Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 20MPH punishments 08:34 - Aug 3 with 113163 viewsSullutaCreturned

Well the punishment for breaking the limit,

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/police-confirm-how-punish-drivers-

Given how many idiots are on the roads, the delivery drivers under pressure and the actual difficutly in staying below 20 (it is difficult, I do it every week when I go to Cardiff and it's harder than you'd think, specially going downhill) there will be a lot of speeding going on.

The Senedd expect the fire brigade to become a road safety unit, how stupid is that? The fire brigade have their job and it's hard enough for them to do that the way the Senedd behaves.

Then there's the pollution problem, all those cars tootling around in second gear will fill the streets with pollution, it'll rise and rise and the few accidents stopped by this madness will be replaced tenfold and more in the years to come by serious health issues, those with asthma can look out, better buy your respirators now.

I wonder if cancers will also increase?

By the time we have all gone electric, assuming we all do, thousands of lives will be blighted by illness.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:58 - May 17 with 1040 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:25 - May 17 by JACKMANANDBOY

Well if you want to substitute blanket for widescale please go ahead they are still obviously incompetent.

We will have to await the results before we can determine if it's incompetent or not.If lives are saved then it's working.Because some don't like it, it doesn't mean it's incompetent
The 20MPH punishments on 18:14 - May 18 with 977 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 21:58 - May 17 by controversial_jack

We will have to await the results before we can determine if it's incompetent or not.If lives are saved then it's working.Because some don't like it, it doesn't mean it's incompetent

Casualties numbers are already dropping in Wales so the numbers will have to be large to prove anything and over a number of years. In 2022 there were 4,447 road casualties reported by police forces in Wales, an increase of 2% compared to 2021 but a decrease of 24% compared to 2019.
[Post edited 18 May 18:16]

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The 20MPH punishments on 19:04 - May 18 with 946 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Well they have introduced it and then changed their mind!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

The 20MPH punishments on 14:46 - May 19 with 857 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:04 - May 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

No they haven't, there are still many 20 mph stretches
The 20MPH punishments on 06:26 - May 21 with 784 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 19:04 - May 18 by JACKMANANDBOY

Correct it is no longer a blanket 20 mph limit. Councils now have been given permission to reintroduce 30 mph zones where it is safe to do so. Trouble is it will take years to apply it on a road by road basis.

Wonder if they will also remove the silly 50mph limit on the last stretch of the A465 they opened. They spent millions dualling a single carriageway road but kept the 50 mph limit.

Drakeford reason at the time "motorist will not be familiar with a new stretch of road"

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The 20MPH punishments on 08:19 - May 21 with 755 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 06:26 - May 21 by felixstowe_jack

Correct it is no longer a blanket 20 mph limit. Councils now have been given permission to reintroduce 30 mph zones where it is safe to do so. Trouble is it will take years to apply it on a road by road basis.

Wonder if they will also remove the silly 50mph limit on the last stretch of the A465 they opened. They spent millions dualling a single carriageway road but kept the 50 mph limit.

Drakeford reason at the time "motorist will not be familiar with a new stretch of road"

Your 2nd paragraph is slightly incorrect the stretch from Brynmawr down to the start of the pre existing duel carriageway towards Abergavenny was the National speed limit of 60mph ,so in essence they over spent millions upgrading that section only to lower the speed limit.Only under a over controlling welsh labour government.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

The 20MPH punishments on 10:01 - May 21 with 683 viewsonehunglow

Where’s lifey to answer the latest comments.
Has he taken the summer off to slaughter those fish from his boat ?
Fish have feelings

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 10:22 - May 21 with 682 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 10:01 - May 21 by onehunglow

Where’s lifey to answer the latest comments.
Has he taken the summer off to slaughter those fish from his boat ?
Fish have feelings

Gone fishing in West Wales and still to get there, keeping strictly to 20mph all the way.

Login to get fewer ads

The 20MPH punishments on 10:36 - May 21 with 647 viewsonehunglow

The 20MPH punishments on 10:22 - May 21 by Whiterockin

Gone fishing in West Wales and still to get there, keeping strictly to 20mph all the way.

lol.
I was think of popping down to Aberaeron area in August in any Air bnbs available .
I don’t shoving a hook into a living creature and dragging it away from its environment onky to be bashed on the head by a Mallet is particularly edifying. Myself.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The 20MPH punishments on 15:53 - May 21 with 594 viewsDaPs166

Just because there’s a decrease in casualties it doesn’t mean it’s working. As others have pointed out. Correlation doesn’t equal causation.

And if that was the metric for doing anything then Wales should also ban cigarettes, alcohol, crossing the street, boxing, cars, flying, swimming…. The list goes on.
The 20MPH punishments on 16:48 - May 21 with 570 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 15:53 - May 21 by DaPs166

Just because there’s a decrease in casualties it doesn’t mean it’s working. As others have pointed out. Correlation doesn’t equal causation.

And if that was the metric for doing anything then Wales should also ban cigarettes, alcohol, crossing the street, boxing, cars, flying, swimming…. The list goes on.

That's one of the dullest statements I have ever heard.I can't believe you actually posted that.

