Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** 17:21 - Apr 7 with 10066 viewsNotLoyal

It’s a big support heading north for this BH cracker ( well, we do have to build these things up )

Wigan just have to win. By close on Friday the Swans had sold just under 1,200 tickets for this one. It is now pay on the day, cash only.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59985/swansea-city-enter

Swansea City: Andy Fisher; Joel Latibeaudiere, Nathan Wood, Ben Cabango, Ryan Manning; Joe Allen, Jay Fulton, Matt Grimes (captain); Olivier Ntcham, Jamie Paterson; Joel Piroe.

Substitutes: Lewis Webb, Harry Darling, Luke Cundle, Morgan Whittaker, Liam Cullen, Kyle Naughton, Ollie Cooper.

Wigan Athletic: Ben Amos, Ryan Nyambe, Tom Naylor, Jack Whatmough, Max Power, James McClean, Callum Lang, Christ Tiehi, Ashley Fletcher, Tendayi Darikwa (captain), Charlie Hughes.

Substitutes: Jamie Jones, Tom Pearce, Will Keane, Omar Rekik, Josh Magennis, Thelo Aasgaard, Scott Smith.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/59998/piroe’s-party-go

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 17:54 - Apr 10 with 1549 viewsmax936

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 17:07 - Apr 10 by union_jack

I said on Friday that even though he put in a MoM performance and again today, he lacks stature which in turn makes it difficult for him to be aggressive. Opposition sides know this and crowd him at corners which stops him catching the ball so he ends up palming it out usually.

Still, last two games he was ecpxceptional.

Poor second half, I was expecting more goals from us, but Wigan came at us more closed us down, by fouling us, Ref was shocking, considering that he's dished out over a 100 yellows and however many reds, but he didn't feel the need to put his hands in his pocket in that 2nd half. How Lang stayed on the pitch I never know.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 17:55 - Apr 10 with 1551 viewsWhiterockin

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 17:53 - Apr 10 by guthrieintherain

Win lose or draw you are consistent fair play no encouragement or balance whatsoever.

Some are just happy being unhappy.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 17:56 - Apr 10 with 1549 viewsAnotherJohn

Part of me wants to think we have turned the corner with another good result. Part of me cautions that our opponents are nailed on certainties for relegation, and our defence chipped in with its usual quota of misplaced passes that a better team would have punished. Even though we are mid-table the next few games will be very interesting.
Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 18:01 - Apr 10 with 1508 viewsKeithHaynes

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 17:56 - Apr 10 by AnotherJohn

Part of me wants to think we have turned the corner with another good result. Part of me cautions that our opponents are nailed on certainties for relegation, and our defence chipped in with its usual quota of misplaced passes that a better team would have punished. Even though we are mid-table the next few games will be very interesting.

Huddersfield next Saturday. I bet Colin is looking forward to that the cheeky chappy.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 18:26 - Apr 10 with 1417 viewsmax936

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 18:01 - Apr 10 by KeithHaynes

Huddersfield next Saturday. I bet Colin is looking forward to that the cheeky chappy.

I'm glad we're not battling out down the bottom with our run in, Hudds, Preston, Norwich, Hull and West Brom that looks a tough last 5 game run in.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 18:32 - Apr 10 with 1408 viewsonehunglow

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 17:55 - Apr 10 by Whiterockin

Some are just happy being unhappy.

Some never miss the chance to rip into fellow fans after the team wins

Today,we played the worst side in the league.
We have the talent to run up a cricket score.
We didn’t

Wish Whittaker had some of this support

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 18:56 - Apr 10 with 1362 viewsGwyn737

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 16:53 - Apr 10 by builthjack

We don’t know what his attitude in training is like. He doesn’t look interested when he comes on.

I agree with you there. His game time has been limited but he’s done nothing to warrant more game time in matches.

I may be wrong but I don’t see much there. Yet.
Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 18:59 - Apr 10 with 1345 viewsFireboy2

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 17:16 - Apr 10 by builthjack

Good win.away from home against a team battling relegation.
Always tough, but a professional job done. Well,done.

Yes good win but the performance wasn't good enough imo.

We took our foot off the gas, should have won by at least 4.
Login to get fewer ads

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:01 - Apr 10 with 1336 viewsKeithHaynes

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 18:32 - Apr 10 by onehunglow

We didn’t

Yes of course, I thought this nonsense would be spouted well before this.
But there we are.

Utterly shocking statements every time this team wins, excuses as to why as well.

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:17 - Apr 10 with 1284 viewsguthrieintherain

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 18:32 - Apr 10 by onehunglow

We didn’t

Sheff Utd only scorrd one against them on Friday should have scored at least 15 though shocking from them

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:17 - Apr 10 with 1282 viewsKeithHaynes

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:01 - Apr 10 by KeithHaynes

Yes of course, I thought this nonsense would be spouted well before this.
But there we are.

