Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... 17:57 - Jun 27 with 9522 viewstheloneranger

"A total of 95 staff at a hotel which will house asylum seekers have been told they will lose their jobs.

The Stradey Park Hotel in Llanelli, Carmarthenshire, is set to house up to 241 asylum seekers.

The Home Office said the plans were necessary and it was listening to the views of the local community.

The Refugee Council has raised concerns about integrating asylum seekers in the community and whether they will get the support they need.

The 50 full-time and 45 part-time staff will stop working at the hotel on 10 July, the same day asylum seekers are due to move in.

Staff were informed during a meeting on Tuesday morning, after an email was sent via management at the hotel who then informed their colleagues.

The meeting, which lasted about half an hour, did not include any representatives on behalf of the hotel's owners, Sterling Woodrow.

The BBC was told some staff members who were not able to make the meeting joined the meeting via their phones, while others were called afterwards by colleagues.

Staff were said to be "shocked" but some also described relief "after weeks of waiting" to have questions answered about their futures."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-66033564

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:33 - Oct 10 with 1577 viewsBillyChong

Llanelli 1 (Braverman O.G.)
Home Office 0
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:24 - Oct 10 with 1513 viewsmajorraglan

I wonder if the contract between Clearspring and the HO will see the former getting paid even though there aren’t going to be any the people housed at the hotel?
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:32 - Oct 10 with 1488 viewsmajorraglan

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 17:58 - Oct 10 by shingle

Many of us now see the Police in a different light after watching there actions during this protest what an eye opener it was seeing them go against there own locals and licking up to the home office and the hotel owners and security, their chief of police proved himself to be an utter sleazebag and liar, will show them no respect what so ever in the future not that they will be the least bit bothered.

Do you think the police had any choice other than to enforce the law? Given the HO have overall responsibility for policing in England and Wales and they were also the commissioning group for the contract to house the refugees/asylum seekers there was only ever going to be 1 course of action the police could take.
Factor in the possibility Clearspring could have initiated litigation against the police for failing to implement the law of the land I think it’s obvious why the police have taken the actions that they did. The police have been caught in the middle as so often is the case.

The cancellation will not go down well at the HO because what’s happened at Stradey could be a catalyst similar action elsewhere.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 21:44]
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:32 - Oct 10 with 1487 viewsWhiterockin

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:24 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

I wonder if the contract between Clearspring and the HO will see the former getting paid even though there aren’t going to be any the people housed at the hotel?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-67064599

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 08:07 - Oct 11 with 1414 viewsItchySphincter

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:32 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

Do you think the police had any choice other than to enforce the law? Given the HO have overall responsibility for policing in England and Wales and they were also the commissioning group for the contract to house the refugees/asylum seekers there was only ever going to be 1 course of action the police could take.
Factor in the possibility Clearspring could have initiated litigation against the police for failing to implement the law of the land I think it’s obvious why the police have taken the actions that they did. The police have been caught in the middle as so often is the case.

The cancellation will not go down well at the HO because what’s happened at Stradey could be a catalyst similar action elsewhere.

There is no doubt that the police got it horribly wrong in the first instance, treating the initial wave of peaceful protestors like criminals and animals whilst protecting the business interests of private companies and facilitating their bullying tactics to gain access. Horribly wrong and shameful.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 18:09 - Oct 11 with 1349 viewsshingle

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 21:32 - Oct 10 by majorraglan

Did you not see the drone footage which proved the chief of police was a liar in regards to who caused the flooding, then the chief of security was walking around carrying a knife, yet all this was swept under the carpet by Inspector Ross and his cronies, then you have the evidence provided to them of vehicles owned by the security with no tax, mots, or insurance and defective tyres yet the police did nothing but they did manage to arrest a number of protesters and guess what quite a few of these charges have now been dropped, and worse of all you have a number of police thugs big bully type guys pushing around elderly men and woman and then running away to get reinforcements when a number of young guys confronted them on what they were doing all of this is on film as well.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 01:25 - Oct 12 with 1273 viewsRobbie

Stradey Park Hotel will not now be housing unknown people , well done to the honest protestors , nice one .

A Furnace resident I know , not rent a mob guy , been on the picket line for the entirity .
Well done to him , not been on the tele or other media either .

Spent a lot of time in Turkland , they are a strong Community.

Good luck to the lost staff Felinfoel area too , hope things are on the up .
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 14:43 - Oct 12 with 1190 viewsWingstandwood

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 01:25 - Oct 12 by Robbie

Stradey Park Hotel will not now be housing unknown people , well done to the honest protestors , nice one .

