Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' 17:49 - May 27 with 9338 viewsHantsR

"Game’s blind spot to talented female coaches is self-defeating" - so says Matt Dickinson, QPR ST holder and Senior Sports Writer in The Times yesterday and he suggests that Emma Hayes should be on the QPR shortlist for our new manager.

Interesting article - I'll cut and paste if anyone wants tp read further
[Post edited 28 May 2022 15:46]
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 12:26 - May 28 with 2539 viewsngbqpr

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 07:40 - May 28 by Toast_R

This is just nonsense.

Woman's football is totally different to men's physically and ability wise . Different ball park and thats before you even consider the discipline and mindset of men compared to women. It would be like appointing a coach who has won the under 13s league because their team have most of the best kids. And when it inevitably all went wrong, we'd be an absolute laughing stock.

I'm all for women's football but let's not pretend it's the same as men's because it isn't.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 7:41]

"Woman's football is totally different to men's physically and ability wise ."
- we're talking about the coach not the players.

"thats before you even consider the discipline and mindset of men compared to women"
- please enlighten me on the differences

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 12:44 - May 28 with 2505 viewsSydneyRs

Don't Chelsea have the strongest squad in the UK women's game with only a couple of other clubs able to compete with them?

Slightly different scenario to what's required at QPR.
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 13:31 - May 28 with 2422 viewsgobbles

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 19:17 - May 27 by bosh67

I was going to bring her up on the managerial thread. Yes, I know... Chelsea...

Games managed 242 games won 164 games drawn 32 games lost 46 % wins 67.77

Chelsea so no... Anyone remember Dave Sexton or Ray Wilkins?

Is she a better coach than any of the current male coaches in this league? Tactically, playing style wise and game management? Probably better than more than half.

I'm going to stick my neck out here. I've watched quite a bit of women's football and she's lightyears ahead of most of her male counterparts. I think she's good enough to give any side in the lower half of this division a top half end of season result.

Whether male players at this level would really take her seriously I don't know. It doesn't matter that she's a woman, she's just a bloody good football coach.
[Post edited 27 May 2022 19:19]

The problem is that it is very difficult judge because women's football in England is so uncompetitive. Essentially there are three clubs that win everything and have all the resources, one clinging on just behind, and the rest nowhere. West Ham finished sixth in the WSL with fewer than half the points of Chelsea and a minus 10 goal difference.
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 13:49 - May 28 with 2401 viewsQPR_John

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:28 - May 28 by PlanetHonneywood

What do you think they do with men running womens’ teams?

I hasten to add, not for me at this time.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 10:30]

I imagine the manager waits outside the dressing room as necessary before giving a post match talk. I don’t think that would work in male football but as I said just a thought
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 13:54 - May 28 with 2389 viewsQPR_John

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 12:26 - May 28 by ngbqpr

"thats before you even consider the discipline and mindset of men compared to women"

No difference !!!. What level would a man’s team need to be to be beaten by a top international womens team
[Post edited 28 May 2022 15:18]
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 14:10 - May 28 with 2370 viewsSonofpugwash

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 13:54 - May 28 by QPR_John

No difference !!!. What level would a man’s team need to be to be beaten by a top international womens team

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/6881715/manchester-united-women-beaten-9

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 18:11 - May 28 with 2271 viewsTGRRRSSS

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 12:22 - May 28 by toboboly

It's like Pep. Easy to be a good coach when you have twice the resources of anyone else. If she then did it at QPR women you'd be snapping her up no issues

QPR women play several levels down to that Chelsea who were the best equipped club along with Citeh I think.
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 19:58 - May 28 with 2201 viewsdenhamhoop2

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 18:29 - May 27 by Lanhoop

No time for Dave Sexton then?

Or Terry Venables
Login to get fewer ads

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 20:13 - May 28 with 2191 viewsToast_R

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 12:26 - May 28 by ngbqpr

She knows the limits and abilities of female players. They're not as fast and they're not as physical as men. She has most of the best female players at her disposal in Chelsea women's team. She won't have such luxurys at QPR.

And as far as discipline and mentality goes, put it this way, did Neil Warnock or Ian Holloway get successful at QPR due to tactics and training drills? I would suggest not, man management is a huge part of it and I just cannot see realistically how a female coach can really achieve that in the men's game. This isn't a perfect world I'm afraid.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 20:19]
"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 22:33 - May 28 with 2104 viewsMrSheen

Let’s take it as read that she’s a highly talented and creative coach. Here’s what she doesn’t have experience of…
Having to put together a squad from misfits, discards and long shots. At Chelsea she had the highest paid player in women’s football, Harder, and she went out and recruited Kerr on more.
Shepherding a (relatively underpowered) squad through a 46 game season. The WSL has 22 rounds.
Managing the expectations of a volatile and unrealistically demanding fan base.
Direct experience of the teams and players she will be up against, and those she will need to recruit from.
The others on our short list won’t necessarily tick the box in every area, but none of them will score 0/4.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t be a success, but why think that it would?
"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 09:33 - May 29 with 1991 viewsSonofpugwash

Don't think a lady coach could pull this off......Oh I dunno......

