Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attendances dipping 08:54 - Aug 18 with 11680 viewsDr_Parnassus

Much talk about this pre season.

It appears the average is over 1000 down on last season so far.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Attendances dipping on 09:06 - Aug 18 with 2748 viewsonehunglow

Dr P
Morning
I watched and listened to the game and thought the crowd pitifully insipid. This was loicked up by Anthony O'Connell and Leon so let's have no more of this loyal,great,passionate fans crap.Fans are sitting down for a start when clubs with exciting teams to watch stand. Look around .People get zippy and they shout from a standing position. Many of our fans look and sound bored to death more interested in their phones . It stands out a mile. Fans are not enthused and will not return until we change our ways and coach and in fact the whole way we play. Swansea fans patient? They have no choice being served this boring dross .

Signs at Blackpool were encouraging but it seems deep down,at our core,nowt has changed as we revert to type.Martin type.

In short,Martin is not the messiah seen by many on here and go to other social media and support for him is a minority sport.

I can guarantee the usual chaps will come along very soon and rip into this contribution.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Attendances dipping on 09:11 - Aug 18 with 2735 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 09:06 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

Dr P
Morning
I watched and listened to the game and thought the crowd pitifully insipid. This was loicked up by Anthony O'Connell and Leon so let's have no more of this loyal,great,passionate fans crap.Fans are sitting down for a start when clubs with exciting teams to watch stand. Look around .People get zippy and they shout from a standing position. Many of our fans look and sound bored to death more interested in their phones . It stands out a mile. Fans are not enthused and will not return until we change our ways and coach and in fact the whole way we play. Swansea fans patient? They have no choice being served this boring dross .

Signs at Blackpool were encouraging but it seems deep down,at our core,nowt has changed as we revert to type.Martin type.

In short,Martin is not the messiah seen by many on here and go to other social media and support for him is a minority sport.

I can guarantee the usual chaps will come along very soon and rip into this contribution.

Season ticket sales obviously down on last season, the worse we are positioned in the league the less the walk up will be too.

We are playing with the long term health of the club by accepting, excusing and sugar coating the nonsense we are seeing.

Attendances dipping on 09:18 - Aug 18 with 2724 viewsjojaca

Unfortunately the longer we stay in the championship, the numbers will keep dropping until we hit our hardcore support around 12/13k. Our premier league era gets more faded with time, tough economic times, access to IPTV which allows to watch every game added to the current entertainment served by our current manager which could also put people off. Fans need to be entertained.

Even when you know, you never know?

Attendances dipping on 09:19 - Aug 18 with 2722 viewsonehunglow

Attendances dipping on 09:11 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Season ticket sales obviously down on last season, the worse we are positioned in the league the less the walk up will be too.

We are playing with the long term health of the club by accepting, excusing and sugar coating the nonsense we are seeing.

Its my concern.
Its all very well boasting on here about being a super loyal fan who always goes to every game ;it's those who are less enthused we need to encourage to get there and show some chutzpah .

Many,when pizzed off simply stay schtum,then go home muttering never again -at least not for a while.

Next up we will see the posts going on about how crap we were years and years ago and I went to to Workington etc and Im still going OR younger fans are too entitled.So they should be.

Attendances dipping on 09:21 - Aug 18 with 2722 viewsBoundy

No idea of others circumstances but as myself I'd guess many are still away on hols and many tightening their belts , two home games this week for example is one more than perhaps a lot can afford ?

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Attendances dipping on 09:23 - Aug 18 with 2715 viewsonehunglow

Attendances dipping on 09:21 - Aug 18 by Boundy

No idea of others circumstances but as myself I'd guess many are still away on hols and many tightening their belts , two home games this week for example is one more than perhaps a lot can afford ?

Thought occurs to me Swansea being almost a holiday area there would be visitors who might want to go along to a game of our standard.

Attendances dipping on 10:09 - Aug 18 with 2651 viewsBoundy

Attendances dipping on 09:23 - Aug 18 by onehunglow

Thought occurs to me Swansea being almost a holiday area there would be visitors who might want to go along to a game of our standard.

and a valid point to make , I couldn't sat whether we pick up the odd casual observer , plenty of differing club colours on view in Tenby

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Attendances dipping on 10:25 - Aug 18 with 2636 viewsBadlands

800 up on average attendance when we won promotion!
100ish up on August 17th last season (also second home game, also a Tuesday).
Opening games of the season last year were c 1,000 down on the season's average.
We may end up with poor attendance but too early to tell yet.
But, it is a useful set of numbers to beat the club with.