A Furnace resident I know , not rent a mob guy , been on the picket line for the entirity .

And off the bused in counter-protesters outsiders go!

Argus!

Login to get fewer ads

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 14:52 - Oct 12 with 1187 viewsAnotherJohn

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 01:25 - Oct 12 by Robbie

The problem as I see it is that this local "victory" doesn't touch the real issue of the high number of arrivals, who we just don't have space to accommodate in local communities. The government, under huge pressure to meet its treaty obligation to provide appropriate accommodation, then desperately searches around for hotels, vacant military housing, barges and the like, all of which are resisted both by those who feel their communities will be overloaded and those who think the migrants deserve better accommodation. I find the stance of the latter particularly difficult to understand as they seem content with the numbers coming, and wrongly assume that there are sufficient vacant flats or rooms in urban centres to solve the problem.
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 15:03 - Oct 12 with 1173 viewsFlashberryjack

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 14:43 - Oct 12 by Wingstandwood

And off the bused in counter-protesters outsiders go!

Brilliant.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 23:45 - Oct 12 with 1090 viewsBoundy

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:26 - Jun 29 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

It should be illegal to make people redundant only to directly replace them with agency workers who do exactly the same job.

Only if they keep the same job title terms and conditions

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 01:15 - Oct 13 with 1082 viewsRobbie

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 14:52 - Oct 12 by AnotherJohn

The problem as I see it is that this local "victory" doesn't touch the real issue of the high number of arrivals, who we just don't have space to accommodate in local communities. The government, under huge pressure to meet its treaty obligation to provide appropriate accommodation, then desperately searches around for hotels, vacant military housing, barges and the like, all of which are resisted both by those who feel their communities will be overloaded and those who think the migrants deserve better accommodation. I find the stance of the latter particularly difficult to understand as they seem content with the numbers coming, and wrongly assume that there are sufficient vacant flats or rooms in urban centres to solve the problem.

Agree , also the NIMBY ideas , however , in this case , a total mismatch of cultures .
It was a ill thought out choice of a put a plaster on the issue , that will cover it up .

Long term solution and answers to the now ongoing Worldwide movement of migrants , who has the answers , gladly not me .

Looks like this will become a daily problem on our telebox , over 300 thousand running from Palestine , where do they go now .

Not a Victory , but a commonsense result achieved by Scarlet good people , well done .
Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:25 - Oct 13 with 1030 viewstrampie

Will Palestinian refugees be coming here next ?, or are we going to try and keep them out there and give them billions in aid, or ignore them (that is if they have not been wiped out I suppose) when we take in/give aid to other foreign people.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:41 - Oct 13 with 1037 viewsBoundy

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:25 - Oct 13 by trampie

Will Palestinian refugees be coming here next ?, or are we going to try and keep them out there and give them billions in aid, or ignore them (that is if they have not been wiped out I suppose) when we take in/give aid to other foreign people.

We don't need any more freedom fighters ,thanks

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 10:50 - Oct 14 with 965 viewsKeithHaynes

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 15:03 - Oct 12 by Flashberryjack

Brilliant.

That persistent woman’s voice is annoying.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 17:00 - Oct 16 with 818 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:25 - Oct 13 by trampie

Don't think we want any more terrorist coming to this country and blowing people up.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:30 - Oct 17 with 773 viewsonehunglow

Seems the person responsible for latest Brussels shooting also an illegal.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 10:11 - Oct 17 with 740 viewsWingstandwood

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 09:30 - Oct 17 by onehunglow

Seems the person responsible for latest Brussels shooting also an illegal.

Ah, but border control is sooooooo darn 'yesterday' and sooooooo "Nazi” nowadays according to some.

In fact, future logistical planning, assistance and supply, that was once required to be done by the actual terrorists themselves is now being provided absolutely free of charge by the government of the day.

Four star safe house, free internet to order bomb 'recipe' ingredients, new false I.D, Care For Calais encouragement/assistance, free legal advise to avoid deportation etc.....And Bob's your uncle!

And if caught doing something dodgy? Just say that it was “under duress” stuff and claim to be a “victim”. With a nice human rights lawyer ready to try to avoid jail or deportation, or both.

'Infiltration' is not what it once was, that saying "fings ain't what they used to be”. In fact WW2 Special Operations Executive had to parachute into France and hide in the forest and IRA chief of staff 'Slab Murphy' had to use a false passport to travel through European countries to arrange arms shipments.

