent tactics and beating the likes of WBA.

Just doesn’t add up.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:14 - Dec 11 with 799 viewsFireboy2

A very deep and thoughtful post K, from the heart mate.

You can tell that you are a proper jack 🦢

You are correct, it will take until next season before we can see flowers from the shoots.
Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:22 - Dec 11 with 784 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:14 - Dec 11 by Fireboy2

You are correct, it will take until next season before we can see flowers from the shoots.

Shouldn't be the case though. Its just a football fan cliché that has been coined this season.

Name another manager in the last 20 years we have had that has needed to write off a whole season despite spending millions.... I can't either.

People are making their own rules when it comes to Martin to justify how poor it is.

We have played some decent stuff under many managers who changed things, implemented things successful very quickly and had massive holes in the squad such as Alan Tate in defence.

Suggesting he cant get a tune out of the team unless every position is perfect and we spend millions more isn't the greatest testament to his ability.

I would much prefer to think he can adapt to the way he is asking the players to play and start winning games now, we already know he can when he does it.

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:25 - Dec 11 with 781 viewsbuilthjack

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:22 - Dec 11 by Dr_Parnassus

Shouldn't be the case though. Its just a football fan cliché that has been coined this season.

Name another manager in the last 20 years we have had that has needed to write off a whole season despite spending millions.... I can't either.

People are making their own rules when it comes to Martin to justify how poor it is.

We have played some decent stuff under many managers who changed things, implemented things successful very quickly and had massive holes in the squad such as Alan Tate in defence.

Suggesting he cant get a tune out of the team unless every position is perfect and we spend millions more isn't the greatest testament to his ability.

I would much prefer to think he can adapt to the way he is asking the players to play and start winning games now, we already know he can when he does it.

Net spend was 800k. That's chicken feed in this division.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:27 - Dec 11 with 778 viewsbuilthjack

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:14 - Dec 11 by Fireboy2

We support these players Ed. We will always support anyone in our team. But we have to be honest about them sometimes.

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:30 - Dec 11 with 775 viewsDr_Parnassus

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:25 - Dec 11 by builthjack

Net spend was 800k. That's chicken feed in this division.

Net spend means very little.

Net spend under Cooper was minus 48.2 million.

Taking the 800k net positive spend this season.... That's a 49 million difference in net spend in Martins favor.

He has more than enough to work with. Wanting everything to be perfect before expecting some decent performances just isn't realistic.

The excuses really need to stop.

He has had more spent this season than any other season in our football league history (Potters season after relegation aside, just).
[Post edited 11 Dec 2021 22:41]

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 22:57 - Dec 11 with 738 viewsjasper_T

Poor workmen blame their tools.
Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 06:51 - Dec 12 with 657 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Playing centre backs as fullbacks does not work.
Would you employ a plumber to do electrical work just because the plumber has a nicer van and overalls.
Martin seems obsessed with playing players out of position as long as they can pass sideways and backwards very slowly.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Login to get fewer ads

Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 08:15 - Dec 12 with 640 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Fulton completely frozen out is criminal too.
Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 09:06 - Dec 12 with 617 viewsKingstonJack

Team morale seemed very low. Wife & I were shocked at how they came out for the second half. First a group of about 7 running out like normal, then a heads-down group of about 4 hands on hips walking slowly like kids being forced out to play in the rain! I’m not exactly expecting a group huddle but it didn’t look good. Maybe they’re fed up of being played out of position
Mid table position. That would be good with this squad. on 09:35 - Dec 12 with 601 viewsCatullus

Well yes, you are right. At the same time though the manager is still telling them to play a certain way and it's getting us punished.

If Martin hasn't got the right tools he needs to work properly with what he's got. After all, a Carpenter wouldn't try and make a tenon joint with a chop saw but he could cut the wood to the right length.

We didn't moan about Cooper for 2 seasons either, it was pretty much from Christmas last season, we were happy enough until then. I have just posited on Dr P's thread that maybe Cooper had enough of us before we'd had enough of him, that he wanted to leave because he wasn't allowed to sign players he wanted, had players foisted on him and others sold who he wanted to keep. Did Cooper want to leave and that's why he went negative.

If Martin has anything about him he should adjust selection and tactics until he has players who can do what he wants. What you say about tools is 100% right, Martin needs to work effectively with what he's got until the point comes when we can play the way he desires.

I've said it myself despite some others getting carried away, we are not play off contenders, there's still work to be done but many more games like yesterday and Martin might find he doesn't get the chance. Season tickets are going on sale and the owners will be watching.

We should drop Grimes to start with, for a brief spell he was much better but this desire he has to retreat beyond our last defender is killing us. Paterson, I think, has gotten carried away, he seems to think he's Messi and can take on 3 players instead of passing.

I honestly think we'd be better off going to a 4-2-3-1, the wing backs under this style do not work. They're too high up the pitch to get back and defend too. We need 2 proper centre backs because right now, when we get caught in possession there is so much space in our last third you can drive a tank through it. Then there's movement, there is very little from too many of the team. Downes looked up a few times yesterday and it was like playing statues.

Yes there is a lot to be done but until it can be done Martin has to do better with what he's got.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024