Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? 16:46 - Apr 15 with 6595 viewsKeithHaynes

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 10:12 - Apr 17 with 2059 viewsKeithHaynes

Interesting that a decent percentage want to see him given a new contract. Martin obviously likes him not least for his aggression and character off the pitch. I just don’t see a footballer who fits the Swansea mould that Martin wants.

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 10:42 - Apr 17 with 2014 viewsWhiterockin

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 10:12 - Apr 17 by KeithHaynes

Interesting that a decent percentage want to see him given a new contract. Martin obviously likes him not least for his aggression and character off the pitch. I just don’t see a footballer who fits the Swansea mould that Martin wants.

How much is genuine and how much is posturing. I believe he can't leave on a free because of his age and compensation must be paid if signs for someone else and we have offered a contact. I stand to be corrected.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 13:47 - Apr 17 with 1968 viewsunion_jack

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 10:12 - Apr 17 by KeithHaynes

I’m sniffing some vote rigging here😁

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 13:56 - Apr 17 with 1960 viewsKeithHaynes

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 13:47 - Apr 17 by union_jack

I’m sniffing some vote rigging here😁

95% check out fine.

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 14:02 - Apr 17 with 1956 viewsReslovenSwan1

Joel Lati it seems had got Russ and Marshy out of hole and filled a place in the team the manager and chief scout did not cater for. (this is actually their job).

It is normal for Russ to be grateful to him for playing out of position. Russ pointed this out. To paraphrase his words he said "He only looks bad because I am forcing him to play somewhere where he i not so comfortable because me and Marshy messed up".

He could be the new Dudley Lewis. A big surge towards Lati over recent days on the swingometer. Perhaps converted into a Carlton Palmer type midfielder?. Just a suggestion.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2023 14:07]

Wise sage since Toshack era

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 19:17 - Apr 17 with 1884 viewsKeithHaynes

Interesting swing on the voting.

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 19:52 - Apr 17 with 1854 viewsEagleEye

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 23:30 - Apr 15 by KeithHaynes

Russell Martin on Latibeaudiere.

The big picture with Joel is he's a leader, intensity, courage, aggression, the way he is around the place with the staff, he's so respectful.

"I really want to re-sign him if we can. It'd be mad to let him go. He played four positions in the game today, he has unbelievable flexibility and it's been unfair on him that he's been judged as a wing-back for large parts because we didn't sign a wing-back.

"We've had to put him there because we've trusted him, it's not his position, but he gives us everything. When he's played centre-half or full-back he's been outstanding, so we have to try and keep him as well."

When you read quotes like this from RM it makes you wonder if he will ever be the right coach for us. It’s little wonder we are where we are. Just flabbergasted if he thinks this is the quality required to move us forward
Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 20:16 - Apr 17 with 1842 viewsKeithHaynes

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 19:52 - Apr 17 by EagleEye

When you read quotes like this from RM it makes you wonder if he will ever be the right coach for us. It’s little wonder we are where we are. Just flabbergasted if he thinks this is the quality required to move us forward

I have to agree, but when you see almost a 50/50 split in favour of a contract then surely there’s people on here who can give some positives ?

I know they are out there. 😂

Login to get fewer ads

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 20:42 - Apr 17 with 1817 viewsunion_jack

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 20:16 - Apr 17 by KeithHaynes

I have to agree, but when you see almost a 50/50 split in favour of a contract then surely there’s people on here who can give some positives ?

I know they are out there. 😂

But they’ve not contributed to this thread as far as I can see.

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 10:26 - Apr 18 with 1755 viewsKeithHaynes

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 20:42 - Apr 17 by union_jack

Exactly.

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 10:48 - Apr 18 with 1724 viewsWhiterockin

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 20:42 - Apr 17 by union_jack

As often is the case on forums. People who are not happy post more than those who are more accepting of the situation. That is why forum posts are often not a true reflection of supporters opinion. Polls are often more accurate.