Poll: Dykes - love him or hate him?

"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 10:52 - May 29 with 1931 viewsPunteR

There will be women football managers sometime in the future I'm sure.
I also think women are more than capable to manage a group of male footballers no problem especially this day in age.
I work in a male dominated industry (construction) and have seen first hand the response to instructions from either a woman client or some management role.
As long as someone is making decisions no one really gives a shit if they are female or not.
Might be different in football but I doubt it

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 11:19 - May 29 with 1913 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

An old article from 2019 but a interesting one. It’s not as novel as you’d think but the environment must be right.

https://www.wsc.co.uk/stories/14206-from-orchard-smith-to-wuebbenhorst-the-femal
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 15:08 - May 29 with 1805 viewsPinnerPaul

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 07:40 - May 28 by Toast_R

This is just nonsense.

Woman's football is totally different to men's physically and ability wise . Different ball park and thats before you even consider the discipline and mindset of men compared to women. It would be like appointing a coach who has won the under 13s league because their team have most of the best kids. And when it inevitably all went wrong, we'd be an absolute laughing stock.

I'm all for women's football but let's not pretend it's the same as men's because it isn't.
[Post edited 28 May 2022 7:41]

The physicality is a non issue as far as coaching is concerned.

Its like saying a women's long jump coach is less of a coach because his/her athlete doesn't jump as far as a man!
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 15:10 - May 29 with 1803 viewsPinnerPaul

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:15 - May 28 by QPR_John

A load of naked men walking around the dressing room. Does she wait till they are all dressed or not before giving the post match talk. Who would be more embarrassed. Just a thought

That's exactly what the many male coaches in the women's game have to do now!
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 15:12 - May 29 with 1800 viewsPinnerPaul

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 10:33 - May 28 by Lee_Gib

Being Chelsea or being a woman are both irrelevant. Never having managed at any meaningful level is what makes her unacceptable.

Don't agree necessarily but you have hit the nail on the head there - is the Womens Champions League Final considered 'meaningful'? - the answer to that is where you stand on this I think.
Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 15:13 - May 29 with 1801 viewsngbqpr

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 13:54 - May 28 by QPR_John

The poster referred to difference in mentality & mindset, that's where `i'm interested to know what these differences are - not talking about the likely result of a men v women match.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 15:14 - May 29 with 1798 viewsPinnerPaul

Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? on 13:31 - May 28 by gobbles

The problem is that it is very difficult judge because women's football in England is so uncompetitive. Essentially there are three clubs that win everything and have all the resources, one clinging on just behind, and the rest nowhere. West Ham finished sixth in the WSL with fewer than half the points of Chelsea and a minus 10 goal difference.

Sounds exactly like the mens PL to me!
"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 15:16 - May 29 with 1794 viewsPinnerPaul

"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 22:33 - May 28 by MrSheen

Let’s take it as read that she’s a highly talented and creative coach. Here’s what she doesn’t have experience of…
Having to put together a squad from misfits, discards and long shots. At Chelsea she had the highest paid player in women’s football, Harder, and she went out and recruited Kerr on more.
Shepherding a (relatively underpowered) squad through a 46 game season. The WSL has 22 rounds.
Managing the expectations of a volatile and unrealistically demanding fan base.
Direct experience of the teams and players she will be up against, and those she will need to recruit from.
The others on our short list won’t necessarily tick the box in every area, but none of them will score 0/4.

I’m not saying it wouldn’t be a success, but why think that it would?

Very fair points
(No subject) on 10:55 - May 19 with 758 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Coming to a league club near you.

I want to see it happen out of curiosity.

Edit: She’s going to manage the USA woman

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ck55j896yzzo
[Post edited 19 May 10:56]
"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 11:28 - May 19 with 681 viewsLowerloftLad

So woman's football is getting bigger and better with more money in it and she is now deciding to move on.🤔

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 11:58 - May 19 with 624 viewsDavieQPR

Almost a different sport. Not the same tactically, physically, skill, etc. Bit like Ted Lasso. It doesn't work in real life.
"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 12:24 - May 19 with 554 viewsJuzzie

She might manage in men’s football but at what level?
As said, shes managed a team with virtually no limitations. How would she fare managing Bristol City’s women’s team?.
"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 16:59 - May 19 with 375 viewsVancouverHoop

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/marie-louise-eta-who-is-union-berl

She's been a fixture on Union's bench in 1 Bundesliga for most of the season

There have also been female head coaches in the French lower divisions for a few years,
"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 17:03 - May 19 with 361 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

"Emma Hayes will one day manage in men’s football — so why not now? '' on 16:59 - May 19 by VancouverHoop

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/bundesliga/news/marie-louise-eta-who-is-union-berl

She's been a fixture on Union's bench in 1 Bundesliga for most of the season

There have also been female head coaches in the French lower divisions for a few years,

Turbine Potsdam by the way.

What a name of a club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024