Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for a Wine Thread 20:16 - Mar 4 with 1077 viewsmax936

Yellow Tail wines, White and Red are favourites of Wifey an me, a mate of mine got a mate who produces is own and they are very good as well. just comparing Yellow Tails Pinot Grigio and my mates at moment, both very nice in fairness.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:25 - Mar 4 with 838 viewsonehunglow

Aldi has some Chateau neuf du pape left at £15
Pouilly Fumee at £10.
Both 50% reduction.

If they have some left Ste,grab them.

Also, Aldi has a Portuguese Ribero Douro for £7.99. Insane. Portuguese wines very underated . If you have the chance to go to the Douro valley,do it.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:35 - Mar 4 with 838 viewsProfessor

Not for me Builth. The Chardonnay is Ok but the Pinot Noir is poor and the Shiraz and red blends are too sweet for me. Of the branded wines I rate the Chilean Cono Sur Bicecletta and Casilliero del Diablo as better value. I also rate Ian Bothams all rounder range (his more expensive series wines are very good indeed -but only on offer!).
My wife likes the 19 Crimes range, but again a bit unsubtle for my taste
Time for a Wine Thread on 20:41 - Mar 4 with 829 viewsmax936

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:35 - Mar 4 by Professor

Not for me Builth. The Chardonnay is Ok but the Pinot Noir is poor and the Shiraz and red blends are too sweet for me. Of the branded wines I rate the Chilean Cono Sur Bicecletta and Casilliero del Diablo as better value. I also rate Ian Bothams all rounder range (his more expensive series wines are very good indeed -but only on offer!).

19 Crimes is lovely particularly the uprising , Apothic is very nice the red and the black, Yellow Tails Jammy Roo Red is delicious though.

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:42 - Mar 4 with 828 viewsmax936

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:25 - Mar 4 by onehunglow

Aldi has some Chateau neuf du pape left at £15
Pouilly Fumee at £10.
Both 50% reduction.

If they have some left Ste,grab them.

Also, Aldi has a Portuguese Ribero Douro for £7.99. Insane. Portuguese wines very underated . If you have the chance to go to the Douro valley,do it.

I'll take a look R, Cheers.

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:46 - Mar 4 with 824 viewsmax936

Ain't seen Bothams range, didn't know he had produced any wines to be honest.

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:54 - Mar 4 with 823 viewsProfessor

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:46 - Mar 4 by max936

Ain't seen Bothams range, didn't know he had produced any wines to be honest.

A couple of supermarkets and Ocado do them and you can get them direct online. Very good whites in fairness. Not my cup of tea politically but knows his wine
Time for a Wine Thread on 20:55 - Mar 4 with 818 viewsonehunglow

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:42 - Mar 4 by max936

I'll take a look R, Cheers.

Bluddy hurry up

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Time for a Wine Thread on 21:04 - Mar 4 with 811 viewsmax936

Time for a Wine Thread on 20:55 - Mar 4 by onehunglow

Bluddy hurry up

New Aldi just opened up near gods country, I'll take a looksie in morning

Login to get fewer ads

Time for a Wine Thread on 21:44 - Mar 4 with 797 viewslifelong

Time for a Wine Thread on 21:04 - Mar 4 by max936

New Aldi just opened up near gods country, I'll take a looksie in morning

Llanelli? 😄
Time for a Wine Thread on 21:48 - Mar 4 with 795 viewsmax936

Time for a Wine Thread on 21:44 - Mar 4 by lifelong

Llanelli? 😄

Llanelli is a den of inequity, compared to here, you ought to move R

Had Sunday Lunch at The Kingsbridge last Sunday, enjoyable, but the West Cross Inn and the Eagle In Treboeth are different gravy, it has to be said.

Time for a Wine Thread on 21:56 - Mar 4 with 791 viewslifelong

Time for a Wine Thread on 21:48 - Mar 4 by max936

Llanelli is a den of inequity, compared to here, you ought to move R

Had Sunday Lunch at The Kingsbridge last Sunday, enjoyable, but the West Cross Inn and the Eagle In Treboeth are different gravy, it has to be said.

All this eating out and wine drinking, you come into some money? 😄
Time for a Wine Thread on 22:03 - Mar 4 with 786 viewsmax936

Time for a Wine Thread on 21:56 - Mar 4 by lifelong

All this eating out and wine drinking, you come into some money? 😄

Lad was in respite last weekend, so made most of it, had to pop and see a fellow Koi keeper butty near Loughor and my wine supplier and wanted to get back for Liverpool v Chelsea, so popped into The Kingsbridge on the off chance, to keep her indoors happy by not having to cook, spoilt that girl is, aye .
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 22:05]

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:14 - Mar 4 with 774 viewsDr_Winston

You can't go wrong with a Chilean Merlot. Never had a bad one.

You'd have to be a bit bonkers to part with anything more than about eight quid for a bottle of wine though (vendor dependent). Once you get past that price there's no real difference in taste.

Basically anything that costs more than a fiver in Lidl or Aldi is worth a try.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:23 - Mar 4 with 770 viewsProfessor

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:14 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

You'd have to be a bit bonkers to part with anything more than about eight quid for a bottle of wine though (vendor dependent). Once you get past that price there's no real difference in taste.

