Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season 07:20 - Jul 4 with 3186 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/57971/swansea-city-suppo

Tickets click above.
Whippets click below.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 07:31 - Jul 4 with 3158 viewsChief

Nice to see them actually speaking out.

Also extremely interesting to note that Dalton seemingly and suddenly now has a relationship with this forum.

How did that come about? I thought they were shying away from forums and social media?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 09:21 - Jul 4 with 3077 viewsguthrieintherain

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 07:31 - Jul 4 by Chief

Also extremely interesting to note that Dalton seemingly and suddenly now has a relationship with this forum.

How did that come about? I thought they were shying away from forums and social media?

My guess is they realise how many fans visit this forum.

And maybe the penny has dropped with just how unpopular they actually are.
Membership numbers are falling.

There is total apathy amongst the fan base.

It will take more than trying to get a fiver knocked off a match day ticket to get me on board again.

They are finished the settlement behind the members backs was the final straw.

Should look for a new name as well as Trust could not be further from the truth.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 09:31 - Jul 4 with 3061 viewsMartyrman57

Perhaps they will instigate legal action 🤔
Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 10:08 - Jul 4 with 3005 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 09:21 - Jul 4 by guthrieintherain

It will take more than trying to get a fiver knocked off a match day ticket to get me on board again.

Should look for a new name as well as Trust could not be further from the truth.

The feelings of many, I would say most but that is only an opinion.
Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 11:00 - Jul 4 with 2937 viewsCatullus

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 07:31 - Jul 4 by Chief

Surely a supporters trust should be fully engaging with as many fans as possible? Social media and internet forums are the easiest way to do this, if you are genuinely interested and not just trying to get a snout into a trough?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 12:58 - Jul 4 with 2839 viewsChief

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 11:00 - Jul 4 by Catullus

Surely a supporters trust should be fully engaging with as many fans as possible? Social media and internet forums are the easiest way to do this, if you are genuinely interested and not just trying to get a snout into a trough?

I fully concur, that's why I asked the questions.

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 13:04 - Jul 4 with 2824 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 12:58 - Jul 4 by Chief

I fully concur, that's why I asked the questions.

Then contact the trust, our response on what and how we do things is on the Ntcham thread.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 13:14 - Jul 4 with 2802 viewsChief

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 13:04 - Jul 4 by KeithHaynes

Then contact the trust, our response on what and how we do things is on the Ntcham thread.

Why the secrecy? Did Dalton confirm this was part of a wider campaign to re-engage with the membership and fanbase online? Will other online swans forums be receiving statements? Did the trust initiate contact or was it you? Will there now be ongoing dialogue between this site and the trust? Is this why the latest trust update was made a sticky?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 13:17 - Jul 4 with 2793 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 09:21 - Jul 4 by guthrieintherain

My perspective is that the members were sold a pup. Responsible people did not correct silly assumptions made on here and other forums that there was £20m waiting for them after a court case. A complete myth. £10m at best after deductions and the Trust is worth not far off £9.5m NOW. (£8M valuation + £1.4m pending in the bank).

Only people with Neath valley postcodes made these corrections. Smart people allowed the less smart to get unrealistic expectations.

These expectations were dashed which was inevitable from day one and the people breaking the bad news are getting the rap. The people who created the illusion of £20m have long gone. They set out to Vegas six years ago and ran out of petrol in the Mohavi dessert.

For me there is one key question that needs to be answered. How will the SCST mitigate against inflation?. It is a far bigger problem than dilution. 20 years of 7% inflation will see the Trust cash at around 30% of ts original value unless its cash is invested.

If it cannot invest it should give its money away charities or convert into a different not for profit body. It looks to me like an 'old boy money hoarder' the man we all know who is reputed to be loaded and spends nothing and buys his cloths in the charity shops.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 13:19 - Jul 4 with 2778 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 13:14 - Jul 4 by Chief

Why the secrecy? Did Dalton confirm this was part of a wider campaign to re-engage with the membership and fanbase online? Will other online swans forums be receiving statements? Did the trust initiate contact or was it you? Will there now be ongoing dialogue between this site and the trust? Is this why the latest trust update was made a sticky?

Then ask the trust.

There is no secrecy.

From the Ntcham thread.

- On the subject matter of what we put on the site via our news items etc, we won’t be dictated to by anyone regards the content of the story, the people involved nor the opinion. What other people think elsewhere as to what we report is of no consequence. We couldn’t care. We deliver a very decent free news service on Swansea City matters, we have people who have the ability to write articles that go deeper and far more inquisitively than anywhere else. We source and manage information from many different areas. The real issue is that nobody does it any better. That’s why we are the success we are. -

That’s it, I’ve disengaged.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 13:22 - Jul 4 with 2762 viewsChief

Swansea City Supporters Trust unhappy with ticket pricing for 2022/23 season on 13:17 - Jul 4 by ReslovenSwan1

My perspective is that the members were sold a pup. Responsible people did not correct silly assumptions made on here and other forums that there was £20m waiting for them after a court case. A complete myth. £10m at best after deductions and the Trust is worth not far off £9.5m NOW. (£8M valuation + £1.4m pending in the bank).

Only people with Neath valley postcodes made these corrections. Smart people allowed the less smart to get unrealistic expectations.

These expectations were dashed which was inevitable from day one and the people breaking the bad news are getting the rap. The people who created the illusion of £20m have long gone. They set out to Vegas six years ago and ran out of petrol in the Mohavi dessert.

For me there is one key question that needs to be answered. How will the SCST mitigate against inflation?. It is a far bigger problem than dilution. 20 years of 7% inflation will see the Trust cash at around 30% of ts original value unless its cash is invested.

If it cannot invest it should give its money away charities or convert into a different not for profit body. It looks to me like an 'old boy money hoarder' the man we all know who is reputed to be loaded and spends nothing and buys his cloths in the charity shops.

Latest monologue of discredited drivel derived from Reslovens imagination.

You ready to grow up and rescind the accusation you made yesterday seeing as we're seemingly in a self policing environment?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024