Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nottingham Forest 20:36 - Mar 20 with 4008 viewsmax936

Run Liverpool very close, probably should have scored as well, they looked a quality team, Cooper's done very well there, got some talented players as well.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nottingham Forest on 20:42 - Mar 20 with 1865 viewsonehunglow

Still too ugly to be a manager Ste.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nottingham Forest on 20:46 - Mar 20 with 1863 viewsmax936

Nottingham Forest on 20:42 - Mar 20 by onehunglow

Still too ugly to be a manager Ste.

No mirrors in your house then R

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Nottingham Forest on 20:49 - Mar 20 with 1852 viewsonehunglow

Nottingham Forest on 20:46 - Mar 20 by max936

No mirrors in your house then R

Lovely stuff.
Just been in touch with Big Kev today regarding his lads' band playing in Liverpool tonight.

Brought back lorra memories.Pity he doesnt post anymore. Great fella.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Nottingham Forest on 21:56 - Mar 20 with 1811 viewsmajorraglan

Didn’t see all the game, but the bits I did catch I thought Forest gave a decent account of themselves. There were a couple of occasions when they gave the ball away passing out from the back, but they attacked with purpose and speed and should have scored a couple of goals.

The commentator made reference to Cooper’s Swansea overachieving by reaching the play off final! Make of that what you will.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:56]
Nottingham Forest on 22:17 - Mar 20 with 1765 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest on 21:56 - Mar 20 by majorraglan

Didn’t see all the game, but the bits I did catch I thought Forest gave a decent account of themselves. There were a couple of occasions when they gave the ball away passing out from the back, but they attacked with purpose and speed and should have scored a couple of goals.

The commentator made reference to Cooper’s Swansea overachieving by reaching the play off final! Make of that what you will.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2022 21:56]

The commentator would be correct.

None of us expected to get to the Play Off Final after losing Brewster and Gallagher and not having a suitable recognised striker for most of the season. We were in the bargain basement when it came to signings.

We only started to think that way when Cooper was ensuring we were performing well above our station for such a long period of time

We have spent THREE times more this season on bringing in players than both Coopers seasons COMBINED.

When it came down to it however, it was men against boys. Brentford were genuinely an excellent team where as we were an average team performing well above reasonable expectation. It showed.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Nottingham Forest on 23:28 - Mar 21 with 1625 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest on 22:17 - Mar 20 by Dr_Parnassus

The commentator would be correct.

None of us expected to get to the Play Off Final after losing Brewster and Gallagher and not having a suitable recognised striker for most of the season. We were in the bargain basement when it came to signings.

We only started to think that way when Cooper was ensuring we were performing well above our station for such a long period of time

We have spent THREE times more this season on bringing in players than both Coopers seasons COMBINED.

When it came down to it however, it was men against boys. Brentford were genuinely an excellent team where as we were an average team performing well above reasonable expectation. It showed.

It would have helped if Cooper had given two hoots in the final and motivated his team, instead of standing for 90 minutes with his hands shoved in his pocket and a couldn't care less look on his face, dreaming of his future at Crystal Palace.
Fed through to the players big time, who looked totally unmotivated.
The same team had beaten Norwich and Watford and drawn against Brentford at home.
That poor result was down to Cooper.
No one else.
Glad he went.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Nottingham Forest on 01:05 - Mar 22 with 1613 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest on 23:28 - Mar 21 by STID2017

It would have helped if Cooper had given two hoots in the final and motivated his team, instead of standing for 90 minutes with his hands shoved in his pocket and a couldn't care less look on his face, dreaming of his future at Crystal Palace.
The same team had beaten Norwich and Watford and drawn against Brentford at home.
No one else.
Glad he went.

You don’t think he cared about getting promoted to the Premier League and getting more money than he would know what to do with?

This revisionism stuff is just nonsense. The Palace job wasn’t even available then.

We got beaten by a team that finished above us with us having 10 men for a large part of it. Get over it.

Imagine if we played Brentford this season. Fisher would have backache from picking the ball out of his net.

Nottingham Forest on 07:55 - Mar 22 with 1579 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest on 01:05 - Mar 22 by Dr_Parnassus

You don’t think he cared about getting promoted to the Premier League and getting more money than he would know what to do with?

This revisionism stuff is just nonsense. The Palace job wasn’t even available then.

We got beaten by a team that finished above us with us having 10 men for a large part of it. Get over it.

Imagine if we played Brentford this season. Fisher would have backache from picking the ball out of his net.

Get real.
The same team beat Watford, Norwich and drew with Brentford only a couple of months before.
The fact that the same squad failed to perform at Wembley was down to none man - Cooper.
As for the palace job, rumours abounded before the final he was in the frame for it.
Dont be a revisionist

Login to get fewer ads

Nottingham Forest on 08:37 - Mar 22 with 1567 viewsBillyChong

Nottingham Forest on 23:28 - Mar 21 by STID2017

No one else.
Glad he went.

The lack of support in the January window didn’t help. A massive opportunity missed.
Nottingham Forest on 09:19 - Mar 22 with 1549 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest on 08:37 - Mar 22 by BillyChong

The lack of support in the January window didn’t help. A massive opportunity missed.

