Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited 18:23 - Aug 8 with 8834 viewsKeithHaynes

I’m wondering now is this more about his all round game.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 18:57 - Aug 11 with 1851 viewsshingle

I think his lack of pace is what is putting off any Prem teams coming in for him as there will be doubts whether they would be able to implement him if that is the case lets hope they keep that mindset because he is our star man by a mile. with him staying and these new signings my way of thinking has gone from definitely lower half finish to what would happen IF they did gel.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:13 - Aug 11 with 1805 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 18:48 - Aug 11 by GVJack

If Piroe stays I think Cullen may be sent out on loan to get regular time. Either with a rival championship team (if any suitors) or dropping down to L1 (or Scotland could be an option) .

Duff is incredibly impressed with Cullen, I can’t see him going anywhere. IMO.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:12 - Aug 11 with 1743 viewsGVJack

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:13 - Aug 11 by KeithHaynes

Duff is incredibly impressed with Cullen, I can’t see him going anywhere. IMO.

Glad to hear. Chuffed one of our own is making an impression. But 4 strikers (Cullen, Piroe, Yates and Kuharevich) I can't see him getting the minutes he will desperately need at this stage of his career. Unless one of the new signings have been brought in 'for the future' and get farmed out.

I suspect they are still expecting Piroe to be sold leaving three players scrapping it out for two positions, but if all are expected to be here after the transfer window for the sake of their own playing careers I think something oughta give.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:35 - Aug 11 with 1728 viewsjack247

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:12 - Aug 11 by GVJack

Glad to hear. Chuffed one of our own is making an impression. But 4 strikers (Cullen, Piroe, Yates and Kuharevich) I can't see him getting the minutes he will desperately need at this stage of his career. Unless one of the new signings have been brought in 'for the future' and get farmed out.

I suspect they are still expecting Piroe to be sold leaving three players scrapping it out for two positions, but if all are expected to be here after the transfer window for the sake of their own playing careers I think something oughta give.

I actually think Cullen and Yates playing either side of a big striker would be great. They are also ideal substitutes for each other in a front two. Sprinting to close down defenders and chase lost causes into the corner is going to tire the fittest of players.

But Piroe is the main man. I doubt anyone expected him to stay. If he does, we’re going to have to rethink. There’s Ginelly to factor in as well.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:48 - Aug 11 with 1701 viewsWhiterockin

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:12 - Aug 11 by GVJack

Playing two up front I think you need four strikers in a twenty man match day squad. The change in the substitute rule added to matches now lasting 105 minutes plus make this a necessity.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 23:38 - Aug 11 with 1583 viewsRichardO

If Piroe stays I think Cullen may be sent out on loan to get regular time. Either with a rival championship team (if any suitors) or dropping down to L1 (or Scotland could be an option) .

Cullen has just provided two assists, one in each game, so not too sure as to his standing in Duff's mind, seems to have added a little bit more to his game as he needed to what more can you ask of him, hopefully the standard he has to reach continues to climb meaning the clubs squad is that much better.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 05:57 - Aug 12 with 1521 viewsguthrieintherain

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 23:38 - Aug 11 by RichardO

Cullen has just provided two assists, one in each game, so not too sure as to his standing in Duff's mind, seems to have added a little bit more to his game as he needed to what more can you ask of him, hopefully the standard he has to reach continues to climb meaning the clubs squad is that much better.

Yes for some reason is not rated by a number on here and in general.

Is doing very well for me though made a big difference against Brum when he cane on.

And was pretty decent last season as well

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 06:52 - Aug 12 with 1508 viewsFireboy2

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 05:57 - Aug 12 by guthrieintherain

Is doing very well for me though made a big difference against Brum when he cane on.

Duff has slightly changed the way culllen is playing and that's why he is looking better.
Login to get fewer ads

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 07:23 - Aug 12 with 1491 viewsjack247

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 06:52 - Aug 12 by Fireboy2

Duff has slightly changed the way culllen is playing and that's why he is looking better.

If we do eventually start playing an aggressive pressing game, I can see it suiting Cullen perfectly.

I also see him being the fall guy if we’ve got 5 strikers, 3 of them have just been signed and the other is Piroe.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited (n/t) on 07:25 - Aug 12 with 1489 viewsjackrmee

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:48 - Aug 11 by Whiterockin

Playing two up front I think you need four strikers in a twenty man match day squad. The change in the substitute rule added to matches now lasting 105 minutes plus make this a necessity.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 07:27 - Aug 12 with 1489 viewsjackrmee

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 20:48 - Aug 11 by Whiterockin

Yep. Especially if you want to challenge for promotion in such a strong league this year.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 07:49 - Aug 12 with 1479 viewsjack247

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 05:57 - Aug 12 by guthrieintherain

He’s not rated by some because he’s not the flashy type who is going to get you out of your seat with a bit of flair, or beat three defenders and nutmeg the keeper.

