|Queens Park Rangers 0 v 2 West Bromwich Albion|
Saturday, 28th September 2019 Kick-off 12:30
|Geoff78 added 23:26 - Sep 28|
- Rs off the pace from the start and never looked comfortable
- Failed to press WBA's defence or midfield
- Too many sloppy passes, giving ball away needlessly
- Lumley's distribution even worse than usual, but partially redeemed himself with some smart saves
- Barbet cannot play with just 1 central defender alongside; 2 penalties + 1 red card the evidence
- Unusually Warburton was slow to make changes when it was clear we were being overrun and needed more beef in midfield, Chair + Eze just not robust enough against this class of opposition
- Far too often Rs lost out in 1:1 challenges; WBA pressed + tackled much better; the team need intensive sessions on how to tackle/resist challenges
- Ref was awful - 21:10 foul count bizarre in a clean game; Rs got almost nothing from him, although when we did win a decision we usually wasted it
- Albion were good without being over-impressive; look certs for promotion
- Perhaps this defeat is helpful to bring us back down to earth after that winning run - but there's still a lot of potential in this team
- Best players today were Leistner + Chair
BrusselsHoop added 14:45 - Sep 29
Second half we had a good first couple of minutes but then the midfield just melted away and West Brom looked more and more dangerous.
From where I was sitting bot goals looked saveable!
To be fair Lumley did make a couple of decent saves but I thought he looked very nervy.
Lazarus added 15:42 - Sep 29
You need to log in to participate in Your Report