Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mike Ashley 10:58 - Jan 8 with 763 viewsmax936

Sensing another opportunity in Football, ??

In considering offering to buy Derby for 50mill

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mike Ashley on 11:14 - Jan 8 with 732 viewsWhiterockin

How much debt do they have to add to add to the £50M
Mike Ashley on 12:01 - Jan 8 with 690 viewsmax936

Mike Ashley on 11:14 - Jan 8 by Whiterockin

How much debt do they have to add to add to the £50M

God knows.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mike Ashley on 12:23 - Jan 8 with 654 viewsReslovenSwan1

Mike Ashley on 12:01 - Jan 8 by max936

God knows.

Derby went into administration in the summer freeing them from the obligation of paying all their debts. If you remember Swansea did the same in the John Hollins era.

It is the job of the administrator recover as much of the debt back as possible. The Swansea administrator got 5p in the £ I recall.

The administrator has listened to the US guys offer and Ashley's offer and anybodies else's and make a decision. The offers will include a contribution to the creditors.

Creditors in this situation know the score and do not have high hopes. One problem for them I have read is the high hourly costs of the Administrator themselves as they feed on the remains of the clubs assets. There is a suspicion they may not work at a super past pace to maximise their fees. This is the UK.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 12:24]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Mike Ashley on 12:48 - Jan 8 with 613 viewsGruffStephens

Mike Ashley had a raw deal at Newcastle for me.
Mike Ashley on 14:51 - Jan 8 with 550 viewspencoedjack

Mike Ashley on 12:48 - Jan 8 by GruffStephens

I agree

There are far worse owners about than Ashley.
Mike Ashley on 16:21 - Jan 8 with 501 viewsFlynnidine_Zidownes

Mike Ashley on 12:48 - Jan 8 by GruffStephens

Nah he didn’t. His treatment of Keegan, Shearer and Gutierrez alone was enough to turn the fans for life. He admitted in a tribunal to deliberately misleading the fans. He gave Alan Pardew an eight year contract. The joe Kinnear debacle. He deserved nearly all of what he got.
Mike Ashley on 18:54 - Jan 8 with 448 viewsNotLoyal

Mike Ashley on 16:21 - Jan 8 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

Nah he didn’t. His treatment of Keegan, Shearer and Gutierrez alone was enough to turn the fans for life. He admitted in a tribunal to deliberately misleading the fans. He gave Alan Pardew an eight year contract. The joe Kinnear debacle. He deserved nearly all of what he got.

I think the swans would love a guy like Ashley, just like derby might do.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Mike Ashley on 19:37 - Jan 8 with 431 viewsDr_Winston

Mike Ashley on 16:21 - Jan 8 by Flynnidine_Zidownes

So basically he pissed off the locals by snubbing their sacred cows. Good. Football supporters need to be annoyed now and again.

He took over a Newcastle up to their eyeballs in debt and ran them on a sustainable basis. For some reason the entitled Geordies weren't happy with that.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024