Home support is rarely loud. It is a myth that the Liberty rocked … some great days, many indifferent and some when you could hear change being given in the bar.
Away support very noisy. 👍

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

Attendances dipping on 10:36 - Aug 18 with 2622 viewsraynor94

There's a cost of living crisis going on, paying out over £60 to watch 2 games of football is asking a lot.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Attendances dipping on 10:40 - Aug 18 with 2613 viewspencoedjack

Dr P
Morning

Nonsense the atmosphere for a midweek game was decent on Tuesday night.

I love people who are critical of atmosphere who were not at the game.
Attendances dipping on 10:42 - Aug 18 with 2610 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 10:25 - Aug 18 by Badlands

800 up on average attendance when we won promotion!
100ish up on August 17th last season (also second home game, also a Tuesday).
Opening games of the season last year were c 1,000 down on the season's average.
We may end up with poor attendance but too early to tell yet.
But, it is a useful set of numbers to beat the club with.

Home support is rarely loud. It is a myth that the Liberty rocked … some great days, many indifferent and some when you could hear change being given in the bar.
Away support very noisy. 👍

Pointless in comparing to over a decade ago, it’s a different fan base now.

Where did you read that attendances are 1000 down across the board?

Attendances dipping on 11:10 - Aug 18 with 2570 viewsjojaca

Just over 16k the other night is not bad especially with Millwall not bringing many.

Even when you know, you never know?

Attendances dipping on 11:19 - Aug 18 with 2548 viewsGixerJack

Attendances dipping on 10:36 - Aug 18 by raynor94

There's a cost of living crisis going on, paying out over £60 to watch 2 games of football is asking a lot.

The weather wasn’t the best either with torrential rain in places affecting road transport, it took me nearly 90 minutes to travel from Porth because of it. This would have dissuaded some people because it was forecast and all over the radio
Attendances dipping on 11:19 - Aug 18 with 2548 viewsmagicdaps10

Attendances dipping on 10:40 - Aug 18 by pencoedjack

Nonsense the atmosphere for a midweek game was decent on Tuesday night.

I love people who are critical of atmosphere who were not at the game.

Atmosphere was superb on Tuesday up until injury time 😬.

Considering the prices of virtually every essential at present, I think that 16k was a terrific turn out plus as stated, Millwall brought very few and that was probably because of the reasons mentioned along with work schedules.

In saying all that, our support for the kast 2 away games has been terrific, when was the last time we seen support like that in 2 consecutive games?
I know a few who didn't go Tuesday because they were spent out over the Blackpool weekend.

The gates are dropping for obvious reasons and no other conspiracies.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Attendances dipping on 11:25 - Aug 18 with 2534 viewsjack247

Dr P
Morning

It’s always different away. I can’t remember the last time I went away and sat down. Most clubs are the same.

As for the attendances, it’s to be expected when the cost of virtually everything has rocketed. People are having to make choices and sacrifices they didn’t previously need to.

I get the implied point though, if we’d finished last season playing scintillating football and carried it into the first couple of games, more people would be choosing to come and sacrificing the cinema or whatever.

My guess is we’ll see anomalies like Sunderland and one or two teams will have better than expected seasons, but Championship attendances will be down overall this season.
Attendances dipping on 11:47 - Aug 18 with 2500 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 11:19 - Aug 18 by magicdaps10

Atmosphere was superb on Tuesday up until injury time 😬.

Considering the prices of virtually every essential at present, I think that 16k was a terrific turn out plus as stated, Millwall brought very few and that was probably because of the reasons mentioned along with work schedules.

In saying all that, our support for the kast 2 away games has been terrific, when was the last time we seen support like that in 2 consecutive games?
I know a few who didn't go Tuesday because they were spent out over the Blackpool weekend.

The gates are dropping for obvious reasons and no other conspiracies.

Lot of excuses there, it’s becoming a theme.

Attendances dipping on 11:50 - Aug 18 with 2493 viewsmagicdaps10

Attendances dipping on 11:47 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Lot of excuses there, it’s becoming a theme.

If you don't like the truth then you need to deal with that yourself.

Attendances dipping on 11:53 - Aug 18 with 2489 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 11:50 - Aug 18 by magicdaps10

If you don't like the truth then you need to deal with that yourself.

It isn’t the truth, it’s you guessing why attendances are down… despite the obvious.

A bit like when you pretended ST sales were up despite the opposite.

Attendances dipping on 11:57 - Aug 18 with 2471 viewsSwans9

Atmosphere was good Tuesday. I seen a lot worse atmosphere s than that at home games. I think they will dip slowly season by season due to cost watching the games on the box and fact it seems to rain at most of our home games.
Attendances dipping on 11:59 - Aug 18 with 2469 viewsBadlands

Attendances dipping on 10:42 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

Pointless in comparing to over a decade ago, it’s a different fan base now.

Where did you read that attendances are 1000 down across the board?