Nowadays it’s much easier, a case of throw I.D into the sea. And clandestine methods? Who needs that nowadays! Those small boats might as well drop off a few AK 47's whilst they're at it, if you can get 20 people on a boat half a dozen automatic rifles would be no problem under the cover of darkness. Because if I've thought about it, terrorists certainly would have?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 10:13]

Argus!

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 10:23 - Oct 17 with 733 viewsonehunglow

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 10:11 - Oct 17 by Wingstandwood

Ah, but border control is sooooooo darn 'yesterday' and sooooooo "Nazi” nowadays according to some.

In fact, future logistical planning, assistance and supply, that was once required to be done by the actual terrorists themselves is now being provided absolutely free of charge by the government of the day.

Four star safe house, free internet to order bomb 'recipe' ingredients, new false I.D, Care For Calais encouragement/assistance, free legal advise to avoid deportation etc.....And Bob's your uncle!

And if caught doing something dodgy? Just say that it was “under duress” stuff and claim to be a “victim”. With a nice human rights lawyer ready to try to avoid jail or deportation, or both.

'Infiltration' is not what it once was, that saying "fings ain't what they used to be”. In fact WW2 Special Operations Executive had to parachute into France and hide in the forest and IRA chief of staff 'Slab Murphy' had to use a false passport to travel through European countries to arrange arms shipments.

Nowadays it’s much easier, a case of throw I.D into the sea. And clandestine methods? Who needs that nowadays! Those small boats might as well drop off a few AK 47's whilst they're at it, if you can get 20 people on a boat half a dozen automatic rifles would be no problem under the cover of darkness. Because if I've thought about it, terrorists certainly would have?
[Post edited 17 Oct 2023 10:13]

I ll admit to following Jeremy Corbyn on X mainly to remind me of how dangerous he is.
We forget too easily

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 19:04 - Oct 19 with 639 viewsWingstandwood

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/eleven-illegal-workers-arrested-at-central-lo

This despicable practice was seen down here in Parc Fforestfach during the construction process. Romanians doing 18 hour shifts it was there!

Widespread slave labour that affects the poorest paid, private-sector indigenous citizen belonging to U.K society, because it destroys job security and drives wages and conditions down to rock bottom levels.

But for some bizaree reason placard waving UNISON man/woman wants more illegal migrants......Hang on, slave labour does not, and never will affect his/her world now will it?

Argus!

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:19 - Oct 19 with 593 viewsonehunglow

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 19:04 - Oct 19 by Wingstandwood

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/eleven-illegal-workers-arrested-at-central-lo

This despicable practice was seen down here in Parc Fforestfach during the construction process. Romanians doing 18 hour shifts it was there!

Widespread slave labour that affects the poorest paid, private-sector indigenous citizen belonging to U.K society, because it destroys job security and drives wages and conditions down to rock bottom levels.

But for some bizaree reason placard waving UNISON man/woman wants more illegal migrants......Hang on, slave labour does not, and never will affect his/her world now will it?

Why would labour people encourage immigrants to come in only for them to see lower wages
It’s why they voted to leave EU Poles picking cabbages on the banks of the Wash.
Nuts

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:52 - Oct 19 with 583 viewsWingstandwood

Stradey Park Hotel: Ninety-five staff to be made redundant ... on 20:19 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

Why would labour people encourage immigrants to come in only for them to see lower wages
It’s why they voted to leave EU Poles picking cabbages on the banks of the Wash.
Nuts

Indeed! There is an extreme hypocrisy and irony that I find absolutely incredible; I witnessed it on here time and time again especially on Pikey Pauls mega-Brexit thread.

Bizarrely the more WOKE left (some now exiled on another forum) some were? The more ignorant and less knowledgeable, concerned and empathetic they were regarding individuals personal circumstances, when they were barely surviving on the very bottom rung of life's ladder

It was they on the bottom rung, who had to endure disgraceful zero-hour contracts, zero holiday pay, zero overtime pay, zero sick pay, inhuman long hours and abysmal job security.

And that is what gets me about some unions and their members also, along with the party that likes to think itself to be the bona-fide voice of the underprivileged. It was only the GMB union that rebelled against overseas cheap labour exploitation when it was happening down here.

You see at the end of the day it’s the poorest in society that will suffer the most from illegal migration. And that is the sick irony of it all, because it’s worlds away from the job-for-life placard waving comfort-zoned who are extremely desperate for illegal migration by as many millions as possible.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2023 20:53]

Argus!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024