Utterly shocking statements every time this team wins, excuses as to why as well.

And I will add.

That’s the first time in 69 days that Wigan have conceded two goals at home and that was back in January to Luton.

And, it was the FIRST TIME bar Burnley away they have lost by two clear goals in FOURTEEN games home and away.

That’s just under a third of a season.

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:19 - Apr 10 with 1266 viewsonehunglow

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:17 - Apr 10 by KeithHaynes

And I will add.

That’s the first time in 69 days that Wigan have conceded two goals at home and that was back in January to Luton.

And, it was the FIRST TIME bar Burnley away they have lost by two clear goals in FOURTEEN games home and away.

That’s just under a third of a season.

And I will add that which Fireboy states which is they should have been blown away.
At times,there were signs of real menace going forward
We need more

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:20 - Apr 10 with 1255 viewsKeithHaynes

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:19 - Apr 10 by onehunglow

And I will add that which Fireboy states which is they should have been blown away.
At times,there were signs of real menace going forward
We need more

I give up 💁🏻‍♀️😂

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:25 - Apr 10 with 1225 viewsKeithHaynes

Anyway.

Here’s the highlights.

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:25 - Apr 10 with 1223 viewsWhiterockin

We didn’t

And some are never happy even when we win and continue to complain. It also seems to be the opposition are crap and we should have scored more. Just be be pleased when we win and enjoy it, its what supporters do.

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:25 - Apr 10 with 1220 viewsswancity

It seems that some of our so called fans are happiest when we lose as they feel that it adds weight to their (mainly) unsubstantiated comments and that’s sad.

Anyway, as we know any win in the Championship has to be worked hard for, especially away from home. Regardless of where the opposition are. That was a good win. And dominant.

They saw the game out well too. Didn’t commit to many forward in that second half and protected the lead professionally. Ten points from four games with three clean sheets and a win at Cardiff City. Some people aren’t happy. It just shows a lack of understanding or appreciation I suppose of what’s required.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:32 - Apr 10 with 1172 viewsonehunglow

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:25 - Apr 10 by Whiterockin

And some are never happy even when we win and continue to complain. It also seems to be the opposition are crap and we should have scored more. Just be be pleased when we win and enjoy it, its what supporters do.

Most great coaches are never satisfied.
If you are,then there can be noorigress.
Many understand this
I want The Swans to slaughter mercilessly teams like Wigan.

We are capable of being very potent

Most fans turn on each other after a defeat. We turn on each other after a win.

Weirds or what

More concern on being seen as the best fan when the best fans actually don’t give a stuff about other fans’ opinions as they know they are just that .

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:39 - Apr 10 with 1138 viewsNotLoyal

We turn on each other after a win ?

Well, why do you think that is ?

You instigate it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:51 - Apr 10 with 1104 viewsFireboy2

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:25 - Apr 10 by KeithHaynes

Anyway.

Here’s the highlights.

Yeah thats from the home game Keith 🙄
Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:51 - Apr 10 with 1080 viewsKeithHaynes

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:51 - Apr 10 by Fireboy2

Yeah I know, I told you I was having a bad day 😂

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:52 - Apr 10 with 1074 viewsunion_jack

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:51 - Apr 10 by Fireboy2

😂

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:53 - Apr 10 with 1051 viewsKeithHaynes

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:52 - Apr 10 by union_jack

😂

Sums up the management situation here at the moment mate. 😂

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:56 - Apr 10 with 1040 viewsWhiterockin

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:32 - Apr 10 by onehunglow

Most great coaches are never satisfied.
If you are,then there can be noorigress.
Many understand this
I want The Swans to slaughter mercilessly teams like Wigan.

We are capable of being very potent

Most fans turn on each other after a defeat. We turn on each other after a win.

Weirds or what

More concern on being seen as the best fan when the best fans actually don’t give a stuff about other fans’ opinions as they know they are just that .

Great coaches are more concerned with game management, seeing the game out and securing the result, as we did today. Earlier on in the season we were not doing this, today we did, this I concider progress, hopefully it will continue.

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:57 - Apr 10 with 1034 viewsFireboy2

Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 19:53 - Apr 10 by KeithHaynes

Sums up the management situation here at the moment mate. 😂

Tough day mate 🤣
Wigan Athletic v Swansea City : Matchday Thread UPDATED ** on 20:15 - Apr 10 with 963 viewslifelong

We didn’t

Another pathetic post after an excellent result and performance, against a side fighting to stay in this difficult league. More digs at Fisher and Grimes who were both very good today, the manager got it right..well done to all concerned.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2023 7:12]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024