Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Departures in the development squad 11:05 - May 13 with 39242 viewskingsburyR

Looks like one huge axe has been wielded!

Our CEO is taking no prisoners this summer!

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/2024/may/13/development-squad-departures/
[Post edited 13 May 11:05]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Departures in the development squad on 16:29 - May 20 with 3083 viewsdannyblue

The intriguing parsing of Nourry speak this time is the word 'both'.

"We both feel that this is the moment for him to forge his own path elsewhere".

This implies Nourry and SDM were the only ones involved in the decision, and no other people - Calm, Cifuentes, Carroll, Hall, Hoos - were really involved.

I'm sure they would be for a first teamer, and this reflects SDM's status outside the main squad.
Departures in the development squad on 16:54 - May 20 with 2966 viewsdmm

Nourry should stop feeling he has to make a public comment every time a player leaves or signs. It's getting a tad irritating now and it's entirely unnecessary.
Departures in the development squad on 16:58 - May 20 with 2929 viewsAntti_Heinola

Departures in the development squad on 16:54 - May 20 by dmm

Nourry should stop feeling he has to make a public comment every time a player leaves or signs. It's getting a tad irritating now and it's entirely unnecessary.

What?
This is the most entertaining thing any club official has ever done. I'm loving it!

Bare bones.

Departures in the development squad on 17:00 - May 20 with 2914 viewsAntti_Heinola

Departures in the development squad on 16:29 - May 20 by dannyblue

This implies Nourry and SDM were the only ones involved in the decision, and no other people - Calm, Cifuentes, Carroll, Hall, Hoos - were really involved.

I'm sure they would be for a first teamer, and this reflects SDM's status outside the main squad.

Just reflects a conversation they had together, don't think it means anyone else's view was not considered?

Bare bones.

Departures in the development squad on 17:03 - May 20 with 2901 viewsPdog

Departures in the development squad on 16:58 - May 20 by Antti_Heinola

What?
This is the most entertaining thing any club official has ever done. I'm loving it!

Me too, a few words out of respect for our not quite good enough fallen soldiers who've at least tried to make it, fine by me. The moment he doesn't drop a comment will now be telling.
Departures in the development squad on 17:12 - May 20 with 2864 viewsdannyblue

Departures in the development squad on 17:00 - May 20 by Antti_Heinola

Just reflects a conversation they had together, don't think it means anyone else's view was not considered?

You’re probably right.
Departures in the development squad on 17:31 - May 20 with 2811 views1JD

Tend to agree. Balancing the job of CEO and DOF is surely time consuming enough without having to think up soundbites and work with marketing for players who have barely made 10 first team appearances.

It’s a question of value and time management, but it’s his call. From my fan perspective, it looks like overkill
Departures in the development squad on 18:50 - May 20 with 2618 viewsbosh67

I quite like his kind of ruthless killer'ism in how he complements the people he's ejecting. I'm very impressed with him so far. He seems to know what he's doing, which feels like a change from many before him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Departures in the development squad on 18:52 - May 20 with 2614 viewsQPROslo

Departures in the development squad on 16:29 - May 20 by dannyblue

Maybe "we both" is Nourry and Marti? If I remember right SDM was in the 1st team squad at the start of the season.
Departures in the development squad on 04:26 - May 21 with 2200 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Said Nourry "Dmm and I both thought it was best for him to take his inquisitive mind elsewhere"...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Departures in the development squad on 05:23 - May 21 with 2146 viewsfraserc

Departures in the development squad on 16:58 - May 20 by Antti_Heinola

What?

Agreed. They have the air of a first term PE report when the teacher barely remembers the pupil.
Departures in the development squad on 08:39 - May 21 with 1951 viewsEsox_Lucius

The club should be taken to task for lack of communication.
The club should be taken to task for communicating.
Paraphrased obviously.

The grass is always greener.

Departures in the development squad on 09:06 - May 21 with 1887 viewsTheChef

Departures in the development squad on 18:50 - May 20 by bosh67

I quite like his kind of ruthless killer'ism in how he complements the people he's ejecting. I'm very impressed with him so far. He seems to know what he's doing, which feels like a change from many before him.

The sociopath qualities that I like to see in a football CEO

Anyway "we" probably refers more to the club as a whole rather than Chrissy himself.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Departures in the development squad on 09:11 - May 21 with 1851 viewsQPR_Jim

Departures in the development squad on 17:31 - May 20 by 1JD

Tend to agree. Balancing the job of CEO and DOF is surely time consuming enough without having to think up soundbites and work with marketing for players who have barely made 10 first team appearances.