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 08:25 - Apr 19 with 1625 viewsscruffyjack

When you look at attributes, he’s not got enough for this level.
Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 09:58 - Apr 19 with 1590 viewsunion_jack

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 10:48 - Apr 18 by Whiterockin

As often is the case on forums. People who are not happy post more than those who are more accepting of the situation. That is why forum posts are often not a true reflection of supporters opinion. Polls are often more accurate.

I can understand that theory if we are discussing a player like Grimes for instance.

But Latibeaudiere is so wanting at this level, it’s not even close.

Imo of course!

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 22:54 - Apr 19 with 1544 viewsPatchesOHoulihan

It’s like the glass half full or empty question

If you look for the good there’s a decent bit of it. If you look for the bad there’s a fair amount of that too.

For me if he wants to stay I’d be happy to have him. Good quality to be able to adapt to different positions, he’s definitely a competitor.
We could easily have worse

I’d prefer him over Sorinola every day of the week

This is Patches O'Houlihan saying "Take care of your balls, and they'll take care of you."

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 23:43 - Apr 19 with 1512 viewsRichardO

Couldn't really fault his performance too much today especially in the first half.
Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 07:31 - Apr 20 with 1461 viewsangryjack

Unbelievable people have said yes,he's terrible
Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 08:09 - Apr 20 with 1419 viewsWhiterockin

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 07:31 - Apr 20 by angryjack

Unbelievable people have said yes,he's terrible

One match doesn't make him a good player it just shows us what the coaching staff can see, he should be delivering that kind of performance week in week out. Playing for a new contract?

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 12:41 - Apr 20 with 1374 viewsSTID2017

Definetly done enough to earn a new contract

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 13:35 - Apr 20 with 1343 viewsOptimisticJack

Absolute yes from me, provided of course that the contract offered sits comfortably within our wage structure.

Optimisticjack

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 17:14 - Apr 20 with 1285 viewsEagleEye

It is often stated by many clubs & coaches, RM included, that if you want to bring players in then whoever comes in should strengthen the squad. If Latibeaudiere was a free agent as he will be at the end of the season would anyone actually think that he would strengthen our match day squad ?The answer (for many) is plain to see … we need better

And that rule should apply to all incoming loans. We have had a wasted season & poor loans have contributed for whatever reason. Loan players have played a huge part in the promotion of Villa, Forest, Leeds, and Burnley & Sheff Utd this season
Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 17:29 - Apr 20 with 1279 viewsWhiterockin

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 17:14 - Apr 20 by EagleEye

It is often stated by many clubs & coaches, RM included, that if you want to bring players in then whoever comes in should strengthen the squad. If Latibeaudiere was a free agent as he will be at the end of the season would anyone actually think that he would strengthen our match day squad ?The answer (for many) is plain to see … we need better

And that rule should apply to all incoming loans. We have had a wasted season & poor loans have contributed for whatever reason. Loan players have played a huge part in the promotion of Villa, Forest, Leeds, and Burnley & Sheff Utd this season

Although he is a free agent, a fee will be involved if he signs for another club because of his age and we have offered him a contract. I stand to be corrected if wrong.

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 16:05 - Apr 4 with 398 viewshobo

Now being linked to Sporting Lisbon and Ajax
Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 17:51 - Apr 4 with 335 viewsDr_Winston

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 16:05 - Apr 4 by hobo

Now being linked to Sporting Lisbon and Ajax

Who'da thought that playing a defensive midfielder in a defensive role would be a better choice than sticking him out on the wing?

Not Russell "It's not me. My squad's not good enough. Honest" Martin.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 18:40 - Apr 4 with 295 viewsbuilthjack

He came on leaps and bounds last season.
Mind you, Grimes has been linked with big clubs.
Agents eh.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 19:02 - Apr 4 with 279 viewsKeithHaynes

Should the Swans give Joel Latibeaudiere a new contract ? on 18:40 - Apr 4 by builthjack

He came on leaps and bounds last season.
Mind you, Grimes has been linked with big clubs.
Agents eh.

500k banked, decent deal.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024