We have safeguards for alcohol, it's 18 years old and cigs I believe is 21,All of those mentioned have safeguards to make the activities as safe as possible. Boxing is licensed and controlled, we teach ppl to swim and employ lifeguards in most places and flying is strictly controlled

Driving on the roads have all kids of rules and regs, and speed limits are one of them
The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - May 21 with 553 viewsSullutaCreturned

The 20MPH punishments on 15:53 - May 21 by DaPs166

DaPs don't do it. he only wants the reply, he's a WUM and a troll.

He's best ignored.

Take his reponse to your last post, clearly deliberately tken the wrong way to post a stupid answer designed to get you to bite.
The 20MPH punishments on 21:26 - May 21 with 483 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 16:48 - May 21 by controversial_jack

That's one of the dullest statements I have ever heard.I can't believe you actually posted that.

We have safeguards for alcohol, it's 18 years old and cigs I believe is 21,All of those mentioned have safeguards to make the activities as safe as possible. Boxing is licensed and controlled, we teach ppl to swim and employ lifeguards in most places and flying is strictly controlled

Driving on the roads have all kids of rules and regs, and speed limits are one of them

Just for the uneducated , a FOI request to n Wales police has revealed that since September (when the blanket reduction was introduced) to December 2023 there was an increase by two of deaths caused by traffic accidents. .

The 20MPH punishments on 21:37 - May 21 with 481 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

The 20MPH punishments on 21:26 - May 21 by Boundy

Just for the uneducated , a FOI request to n Wales police has revealed that since September (when the blanket reduction was introduced) to December 2023 there was an increase by two of deaths caused by traffic accidents. .

As many have said, poor or careless driving is the main issue here.

The 20MPH punishments on 23:11 - May 21 with 437 viewsDaPs166

The 20MPH punishments on 16:48 - May 21 by controversial_jack

You’re one post away from being muted. You’re such a contrarian knob head it’s untrue. When did I ever say to get rid of all road rules you muppet. Go and suck Putins little Willy ya wally.
The 20MPH punishments on 23:12 - May 21 with 436 viewsDaPs166

The 20MPH punishments on 17:36 - May 21 by SullutaCreturned

DaPs don't do it. he only wants the reply, he's a WUM and a troll.

He's best ignored.

Take his reponse to your last post, clearly deliberately tken the wrong way to post a stupid answer designed to get you to bite.

I know. He’s going on ignored list if he posts one more stupid post. The guys a muppet who needs a slap
The 20MPH punishments on 23:26 - May 21 with 413 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 23:11 - May 21 by DaPs166

You’re one post away from being muted. You’re such a contrarian knob head it’s untrue. When did I ever say to get rid of all road rules you muppet. Go and suck Putins little Willy ya wally.

Wow, he's triggered, as the Yanks would say.

Advocating violence too, tut tut!
[Post edited 21 May 23:28]
The 20MPH punishments on 23:32 - May 21 with 418 viewsBoundy

The 20MPH punishments on 23:26 - May 21 by controversial_jack

I don't think a bitch slap counts as violence, or does it one can never tell these days

The 20MPH punishments on 00:15 - May 22 with 409 viewsDaPs166

The 20MPH punishments on 23:26 - May 21 by controversial_jack

Advocating violence? Making things up again. Ignore list for you.
The 20MPH punishments on 00:31 - May 22 with 395 viewscontroversial_jack

The 20MPH punishments on 00:15 - May 22 by DaPs166

Advocating violence? Making things up again. Ignore list for you.

There it is.

The guys a muppet who needs a slap
The 20MPH punishments on 22:29 - May 22 with 315 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

This will confuse our resident dull idiot.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-petition-calling-20mp

The 20MPH punishments on 08:08 - May 23 with 239 viewsDr_Winston

The 20MPH punishments on 22:29 - May 22 by JACKMANANDBOY

This will confuse our resident dull idiot.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/live-updates-petition-calling-20mp

When even the fanatical Lee "Public transport for the Plebs but not for me" Waters is beginning to back pedal, surely the most ardent defenders of this nonsense will begin to think again?

At every point their excuses and justifications for an idiotic and unnecessary policy have been demonstrated to be nonsense, and now even the architect of the whole scheme is coming about as close as a politician ever does to admitting that he screwed up.

The law should be rescinded, and the costs of doing so recouped from every AM from whatever party who voted for it. By confiscating their pensions if necessary.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 20MPH punishments on 11:19 - May 23 with 183 viewsWhiterockin

The 20MPH punishments on 08:08 - May 23 by Dr_Winston

When even the fanatical Lee "Public transport for the Plebs but not for me" Waters is beginning to back pedal, surely the most ardent defenders of this nonsense will begin to think again?

At every point their excuses and justifications for an idiotic and unnecessary policy have been demonstrated to be nonsense, and now even the architect of the whole scheme is coming about as close as a politician ever does to admitting that he screwed up.

The law should be rescinded, and the costs of doing so recouped from every AM from whatever party who voted for it. By confiscating their pensions if necessary.

£200K from Gething would be a start.

The 20MPH punishments on 14:44 - May 23 with 139 viewsBoundy

I'd like to know how Waters can categorically state that lives have been saved,when in fact deaths have risen in n Wales

The 20MPH punishments on 14:57 - May 23 with 138 viewsBoundy

Repeat please
[Post edited 23 May 15:46]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024