Agree but ultimately we performed well after that in the league matches mentioned so should have been easily able to at least compete on that day in May

Nottingham Forest on 10:35 - Mar 22 with 1533 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest on 09:19 - Mar 22 by STID2017

Agree but ultimately we performed well after that in the league matches mentioned so should have been easily able to at least compete on that day in May

We did compete, we only lost 2-0 with 10 men, one of which being a penalty.

They were just better than us, simple as that. Hence why they finished above us and are holding their own in the Premier League.

We lost by 2 goals or more in half our previous meetings with them in the two seasons prior and they went in as heavy odds on favorites.

It really was not a shock.

Nottingham Forest on 11:19 - Mar 22 with 1508 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest on 10:35 - Mar 22 by Dr_Parnassus

They were just better than us, simple as that. Hence why they finished above us and are holding their own in the Premier League.

We lost by 2 goals or more in half our previous meetings with them in the two seasons prior and they went in as heavy odds on favorites.

Those figures show that Cooper is no better Martin.
Possession - great. Pass rate - great. Pass accuracy - great. Shots on target - NIL !
Honestly that was not competing.
If Martin produced those stats in any particular game he would ( and has been ) slated.
Double standards or what ?
Why are you defending Cooper who didn't give a damn on the day ( he may have felt he had valid reasons, but still ) ?
All the fans that attended and many that didn't agree that Cooper and the team let us down.
Fulton getting sent off made no difference. We were no better with eleven and never competed.
No reason why a team in form a couple of months before should turn so inadequate except Cooper's change of attitude.

Nottingham Forest on 11:20 - Mar 22 with 1517 viewsvetchonian

Played more passes and a better pass accuracy than the "classy" Brentford so much for hoofball.

As I have said before Brentfords second goal came from a breakaway when a Swans move broke down in their box at the time there were six Swans players in the Brentford box two just outside so we weren't attacking at all were we?

Cooper has gone, he wasnt liked for many reasons, his football was not as dull as many profess if we had been attending games there would be a diferent view I am sure...Imagine having to sit and watch last Saturdays offering at home on tv with zero atmosphere and no crowd.....

At least Cooper got us to the final....I fear for where Martin will lead us

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Nottingham Forest on 11:23 - Mar 22 with 1504 viewsSTID2017

Also not exactly holding their own.
They are in a relegation battle atm

Nottingham Forest on 11:32 - Mar 22 with 1505 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest on 11:19 - Mar 22 by STID2017

Possession - great. Pass rate - great. Pass accuracy - great. Shots on target - NIL !
If Martin produced those stats in any particular game he would ( and has been ) slated.
Why are you defending Cooper who didn't give a damn on the day ( he may have felt he had valid reasons, but still ) ?
All the fans that attended and many that didn't agree that Cooper and the team let us down.
Fulton getting sent off made no difference. We were no better with eleven and never competed.
No reason why a team in form a couple of months before should turn so inadequate except Cooper's change of attitude.

What a strange take.

Coopers 80 points in a season is what shows his managerial talent, and his subsequent success. Not a 90 minute period, a third of which with 10 men against a better side.

I’m sure having none of our 9 attempts hit the target wasn’t in the game plan.

There is no double standard. I often state before games such a Fulham and Bournemouth that Martin has a free swing at it, they are better than us. The only unacceptable thing would be a hammering.

I am defending common sense, not Cooper.

The views of those in attendance makes no difference to anything. We still expectedly lost to a better side just as we did in over half our previous meetings with them in the previous 2 seasons.

They will have to get over it. I didn’t expect to beat them, it would have been a shock result. 5/1 from memory.

Nottingham Forest on 11:34 - Mar 22 with 1507 viewsvetchonian

Nottingham Forest on 11:19 - Mar 22 by STID2017

They also show Cooper didnt play hoofball and Martin is no better than Cooper either even though earlier this season despite having possession and failing to have shots or winning games many were eulogising about how much better the football was under Martin

On the day we let Brentford in early with that penalty we were chasing the game from then on in their second goal came as I said when we had 8 player committed in their final third yet you say we didnt make an effort....they failed to score again and despite Ayew coming close we then lost Fulton and the game changed ....

On the day they were the better side....it happens...we murdered Cardiff up there in the December only for them to sneak a goal at the Liberty and then park the bus and we lost....it happens....but there is so much revisionism it is crazy.

Cooper was nt liked by some due to his roots and who he was...as a result there was an agenda against him....but he has gone Martin has been defended to hell and back despite his failures and still folk believe he will come good yet many of those were critical of Cooper wheter win lose or draw whihc is why I get "defensive" I hate hypocrites

Nottingham Forest on 11:35 - Mar 22 with 1503 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest on 11:23 - Mar 22 by STID2017

Also not exactly holding their own.
They are in a relegation battle atm

They are 15th.

Got results against Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham. Of course they are holding their own.

Nottingham Forest on 11:38 - Mar 22 with 1496 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest on 11:32 - Mar 22 by Dr_Parnassus

What a strange take.

