Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Joe Rodon 10:17 - Jan 5 with 3404 viewsjack_lord

Spurs scalped us of our prized asset complaining about the 11 million fee. He has been there 12 months and they played him about 12 times and are willing to sell him for 20 million. They have done nothing for him and we are told that the fees have gone down because of covid. That makes me sick.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Joe Rodon on 10:31 - Jan 5 with 2894 viewsReslovenSwan1

There is a big difference between asking price and selling price. Swansea did well to get £11m for him and Spurs will not get £20m. He has not performed well enough.

Lowe was probably the worst deal. A regular goal scorer under contract but Swansea got Obafemi for a similar price. Roberts was low also and I ould take him over Rodon but he was out of contract. The market is the market.

Rudiger is worth £60m and will walk for free. No point feeling sick.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Joe Rodon on 11:24 - Jan 5 with 2772 viewsonehunglow

Yep,another example of why we sunk so fast.
It is sick

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Joe Rodon on 11:46 - Jan 5 with 2748 viewsBadlands

🤭
[Post edited 5 Jan 2022 12:29]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joe Rodon on 11:52 - Jan 5 with 2740 viewsBadlands

,£11 million was a good price for a decent but injury prone CB. While some say Spurs have not developed him it is quite possible the he has failed to develop.
£20 million asking price from a PL club suggests Spurs see him having a future in the league but not at the top and not at the standard they are looking for.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Joe Rodon on 12:01 - Jan 5 with 2724 viewsCatullus

We all know a players value rises when he goes to the EPL and if he joins a big club it rises further again. Look at Dan James, arguably a failure at Man Utd but still sold on for more than they paid us for him.

Some people have unrealistic expectations and outlooks. If an EPL club gave us 3 million for Grimes they'd be asking 5-6 million for him in a months time.

By the same token if an EPL club pays 11 million for a player and that club gets relegated that players value usually drops too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe Rodon on 12:47 - Jan 5 with 2658 viewsjack_lord

Joe Rodon on 12:01 - Jan 5 by Catullus

We all know a players value rises when he goes to the EPL and if he joins a big club it rises further again. Look at Dan James, arguably a failure at Man Utd but still sold on for more than they paid us for him.

Some people have unrealistic expectations and outlooks. If an EPL club gave us 3 million for Grimes they'd be asking 5-6 million for him in a months time.

By the same token if an EPL club pays 11 million for a player and that club gets relegated that players value usually drops too.

Yep, it makes me sick looking at where we were and what we are facing. I suppose we wouldn't have been able to sell siggurdson for what we did if we were in thee Championship and would not have got the money for Ayew and Bony if we weren't in the Premier.
Why we bought them back is another story.

Joe Rodon on 12:53 - Jan 5 with 2642 viewsChief

We sold him too low, simple as that.

Can anyone really say he's markedly improved since he left us? No because they barely play him, but are still going to make a big profit on him.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joe Rodon on 13:51 - Jan 5 with 2553 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 12:53 - Jan 5 by Chief

We sold him too low, simple as that.

Can anyone really say he's markedly improved since he left us? No because they barely play him, but are still going to make a big profit on him.

dead Right but we have been conditioned to accept we are now scraping the bottom of the barrel and be grateful for what we can get.Its criminal .
Our clown for Chairman is like a Brit on holiday in Morroco souk and being offered an item and being unable to barter .

Had I been in charge and Levy rings me,it goes like this;

Hello Dan
What's that,you want Joe Rodon
He's not for sale?
Ok then how much would you consider selling him for.
Well,he's a full international,fit ,hungry ,a leader and ambitious so for us to lose him is huge o you're talking 25/30 million.

You're nuts,I am not paying anything like that. We'll offer 5million.

I put the phone down.

Then Dan rings back a few days later and says;

Ok Jules,what is your best price for Joe

Start talking at 25m otherwise off ya go and try someone else at that age with what he has. You are owned by one of the world's richest men remember that .

Last offer is 20m ,take it or leave it.

Then ....tell Daniel you will think about it.

30 mins later,ring Levy and accept 20m plus 15% add on

Done

Login to get fewer ads

Joe Rodon on 14:46 - Jan 5 with 2515 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 13:51 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

dead Right but we have been conditioned to accept we are now scraping the bottom of the barrel and be grateful for what we can get.Its criminal .
Our clown for Chairman is like a Brit on holiday in Morroco souk and being offered an item and being unable to barter .

Hello Dan
He's not for sale?
Well,he's a full international,fit ,hungry ,a leader and ambitious so for us to lose him is huge o you're talking 25/30 million.

I put the phone down.

Start talking at 25m otherwise off ya go and try someone else at that age with what he has. You are owned by one of the world's richest men remember that .

Done

He was sold for the market rate in Covid for a Championship International player. £15m with £11m plus another £4m if he was any good. He has not proven good enough for Spurs under a number of managers. Its a tough business.

Spurs do not want to pay the extra £4m because they do not consider him worth it. So why should anyone else think he is worth it? The will get a loan with a view to buy and he will have to prove to someone he is worth 5 the £9m extra Swansea sold him for.

There is no way Swansea would buy him back for £11m.

Joe Rodon on 15:03 - Jan 5 with 2495 viewsjack_lord

Joe Rodon on 14:46 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

He was sold for the market rate in Covid for a Championship International player. £15m with £11m plus another £4m if he was any good. He has not proven good enough for Spurs under a number of managers. Its a tough business.

Spurs do not want to pay the extra £4m because they do not consider him worth it. So why should anyone else think he is worth it? The will get a loan with a view to buy and he will have to prove to someone he is worth 5 the £9m extra Swansea sold him for.

