Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trip down memory lane for the oldsters 22:24 - Jun 18 with 1877 viewsAnotherJohn

Liverpool 2 Swansea City 2 from 1981 - extended highlights. This popped up on Youtube when I was searching for something else -it seems like a recent post. Dai had one of his best games - apart from giving away that pen.

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 22:28 - Jun 18 with 1868 viewsonehunglow

Not again mun

Watched it from the Centre Stand with me old fella. Rest easy ya cantankerous bugger

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 11:12 - Jun 19 with 1734 viewsKeithHaynes

Absolute chaos outside that day.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 11:20 - Jun 19 with 1722 viewsraynor94

Remember it well, disappointed in Tosh, but a cracking game of football, and a hairy walk back to the minibus

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 11:25 - Jun 19 with 1719 viewsLorax

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 22:28 - Jun 18 by onehunglow

Not again mun

Watched it from the Centre Stand with me old fella. Rest easy ya cantankerous bugger

Does Anfield have a centre stand then?

I was in the away end with Alan Gorton and Richard Hartley, Alan died a few years later and Richard I haven't seen in a long, long time. He was a West Ham fan, originally from London but his family moved down here, his dad was a senior manager at Fords. I often wonder where he is, we used to be good mates.

Walking back to the buses was...interesting. We were only 14.
Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 11:51 - Jun 19 with 1701 viewsjack_lord

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 11:25 - Jun 19 by Lorax

I was in the away end with Alan Gorton and Richard Hartley, Alan died a few years later and Richard I haven't seen in a long, long time. He was a West Ham fan, originally from London but his family moved down here, his dad was a senior manager at Fords. I often wonder where he is, we used to be good mates.

Richard is teaching over essex way. His father in law is minted.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 12:08 - Jun 19 with 1671 viewsonehunglow

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 11:25 - Jun 19 by Lorax

Centre Stand=Main/Central stand.

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 15:17 - Jun 19 with 1610 viewsLorax

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 11:51 - Jun 19 by jack_lord

Richard is teaching over essex way. His father in law is minted.

You know him? Maybe we know each other then?

As long as he's doing OK. He was a good mate once even for a Hammer!

Edit, he used to come to the house and call my Gran "Mrs E".... awright Mrs E he'd say, my Gran liked him too because he was always polite.

Now that is memory lane, nearly 50 years ago.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2022 15:21]
Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 15:38 - Jun 19 with 1592 viewsjack_lord

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 15:17 - Jun 19 by Lorax

You know him? Maybe we know each other then?

As long as he's doing OK. He was a good mate once even for a Hammer!

Edit, he used to come to the house and call my Gran "Mrs E".... awright Mrs E he'd say, my Gran liked him too because he was always polite.

Now that is memory lane, nearly 50 years ago.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2022 15:21]

I knew Richard from when he was about 18. Do you know Gary, Peter etc?

Login to get fewer ads

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 18:25 - Jun 19 with 1533 viewsLorax

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 15:38 - Jun 19 by jack_lord

I knew Richard from when he was about 18. Do you know Gary, Peter etc?

Yes I know Gary, him and Richard were great friends, assuming it's the same Gary. Not sure about Peter but it's been a loooong time since I lived in Mumbles!

I guess it was about when we were 18 we'd stopped hanging around together so much.
Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 19:30 - Jun 19 with 1500 viewsjack_lord

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 18:25 - Jun 19 by Lorax

Yes I know Gary, him and Richard were great friends, assuming it's the same Gary. Not sure about Peter but it's been a loooong time since I lived in Mumbles!

I guess it was about when we were 18 we'd stopped hanging around together so much.

Gary and H went to uni in Canterbury and were both working in county hall. They both ended up doing PGCE's and teaching history. Gary is teaching in Neath and lives in Killay and H ended up teaching London way where he met his wife. I havent seen him for years because I had moved out of Swansea.
I met up with Gary for a drink a little while ago and he kept me up to date.
H actually lived in my house in Mumbles for a few months over 25 years ago. Tidy footballer too. He does come back and his sister now has a lovely big house in Sketty after moving back from London.
I could message Gary to tell H you were asking after him

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 19:43 - Jun 19 with 1487 viewsKeithHaynes

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 19:30 - Jun 19 by jack_lord

Gary and H went to uni in Canterbury and were both working in county hall. They both ended up doing PGCE's and teaching history. Gary is teaching in Neath and lives in Killay and H ended up teaching London way where he met his wife. I havent seen him for years because I had moved out of Swansea.
H actually lived in my house in Mumbles for a few months over 25 years ago. Tidy footballer too. He does come back and his sister now has a lovely big house in Sketty after moving back from London.

The beauty of Swansea independent and in fact any forum that opens up a bit and stamps on hate 👍 Nice one mate.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 19:55 - Jun 19 with 1474 viewsonehunglow

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 19:30 - Jun 19 by jack_lord

Our old family house in Killay got sold to a developer who has done nowt with it and it looks a state.
The house was really my last link with Swansea.

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 20:26 - Jun 19 with 1451 viewsLorax

Trip down memory lane for the oldsters on 19:43 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

The beauty of Swansea independent and in fact any forum that opens up a bit and stamps on hate 👍 Nice one mate.

Recently I have discovered I know Treforys, weused to work in the same building, I may know Jack Lord who is messaging someone I haven't seen in decades.

Friends reunited
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024