Coopers 80 points in a season is what shows his managerial talent, and his subsequent success. Not a 90 minute period, a third of which with 10 men against a better side.

I’m sure having none of our 9 attempts hit the target wasn’t in the game plan.

There is no double standard. I often state before games such a Fulham and Bournemouth that Martin has a free swing at it, they are better than us. The only unacceptable thing would be a hammering.

I am defending common sense, not Cooper.

The views of those in attendance makes no difference to anything. We still expectedly lost to a better side just as we did in over half our previous meetings with them in the previous 2 seasons.

They will have to get over it. I didn’t expect to beat them, it would have been a shock result. 5/1 from memory.

We started as underdogs but expected to compete.
Why do you hold the view we competed ?
There are probably quite a few matches that it could be argued Martin's team competed yet got nothing.
Cooper's team didn't compete on the day.
Cooper didn't give a shite.
His head was already dreaming of pastures new

Maybe he had a falling out with his bosses and already knew his future lay elsewhere ?

Nottingham Forest on 11:43 - Mar 22 with 1500 viewsvetchonian

Nottingham Forest on 11:38 - Mar 22 by STID2017

There are probably quite a few matches that it could be argued Martin's team competed yet got nothing.

Maybe he had a falling out with his bosses and already knew his future lay elsewhere ?

Surely Cooper would have wanted to win that ...adds to his CV and would have helped his claim to the Palace job...

We lost what would be saying had Cooper not left....

Martin this season for me gave up a chance of a cup run in the Carabo or whatever the league cup is called these days...

Nottingham Forest on 11:43 - Mar 22 with 1496 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest on 11:38 - Mar 22 by STID2017

We did compete, which is why we lost 2-0 with 10 men. If we didn’t compete we would have been absolutely hammered.

I’ve never accused Martin’s team of not competing, so it’s a moot point. It’s a very silly point of view that is clearly untrue, I don’t think I’ve ever witness a Swansea game where they didn’t compete, under any manager.

We may not have been very good, or a team may have been much better than us - but we have always competed.

To state Cooper didn’t care about winning a playoff final, is also a ridiculous point of view considering the obvious personal benefits he would have gained from it.

We lost 2-0 to a better team - as expected.

Nottingham Forest on 11:50 - Mar 22 with 1484 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest on 11:43 - Mar 22 by Dr_Parnassus

We did compete, which is why we lost 2-0 with 10 men. If we didn’t compete we would have been absolutely hammered.

I’ve never accused Martin’s team of not competing, so it’s a moot point. It’s a very silly point of view that is clearly untrue, I don’t think I’ve ever witness a Swansea game where they didn’t compete, under any manager.

We may not have been very good, or a team may have been much better than us - but we have always competed.

To state Cooper didn’t care about winning a playoff final, is also a ridiculous point of view considering the obvious personal benefits he would have gained from it.

We lost 2-0 to a better team - as expected.

Guess we will have to agree to disagree on that one.
You clearly think Cooper and his team gave their all.
Many feel different.
I have spoken to many supporters on the day and since who all felt cheated by the way we played that day.
As with any manager if things go wrong, the buck stops with Cooper

Nottingham Forest on 11:52 - Mar 22 with 1492 viewsvetchonian

Nottingham Forest on 11:50 - Mar 22 by STID2017

Many feel different.
I have spoken to many supporters on the day and since who all felt cheated by the way we played that day.

Unless you are Martin then it is the bus journey, the pitch,fixture list ;ack of preseason, not having the right players

Nottingham Forest on 11:56 - Mar 22 with 1479 viewsSTID2017

Nottingham Forest on 11:52 - Mar 22 by vetchonian

Unless you are Martin then it is the bus journey, the pitch,fixture list ;ack of preseason, not having the right players

I agree Martin needs to stop making excuses.
Same as Dr P needs to stop being an apologist for Cooper, who failed - twice

Nottingham Forest on 11:56 - Mar 22 with 1485 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest on 11:50 - Mar 22 by STID2017

Many feel different.

Of course they gave their all, why wouldn’t they?

It’s worth millions of pounds to them. They lost to the better side, that’s football.

Again those who attended feeling like we should have played better has no bearing on anything.

Expectedly losing isn’t something “going wrong” though is it. You don’t judge the season on one game, that would be ludicrous.

The achievement was getting there, it surpassed most realistic fans expectations prior to the season starting and that success lies at Coopers door, not an hour and a half of football against a better side.

Nottingham Forest on 12:06 - Mar 22 with 1481 viewsDr_Parnassus

Nottingham Forest on 11:56 - Mar 22 by STID2017

I agree Martin needs to stop making excuses.
Same as Dr P needs to stop being an apologist for Cooper, who failed - twice

He succeeded twice, he didn’t fail.

I’m not Martin’s biggest fan but would also be silly to put “failure to get promoted” under his name too.

Similarly I saw Wales’ Euro 2016 campaign as a resounding success, they expectedly lost to Portugal who went on to with the competition. It wasn’t a failure and anyone suggesting Coleman “failed” would be an idiot.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024