Just looked up attendance figures on Transfermarkt …

average home attendance for last season
Average attendance for first two home games last season
(I rounded down in my first post the actual difference between first two home games and season’s average was 1,453)
Sheffield (Sat) 15946 …. 0 - 0 draw
Stoke (Tues) 15927 … 1 - 3 loss
1 point.
Both teams finished above us (Sheff 5th / Stoke 14th)

16,350 average for first two home games this season
Blackburn (Sat) 16,632 … 0 - 3 loss
Millwall (Tues) 16068 … 2 - 2 draw
1 point
Both teams currently above us (Blackburn 1st / Millwall 5th)

Perhaps a more indicative headline would be attendances increased by more than a 1000!
In the first four matches of the 2021/22 season, Swansea had a combined total of 32 shots at goal, 12 of which were on target.

In the same number of games this term, (4) they have managed 54 shots at goal, 24 of which were on target - exactly double the amount they achieved in their opening four league outings a year ago.'
WoL

I still think we should bring in a more experienced manager to continue the way we are playing but with greater man management abilities.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 12:01]

Attendances dipping on 12:05 - Aug 18 with 2453 viewsBadlands

Attendances dipping on 09:11 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

It always shocks me when people don’t turn up to support the Swans irrespective of league, position or form! Anyway.

We are in the same position as last season after 4 games with the same points, and as pointed out earlier have an increased home attendance.
Also this from WoL this morning.

In the first four matches of the 2021/22 season, Swansea had a combined total of 32 shots at goal, 12 of which were on target.

In the same number of games this term, they have managed 54 shots at goal, 24 of which were on target - exactly double the amount they achieved in their opening four league outings a year ago.

Why are so many fans so desperate to run the club down?

Attendances dipping on 12:08 - Aug 18 with 2444 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 11:59 - Aug 18 by Badlands

Just looked up attendance figures on Transfermarkt …

average home attendance for last season
Average attendance for first two home games last season
(I rounded down in my first post the actual difference between first two home games and season’s average was 1,453)
Sheffield (Sat) 15946 …. 0 - 0 draw
Stoke (Tues) 15927 … 1 - 3 loss
1 point.
Both teams finished above us (Sheff 5th / Stoke 14th)

16,350 average for first two home games this season
Blackburn (Sat) 16,632 … 0 - 3 loss
Millwall (Tues) 16068 … 2 - 2 draw
1 point
Both teams currently above us (Blackburn 1st / Millwall 5th)

Perhaps a more indicative headline would be attendances increased by more than a 1000!

In the same number of games this term, (4) they have managed 54 shots at goal, 24 of which were on target - exactly double the amount they achieved in their opening four league outings a year ago.'
WoL

I still think we should bring in a more experienced manager to continue the way we are playing but with greater man management abilities.
[Post edited 18 Aug 2022 12:01]

Why on earth would you like a manager to come in and continue to play the way we are playing?

You do realise there is no other manager that plays this way don’t you?

And you know why don’t you?

Probably the reason we are 1000 less through the gate than last season.

Attendances dipping on 12:10 - Aug 18 with 2433 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 12:05 - Aug 18 by Badlands

It always shocks me when people don’t turn up to support the Swans irrespective of league, position or form! Anyway.

We are in the same position as last season after 4 games with the same points, and as pointed out earlier have an increased home attendance.
Also this from WoL this morning.

In the same number of games this term, they have managed 54 shots at goal, 24 of which were on target - exactly double the amount they achieved in their opening four league outings a year ago.

Why are so many fans so desperate to run the club down?

Who is running the club down?

I think what is being pointed out is this manager is losing a lot of faith from the support. Hence why many don’t bother going now.

Unless you are suggesting the club is now Russell Martin… which ironically is what it seems with many on here.

Bizarre.

Attendances dipping on 12:12 - Aug 18 with 2432 viewsmagicdaps10

Attendances dipping on 11:53 - Aug 18 by Dr_Parnassus

It isn’t the truth, it’s you guessing why attendances are down… despite the obvious.

A bit like when you pretended ST sales were up despite the opposite.

So come on then clever cloggs.....why in your eyes would it have dipped then?

Attendances dipping on 12:17 - Aug 18 with 2422 viewsDr_Parnassus

Attendances dipping on 12:12 - Aug 18 by magicdaps10

So come on then clever cloggs.....why in your eyes would it have dipped then?

Do you mean clogs?

People are losing faith in the manager, I know many who now don’t go because they are fed up wtry the way we are playing and the results we are getting.

We haven’t beaten a team in our league at home for 6 months. Won 1 in the last 11.

The evidence is clear throughout history that the worse your results the worse attendances are. It’s not a coincidence we have 6,000 in the bottom division and 21,000 in the Premier League.

Use your noggin puppet.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024