If they sell him for more than 15 million then surely those add ons should come Swansea's way as they don't think he is worth they extra 4m ?

Joe Rodon on 15:30 - Jan 5 with 2470 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 15:03 - Jan 5 by jack_lord

If they sell him for more than 15 million then surely those add ons should come Swansea's way as they don't think he is worth they extra 4m ?

Subject to terms and conditions. Swansea usually do this just in case. It could be 5% or 10% so only £400k or so at a guess.

Joe Rodon on 15:38 - Jan 5 with 2460 viewsjack_lord

Joe Rodon on 15:30 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

Subject to terms and conditions. Swansea usually do this just in case. It could be 5% or 10% so only £400k or so at a guess.

Its better than a kick in the ass but the add ons were far great and they may well profit far more without paying the add ons. Oh to be a top premier team.

Joe Rodon on 17:09 - Jan 5 with 2402 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 14:46 - Jan 5 by ReslovenSwan1

The fee was and is insultingly low

Joe Rodon on 17:15 - Jan 5 with 2407 viewsraynor94

Joe Rodon on 17:09 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

The fee was and is insultingly low

Not in my opinion at all, we did well to get £11 million up front, he hasn't impressed 2 managers, and now they are looking to offload.

He's a tidy Championship centre back but not top half Premiership

What a difference to Ben Davies

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Joe Rodon on 17:43 - Jan 5 with 2361 viewsonehunglow

Joe Rodon on 17:15 - Jan 5 by raynor94

Not in my opinion at all, we did well to get £11 million up front, he hasn't impressed 2 managers, and now they are looking to offload.

Fair comment Ray.
Well put and I’ve no problems with your view.
I think Joe is well under valued
Without him,Wales are lacking for a start.

Joe Rodon on 22:15 - Jan 5 with 2245 viewsjasper_T

How he doesn't get games over the clowns they've got there I just don't know.
Joe Rodon on 22:18 - Jan 5 with 2238 viewsChief

Joe Rodon on 17:15 - Jan 5 by raynor94

We didn't get 11mill up front, nowhere near it.

The club has recently taken out a loan with an Australian bank for an advance on future installments from spurs which means the amount of fee the club actually receives will be smaller again.

Terrible deal all round.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Joe Rodon on 22:30 - Jan 5 with 2218 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Joe Rodon on 22:15 - Jan 5 by jasper_T

How he doesn't get games over the clowns they've got there I just don't know.

It must be maddening for him. He has to be better than those idiots.
Joe Rodon on 22:42 - Jan 5 with 2204 viewsbuilthjack

Joe Rodon on 22:18 - Jan 5 by Chief

We didn't get 11mill up front, nowhere near it.

The club has recently taken out a loan with an Australian bank for an advance on future installments from spurs which means the amount of fee the club actually receives will be smaller again.

Terrible deal all round.

We have sold anyone who has brought a few bob in.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Joe Rodon on 23:15 - Jan 5 with 2178 viewsKilkennyjack

Joe will have improved training and playing with such quality every day.
Joe looks very comfortable for Wales.

Remember he has had injuries so he lacks game time for his age.
He needs to get playing and then his talent will do the rest.

Jose is not a bad judge and he had faith in Joe.
Ryan Mason was not qualified to do the Spurs job and just opicked his mates.
Nuno was under pressure from the off and had no real chance to give Joe a go.
I think Conte is a real problem for Joe though…. :-(

Joe has to play now, and looks like Newcastle are interested.

The only thing that might make £20m an issue is his long injury record.
On ability and age he is worth that £20m.
Slabhead at Man Utd cost £80m mun.

Beware of the Risen People

Joe Rodon on 00:38 - Jan 6 with 2134 viewshowenjack

Everytime I see Dier and Sanchez play I think Joes value goes up accordingly .
Joe Rodon on 14:15 - Jan 6 with 2003 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 00:38 - Jan 6 by howenjack

Everytime I see Dier and Sanchez play I think Joes value goes up accordingly .

Japhet Tanganga was the problem the other night. A sloppy short back pass 0-1 and heading the ball into his own defender across goal. 0-2.

Joe Rodon on 14:47 - Jan 6 with 1986 viewsCatullus

Joe Rodon on 13:51 - Jan 5 by onehunglow

Hello Dan
He's not for sale?

I put the phone down.

Done

Yeah if only it was that easy. Levy is far more likely to not take your calls. Deals are not done that way, you can set a price and stick to it but you cannot make other clubs pay it. Then you have to take the player into account. If he wants the move you are better off taking what is on the table or you have an unhappy player who may just see his contract out and leave for nothing.

These days even the computer games don't make transfers as easy as you make it out!

PS, he's not for sale....ok how much will you sell him for.....25/30.....can you see the problem?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Joe Rodon on 18:17 - Jan 6 with 1919 viewsNotLoyal

Joe Rodon on 14:47 - Jan 6 by Catullus

Yeah if only it was that easy. Levy is far more likely to not take your calls. Deals are not done that way, you can set a price and stick to it but you cannot make other clubs pay it. Then you have to take the player into account. If he wants the move you are better off taking what is on the table or you have an unhappy player who may just see his contract out and leave for nothing.

These days even the computer games don't make transfers as easy as you make it out!

PS, he's not for sale....ok how much will you sell him for.....25/30.....can you see the problem?

From what I’ve learned in the past few years a transfer is the hardest thing in football to do.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Joe Rodon on 18:32 - Jan 6 with 1911 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joe Rodon on 18:17 - Jan 6 by NotLoyal

From what I’ve learned in the past few years a transfer is the hardest thing in football to do.

In the premier league Swansea were good at making big sales and not so good at big purchases in excess of £10m.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024