It’s a question of value and time management, but it’s his call. From my fan perspective, it looks like overkill

I like to think he sits down with the player in question, spreads a load of cards over the table with stock phrases on it and asks them to pick two they want including in their leaving statement.

SDM- "inquisitive mind sounds good"
Nourry- " are you sure, we've had that recently"
Departures in the development squad on 09:18 - May 21 with 1827 viewsdmm

Departures in the development squad on 08:39 - May 21 by Esox_Lucius

The club should be taken to task for lack of communication.
The club should be taken to task for communicating.
Paraphrased obviously.

So far I like Nourry. He's clearly a much needed breath of fresh air. However, when it comes to communication he seems far keener on communicating relatively unimportant reflections about players leaving the club than informing supporters about players' length of contracts. For me, at least, the latter is far more worth knowing.
Departures in the development squad on 10:35 - May 21 with 1702 viewsfrancisbowles

Departures in the development squad on 17:31 - May 20 by 1JD

It's a very small part of his job and probably just takes a few minutes in the office, in between phone calls and checking and answering emails etc.

It could well be multiplying the number of hits on the website and use of the app, as well as generating more QPR interest on social media.

It's also a nice touch. Who would want to leave a job without your boss saying nice things about you.
Departures in the development squad on 10:44 - May 21 with 1657 viewsWegerles_Stairs

He should start getting song titles into the testimonials, like the England players did in interviews at Euro 96.
Departures in the development squad on 10:57 - May 21 with 1602 viewsBoston

Departures in the development squad on 04:26 - May 21 by BrianMcCarthy

Said Nourry "Dmm and I both thought it was best for him to take his inquisitive mind elsewhere"...

DMM and SDM - we need to know more?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Departures in the development squad on 11:11 - May 21 with 1532 viewsAntti_Heinola

Departures in the development squad on 05:23 - May 21 by fraserc

Agreed. They have the air of a first term PE report when the teacher barely remembers the pupil.

I remember once at secondary school we stole a look at Mr Hayler, the CDT teacher's register which had all our grades.
Everyone had the same grades, started with Cs and 3s for effort, then moved up by the end to As and 1s for effort. Ironic, because he clearly put f all effort in himself.

Bare bones.

Departures in the development squad on 11:13 - May 21 with 1526 viewsNorthernr

The comments are a bit ridiculous, and I still think he's doing it as a bet with somebody. We've had two inquisitive minds leave in a week, will we be inquisitive enough next year?

But the overall strategy of giving players a proper official farewell I quite like. I think at times in the past we've come across a bit bitter and snipey when players who gave good service have left - Luongo springs to mind as one.
Departures in the development squad on 11:13 - May 21 with 1521 viewsdmm

Departures in the development squad on 10:57 - May 21 by Boston

DMM and SDM - we need to know more?

Departures in the development squad on 12:20 - May 21 with 1394 viewsEsox_Lucius

Departures in the development squad on 10:44 - May 21 by Wegerles_Stairs

He should start getting song titles into the testimonials, like the England players did in interviews at Euro 96.

Did Elvis ever record "Inquisitive Minds"?

The grass is always greener.

Departures in the development squad on 12:34 - May 21 with 1350 viewsHoopsie

Departures in the development squad on 11:13 - May 21 by Northernr

The comments are a bit ridiculous, and I still think he's doing it as a bet with somebody. We've had two inquisitive minds leave in a week, will we be inquisitive enough next year?

But the overall strategy of giving players a proper official farewell I quite like. I think at times in the past we've come across a bit bitter and snipey when players who gave good service have left - Luongo springs to mind as one.

Quite agree

The club has signed off first team players one at a time. Adomah, Kakay, Drewe, Dozzell, Archer, SDM - though not really paying attention to what he had to say about each of them, rather noting that there is a proper farewell if I can put it that way. Due respect to players who had represented the club albeit they are deemed “not good enough”, “surplus to requirements”, “past used by date” etc

There will be more to come in the following weeks

Also, those who have had their contracts extended are being in focused one at a time. These include players from the development squad.

You may not agree with how the club is doing it, but having the COE coming out and saying something is probably better than doing nothing, I suppose.

Poll: Who will follow Rotherham and Huddersfield to League One?

Departures in the development squad on 12:42 - May 21 with 1295 viewsslmrstid

They should get the deck of Cards Against Humanity out and just say whatever that spits out.
Departures in the development squad on 12:54 - May 21 with 1218 viewsBoston

Departures in the development squad on 12:42 - May 21 by slmrstid

They should get the deck of Cards Against Humanity out and just say whatever that spits out.

Is there more than two Jokers in that pack?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024