Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Three Lamps Swansea 20:16 - Mar 30 with 1873 viewsjack_lord

Anyone familiar with this venue?
They have taken a large payment for hiring the venue for our daughter's 18th birthday but we are hearing it is closing down and re-opening as Cattle&Co in May.
The website has been forwarded to that site.
We cannot get hold of them by phone or email.
Firstly we want to know if the venue is still open so our daughter can still have a party.
She has missed out on 16th and 17th birthdays due to lockdown as well as her prom.
Totally gutted for her at the moment as we don't know what the hell is happening.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Three Lamps Swansea on 20:56 - Mar 30 with 1819 viewsScotia

Funnily enough my wife is supposed to be going to a party there this weekend.

She's been told that existing bookings are being honoured and they are open on weekends.

Hope it works out for you.
Three Lamps Swansea on 21:54 - Mar 30 with 1784 viewsjack_lord

Three Lamps Swansea on 20:56 - Mar 30 by Scotia

Funnily enough my wife is supposed to be going to a party there this weekend.

She's been told that existing bookings are being honoured and they are open on weekends.

Hope it works out for you.

I think they are only open at the weekend so I can't rock on down there to get any info. Trying to reserve book a venue but that is difficult with such short notice. I can't believe they took our money knowing the change was about to happen.

Three Lamps Swansea on 22:05 - Mar 30 with 1781 viewsmajorraglan

Three Lamps Swansea on 21:54 - Mar 30 by jack_lord

I think they are only open at the weekend so I can't rock on down there to get any info. Trying to reserve book a venue but that is difficult with such short notice. I can't believe they took our money knowing the change was about to happen.

How did you pay? If you have paid on a Credit Card you’ll be able to get your money back, you may also be able to get it back via a reverse transaction/ Chargeback if you paid via Debit Card, but you’ll need to speak to your bank.

Edit - Cattle and Co have a place in the North Dock Llanelli, why not call them and see the lay of the land.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 22:08]
Three Lamps Swansea on 22:21 - Mar 30 with 1759 viewsjack_lord

Three Lamps Swansea on 22:05 - Mar 30 by majorraglan

How did you pay? If you have paid on a Credit Card you’ll be able to get your money back, you may also be able to get it back via a reverse transaction/ Chargeback if you paid via Debit Card, but you’ll need to speak to your bank.

Edit - Cattle and Co have a place in the North Dock Llanelli, why not call them and see the lay of the land.
[Post edited 30 Mar 2022 22:08]

Cheers but the wife went in to book as I was in work and ended up paying cash because "their card payment was down" ( I told her that was barking at the time )./
I tried ringing Cattle earlier but no answer

Three Lamps Swansea on 22:33 - Mar 30 with 1751 viewsDr_Winston

Three Lamps Swansea on 22:21 - Mar 30 by jack_lord

Cheers but the wife went in to book as I was in work and ended up paying cash because "their card payment was down" ( I told her that was barking at the time )./

I don't think Cattle & Co are connected to the current operators of Three Lamps. Might be wrong.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Three Lamps Swansea on 09:56 - Mar 31 with 1679 viewsLorax

Three Lamps Swansea on 21:54 - Mar 30 by jack_lord

Can you get down there at the weekend? It seems like your only choice!

Unfortunately companies do these things, they know they are closing down, know they are in trouble, but they keep taking money. However, if they knew and they were taking money deliberately, it sounds like a real rip off to me. Did the cash make it into the till, was it registered or simply pocketed?
Three Lamps Swansea on 16:18 - Mar 31 with 1604 viewsJack123

They have a post on their facebook page posted 4 hours ago saying:

Exciting things might be coming down the line, but for now we're open as usual!
Rest assured all table and party bookings are still being honoured and we remain open for drinks every Friday and Saturday!
For any enquiries regarding private hire, please email us at hello@threelampsswansea.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/threelampsswansea/

I hope your daughter gets her party..

Although, if you feel that there may be a chance it wont go ahead, get someone down there for a refund.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2022 16:24]

libera nos a malo

Three Lamps Swansea on 16:33 - Mar 31 with 1592 viewsbuilthjack

Three Lamps Swansea on 22:21 - Mar 30 by jack_lord

Take a baseball bat.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Three Lamps Swansea on 21:15 - Mar 31 with 1512 viewsjack_lord

Three Lamps Swansea on 16:18 - Mar 31 by Jack123

They have a post on their facebook page posted 4 hours ago saying:

Exciting things might be coming down the line, but for now we're open as usual!
Rest assured all table and party bookings are still being honoured and we remain open for drinks every Friday and Saturday!
For any enquiries regarding private hire, please email us at hello@threelampsswansea.co.uk

https://www.facebook.com/threelampsswansea/

I hope your daughter gets her party..

Although, if you feel that there may be a chance it wont go ahead, get someone down there for a refund.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2022 16:24]

As it has changed hands then the refund would be from the previous party.
The booking can go ahead though there are some licensing issues as a number of guests will not have had their 18th birthdays and face being excluded from 10 pm. Of course then they will not want to attend which is a dampener.
I have found out a few other things but without being 100 percent can't go saying it on here.
In this small world, what are the chances that the owner lives 30 seconds from me.

Three Lamps Swansea on 23:57 - Mar 31 with 1453 viewsLorax

Three Lamps Swansea on 21:15 - Mar 31 by jack_lord

As it has changed hands then the refund would be from the previous party.
The booking can go ahead though there are some licensing issues as a number of guests will not have had their 18th birthdays and face being excluded from 10 pm. Of course then they will not want to attend which is a dampener.
I have found out a few other things but without being 100 percent can't go saying it on here.
In this small world, what are the chances that the owner lives 30 seconds from me.

Pretty good?
Three Lamps Swansea on 21:53 - Apr 1 with 1384 viewsjack_lord

Three Lamps Swansea on 23:57 - Mar 31 by Lorax

Pretty good?

Correct

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024