He’s a grafter who will run all day, he’s a very good finisher, although he’s unselfish. Positional sense and runs off the ball are excellent (which much like Routledge, is why he often appears to get easy chances).

Unfortunately, some will always write players like that off as headless chickens who score tap ins.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 07:59 - Aug 12 with 1474 viewsRichardO

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 07:27 - Aug 12 by jackrmee

Yep. Especially if you want to challenge for promotion in such a strong league this year.

Early days yet to tell how strong the league is, the relegated clubs obviously had issues and need to try and get back to winning ways, not as easy as one may presume.
As for the two automatically promoted teams they seem to have hit the ground running building on the impetus of last year but stepping up a level they might not be as consistent. There were some good halves of football by a number of clubs last year but not many could convert one good half into win maybe after CoVid hitting cash flows a lot of squads did not seem to have strength in depth.
Looking to be positive we seem to be building a good quality squad. Shame we couldn't keep Downes last year but we brought in some young player and this year similarly in areas we were short.
Hope we can added to the defensive strength on the Left hand side to have a good go at promotion this year.
Only one league game played so fingers crossed.
[Post edited 12 Aug 2023 8:46]
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 10:29 - Aug 12 with 1358 viewsRichardO

Wouldn't send Cullen out on loan his movement and link up play while coming short for the ball is crisp and precise at times instead of taking that extra touch when not needed and doesn't overdo it like someone I could mention.
Learning when to give the ball instead of trying to be clever in confined spaces, experience gain?
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 10:36 - Aug 12 with 1352 viewsDr_Winston

I still don't think that there's a tremendous amount of quality in Cullen but he has improved a bit from where he was twelve months ago.

He's always been a grafter though so it's not much of a surprise to see him find favour in Duff and his preference for a hard pressing game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him used off the bench quite a bit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 12:12 - Aug 12 with 1296 viewsGVJack

I'm not anti Cullen at all... To the contrary... I want him to play (a lot) to aid his development, at this age he should be getting heavily involved in 30+ matches. I don't want his development to be stiffled by being a bit part player as an impact sub and getting a rare start.

Hope I'm wrong, but can't see him getting the minutes required if the other three strikers remain fit (and Piroe stays).
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 13:18 - Aug 12 with 1247 viewsjack247

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 10:36 - Aug 12 by Dr_Winston

I still don't think that there's a tremendous amount of quality in Cullen but he has improved a bit from where he was twelve months ago.

He's always been a grafter though so it's not much of a surprise to see him find favour in Duff and his preference for a hard pressing game. Wouldn't be surprised to see him used off the bench quite a bit.

Personally I’d keep him, just not sure he’ll play, or at least start as much as he’d like.

Yates looks like the type that is either Connor Roberts level cardio, or will tire later on in ganes, purely due to his work rate.

Very good player to bring on against tiring defenders.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 17:46 - Aug 12 with 1148 viewsKeithHaynes

On todays showing …
Fill in the gaps.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:48 - Aug 12 with 1096 viewsdobjack2

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 17:46 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

On todays showing …
Fill in the gaps.

He's off then
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:49 - Aug 12 with 1090 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:48 - Aug 12 by dobjack2

He's off then

Where I’ve no idea.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:56 - Aug 12 with 1079 viewsdobjack2

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:49 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

Where I’ve no idea.

One of the 3 relegated teams with money to speculate or a Premier league team with forwards that couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo would be my guess. Everton fit into the latter category.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:28 - Aug 12 with 918 viewsKeithHaynes

The preceding five posts have been removed after an apology. Remember adult debate is key, and that’s from either wing.

I’m still sticking with the Aldi special offer post though.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:30 - Aug 12 with 910 viewsKeithHaynes

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 19:56 - Aug 12 by dobjack2

One of the 3 relegated teams with money to speculate or a Premier league team with forwards that couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo would be my guess. Everton fit into the latter category.

Can’t see Everton spending any more.

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:56 - Aug 12 with 887 viewsdobjack2

Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 21:30 - Aug 12 by KeithHaynes

Can’t see Everton spending any more.

I agree; with FFP hanging over them they wouldn't want to spend any more and if they felt they had to get reinforcements they wouldn't want to spend much. However they have real issues in front of goal and can't afford to get relegated with the new stadium.

No doubt all will become clear in the fullness of time.
Piroe transfer opportunities getting more limited on 22:26 - Aug 12 with 860 viewsmajorraglan

With Leeds losing today and drawing last week they may feel the pressure to spend on a striker, also Everton losing their first game doesn’t board well and it may push them in to moving. Leicester solid so far and Southampton not short of goals - they’re problem is elsewhere.

Would Piroe would fancy Everton? Big club and he’d be idolised if he did a good job up there, but it looks like they may well be hovering around the trap door again this season and sooner or later they’ll get caught by it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024