Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rutherglen and Hamilton 13:30 - Oct 5 with 1423 viewsraynor94

By election today, if Labour can't take this seat with the SNP in disarray in doesn't bode well for Starmer at the up coming general election

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 02:18 - Oct 6 with 1356 viewsDJack

beore the election Sir John Curtice said a 10 lead(result) would have Labour "well satisfied""..they got a 24 point lead/win.

Don't cry into your cornflakes.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 05:44 - Oct 6 with 1345 viewsItchySphincter

Tap in.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 09:01 - Oct 6 with 1298 viewsWhiterockin

I take it independence is off the table.
Rutherglen and Hamilton on 09:12 - Oct 6 with 1280 viewsraynor94

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 09:01 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

Hopefully so

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 09:14 - Oct 6 with 1277 viewsBoundy

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 09:01 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

O Nicola what have you done , a 10% swing with a 10k majority I'd say that one of a bloody nose for the SNP ,

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 09:14 - Oct 6 with 1279 viewsWhiterockin

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 09:12 - Oct 6 by raynor94

Hopefully so

I await the words of wisdom from the indies.
Rutherglen and Hamilton on 09:48 - Oct 6 with 1258 viewsBadgeman

Humza Yousaf's plan to frame the next general election as a de facto referendum on independence looks to be imploding spectacularly.

The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is reason.
Poll: Is Huw's position untenable?

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 10:27 - Oct 6 with 1253 viewsonehunglow

Conservatives seem helpless on the ropes

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 10:31 - Oct 6 with 1254 viewsWhiterockin

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 10:27 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

Conservatives seem helpless on the ropes

Justifiably so.
Rutherglen and Hamilton on 10:35 - Oct 6 with 1249 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Hopefully the good people of Scotland have started to see through the odious SNP who will hopefully return to their rightful role as a fringe party full of odd and strange weirdos.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 10:55 - Oct 6 with 1238 viewsonehunglow

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 10:31 - Oct 6 by Whiterockin

Justifiably so.

What strikes me Whitey ,is their sheer insouciance.
I don’t see them as the evil killers many do ,more a party now that seems oblivious to what is going on .
The talk of them being the party of law and order was and is utter twaddle as is the claim they are protecting our borders

Looking at the opposition, I wish I lived in Invercargill .

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 11:23 - Oct 6 with 1224 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

Turnout down to 37% from 67% in last election.

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 12:31 - Oct 6 with 1199 viewsDr_Winston

All Governments have a shelf life. The current one has gone past its by about four years. Probably would have ended in 2019 if Labour hadn't elected Communist Grandpa as leader. Most sensible people by now should be if not hoping for a Labour win, then grudgingly accepting the need for one.

Same in Scotland with the SNP, and in Wales with Labour. Unfortunately the Jocks are more likely to get a change then we are. If Drakeford forces through his Senedd rigging scheme then we're basically condemned to perpetual one party Government on this side of the Severn.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 15:13 - Oct 6 with 1129 viewsonehunglow

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 12:31 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

All Governments have a shelf life. The current one has gone past its by about four years. Probably would have ended in 2019 if Labour hadn't elected Communist Grandpa as leader. Most sensible people by now should be if not hoping for a Labour win, then grudgingly accepting the need for one.

Same in Scotland with the SNP, and in Wales with Labour. Unfortunately the Jocks are more likely to get a change then we are. If Drakeford forces through his Senedd rigging scheme then we're basically condemned to perpetual one party Government on this side of the Severn.

It’s good point Doc.
I’m on the latter category.
I am resigned to see Sir Keir in number 10 and ll it brings.
The sheer neglect and incompetence of the conservatives and the utter lies spouted with that Brexit referendum has killed them off.
Ok Johnno is typical “ posh” lying clown but Cameron and Osbourne ensured I would not vote conservative until they woke up from their torpor.

God help us

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 18:01 - Oct 6 with 1090 viewsmajorraglan

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 10:55 - Oct 6 by onehunglow

What strikes me Whitey ,is their sheer insouciance.
I don’t see them as the evil killers many do ,more a party now that seems oblivious to what is going on .
The talk of them being the party of law and order was and is utter twaddle as is the claim they are protecting our borders

Looking at the opposition, I wish I lived in Invercargill .

Your comment about the talk from Conservatives about them being the party of law and order and protecting our borders is absolutely spot on. Our judicial system from top to bottom, police, courts etc has been savaged and control of our borders, immigration etc is woeful.
Rutherglen and Hamilton on 19:03 - Oct 6 with 1069 viewsAnotherJohn

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 18:01 - Oct 6 by majorraglan

Your comment about the talk from Conservatives about them being the party of law and order and protecting our borders is absolutely spot on. Our judicial system from top to bottom, police, courts etc has been savaged and control of our borders, immigration etc is woeful.

There isn't much doubt that Labour will form the next government. Unfortunately, when it comes to irregular migration, that prospect fills me with trepidation. A Labour victory will simply give more power to those in politics, the NGOs and the judiciary who oppose policies that might limit arrivals. The solution that MR favours - faster processing - won't touch the issue of capacity. We basically have a rising population that is putting unmanageable pressure on infrastructure and services, and may at most be able to remove about 4% of persons denied asylum because of destroyed documents and the unwillingness of source countries to accept returns. I am in favour of the UK's 3 country-specific immigration schemes, but we had over a million arrivals last year (the gross figure is more significant than the net figure when it comes to integration), and if we take in the deserving cases then we have to limit those coming by irregular routes.
Rutherglen and Hamilton on 19:32 - Oct 6 with 1055 viewsonehunglow

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 18:01 - Oct 6 by majorraglan

I often read filth posts aimed my way over the salary increases of Thatcher.
What people fail to realise is that it wasn’t her who instigated them but Edmund Daviies inquiry .
She merely implemented the recommendations
Clever stuff whilst Labour tore each other apart .
Degsy Hatton did ok though ,trust me.

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 14:04 - Oct 8 with 976 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 12:31 - Oct 6 by Dr_Winston

Although I am very much in the “Tories out” camp I am also about a gazillion miles from any camp labelled “Labour in”. The thought of a labour government fills me with nothing but dread and I fear whatever bat shit crazy nonsense they will inevitably impose upon us.

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 14:27 - Oct 8 with 969 viewsonehunglow

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 14:04 - Oct 8 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

Although I am very much in the “Tories out” camp I am also about a gazillion miles from any camp labelled “Labour in”. The thought of a labour government fills me with nothing but dread and I fear whatever bat shit crazy nonsense they will inevitably impose upon us.

They could be worse and even less competent .
The silent hard left is still thorn whereas the Tory right basically haven’t got over is losing India and the Empire.
Angela Raynor , cabinet minister .think on that .

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 14:45 - Oct 8 with 942 viewstrampie

In recent decades (apart from Corbyns time in charge) you would struggle to get a fag paper between Labour and the Conservatives policies, NuLabour being Mrs Thatcher's greatest achievement.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 15:05 - Oct 8 with 922 viewsDr_Winston

I'd fear a Labour Govt led by someone like Corbyn. Starmer? Not so much.

If Johnson has no other positive legacy, smashing the friend of Hamas into the dust in 2019 will do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 16:58 - Oct 8 with 887 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Rutherglen and Hamilton on 15:05 - Oct 8 by Dr_Winston

I'd fear a Labour Govt led by someone like Corbyn. Starmer? Not so much.

If Johnson has no other positive legacy, smashing the friend of Hamas into the dust in 2019 will do.

I think the best scenario for the lot of us is a hung parliament/minority government who can’t pass anything without some sort of compromise/general consensus.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024