I’ll argue that’s not the case. The difference in quality in the £8-15 range over cheaper wines is immense. Beyond that less so, though the difference between a top White Burgundy like a Mersault or a Montrachet over a decent Chardonnay is startling. But should be given the differential. Chile is the place for value though-we can agree on that.
Time for a Wine Thread on 22:32 - Mar 4 with 764 viewsDr_Winston

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:23 - Mar 4 by Professor

I’ll argue that’s not the case. The difference in quality in the £8-15 range over cheaper wines is immense. Beyond that less so, though the difference between a top White Burgundy like a Mersault or a Montrachet over a decent Chardonnay is startling. But should be given the differential. Chile is the place for value though-we can agree on that.

Depends where you're buying from. I've had £6 bottles from Aldi that taste better than £12 bottles Tesco, albeit all of those being reds, so perhaps with other varieties there's a bit more variance.

Argentinian Malbecs are also worth a dabble, but perhaps not the cheaper ones.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2022 22:33]

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:48 - Mar 4 with 757 viewsProfessor

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:32 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

Depends where you're buying from. I've had £6 bottles from Aldi that taste better than £12 bottles Tesco, albeit all of those being reds, so perhaps with other varieties there's a bit more variance.

The difference is greater in whites in fairness. Plenty of decent reds around a fiver. Not a great Malbec fan. On a Chilean Pinot Noir tonight. 10.99 but punching higher.
Time for a Wine Thread on 22:49 - Mar 4 with 756 viewsProfessor

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:32 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

And agree about Aldi. Unless going to the next level there is nowhere better
Time for a Wine Thread on 22:55 - Mar 4 with 745 viewsDr_Winston

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:49 - Mar 4 by Professor

And agree about Aldi. Unless going to the next level there is nowhere better

Aldi or Lidl you can rarely go wrong with.

It's funny. For years I went nowhere near Red wine. Tended to stick to Rose or make my own fruity ones. The current Mrs Winston has brought me round to them.

Time for a Wine Thread on 23:15 - Mar 4 with 738 viewsbuilthjack

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:14 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

Had a lovely Chilean Merlot as part of a meal deal from Tesco last week.
They do a meal deal for 2 for £10.
Mains. Sides, Deserts. Plus a bottle of wine.
You would be mad not to buy.
The wine was lovely, smooth and full bodied.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Time for a Wine Thread on 23:17 - Mar 4 with 738 viewsmax936

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:48 - Mar 4 by Professor

The difference is greater in whites in fairness. Plenty of decent reds around a fiver. Not a great Malbec fan. On a Chilean Pinot Noir tonight. 10.99 but punching higher.

Whites are always a difficult choice, McGuigan's Chardonnay is lovely, but we enjoy Yellows Tails wines, think we're pretty much sorted on Reds, but willing to try others, we try to pick wines to have with fish or steak so its either a white with fish or a red with steak, but some wines like Jammy Ro Red, Apothic deserve to be drank on their own, because of their flavours, The Merlot are nice with Steak, not so much a fan of Malbec wines, so far at least.

Time for a Wine Thread on 23:18 - Mar 4 with 737 viewsProfessor

Time for a Wine Thread on 22:55 - Mar 4 by Dr_Winston

Aldi or Lidl you can rarely go wrong with.

It's funny. For years I went nowhere near Red wine. Tended to stick to Rose or make my own fruity ones. The current Mrs Winston has brought me round to them.

Lidl is more a curate’s egg. They have some great wines - had an exceptional Fleurie there last year and their Chilean Reserva Chardonnay (with a Capybara on the label) is a
£10 wine for £6. Had a couple of stinkers too. Aldi have some really good and interesting wines. Both better than the big boys for value. Good whisky/whiskey too
Time for a Wine Thread on 23:34 - Mar 4 with 728 viewsmax936

Time for a Wine Thread on 23:18 - Mar 4 by Professor

Lidl is more a curate’s egg. They have some great wines - had an exceptional Fleurie there last year and their Chilean Reserva Chardonnay (with a Capybara on the label) is a
£10 wine for £6. Had a couple of stinkers too. Aldi have some really good and interesting wines. Both better than the big boys for value. Good whisky/whiskey too

Trouble with trying to chose wines in Lidl or Aldi is being able to know what wines to chose?

Time for a Wine Thread on 07:37 - Mar 6 with 652 viewsBrynmill_Jack

NEVER drink Australian Chardonnay. The oak caskets the wine ages in give a horrible tangy taste rendering it almost unrecognizable in taste to a normal Chardonnay. The Chilean Chardonnays are lovely as obviously the French are too.

As for yellow tail - the Malbec is my favourite- superb value at 7 or 8 pounds a bottle.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Time for a Wine Thread on 08:06 - Mar 6 with 633 viewsMinesapint

Recently got sent a gift of a case of 12 mixed wines for doing a favour for someone.

It was from the Sunday Times Wine club. Being a nosey sod I went to check the cost. The case of red and white was just over a hundred quid.

Never been in to white wine. More of a full bodied red but have to say, I have been pleasantly surprised so far.
[Post edited 6 Mar 2022 8:15]
Time for a Wine Thread on 09:27 - Mar 6 with 598 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Worth considering a wine app. There's an excellent Stellenbosch in ALDI that is less than a tenner that comes from an estate that usually retails for about £30. I use Vivino.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024