Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stay or Go, Ollie? 08:31 - Feb 4 with 7258 viewsdavman

So, before yesterday, I was resigned to having no choice that Ollie had to stay, but that dirge yesterday has finally persuaded me that change is needed.

Not now, you understand, but at the end of the season. If Ollie gets us to the clear out point still in this division, he'll have done a great job, but it should then be, "thanks, Ian, but it's time for you to go".

Something has to change with that playing squad, because they are clearly not as bad as they have been playing and, if we can find someone to take our basket case on, we should give them a chance.

Just get us over that bloody survival line asap!

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Stay or Go, Ollie? on 09:34 - Feb 5 with 1103 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Stay or Go, Ollie? on 08:20 - Feb 5 by davman

The thing is, genuinely, this has the potential to be the grimmest of the grim.

Remember last time we spent a few seasons slipping down and quietly went into Administration and needed a £10m loan from an international loan shark to keep us in business? Remember how £10m was seen as the end of the world? Although this lot have "written off" £250m, do you think they will sell the club for £10m and walk away? I doubt it.

So that is why we need to worry about next season and the season after that. That "debt" means that we can do no more this time than sit back and hope that this lot turn it around as there is no other solution out there...

Well actually the last time we were a middling Championship side was 2005 to 2010. Crowds were pretty much on a par with what they are now. It was even grimmer than the grimmest of the grim and was followed by a promotion and new owners and Joey Barton.

As long as we stay up (and even if we don't) we've got an important summer coming up. If we get it right there's a chance we could improve. If we get it wrong we might struggle. It's what supporting a club like QPR is about I'm afraid.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Stay or Go, Holloway? on 09:46 - Feb 5 with 1087 viewsSomersetHoops

Stay or Go, Ollie? on 13:36 - Feb 4 by daveB

not really I just think the squad is one that should finish between 10th and 16th in the championship and thats around where we have been for most of the season.

I think the squad needs to be improved but doesn't need replacing entirely. if a new manager came in tomorrow I don't see him finishing higher than 10th - 16th this season so for me would be a pointless change. The summer is a different thing, I do think we have an opportunity to improve the squad and be looking at moving up the table so club need to decide if Holloway is the man to do that or not, I think he'll need to show a lot more to be given that opportunity over the next few months but it's something he could do.

The thing is who would come to QPR. Its normal for anyone who wants the job to finish up being not good enough. With all his faults Holloway has commitment to QPR a quality nobody else out there has. OK lets face it we've tried changing managers soon after they've joined and it hasn't worked for years, how about going for a bit of stability and seeing if that works for once.

Ollie has been hampered for success by being restricted in bringing in talent which I'm sure he recognizes that we need as well as anyone. When it comes to the summer we now should have a scouting team, CEO and DOF who will be heavily involved in who comes in as much if not more than the manager, whoever the manager is, provided they get it right, he should start next season with a significantly improved squad and I think I would like to give Holloway a fair chance of managing that improved squad.

Despite significant injuries and a few errors possibly due to lack of skill or experience we don't seem to have the can't be bothered attitude of our players seen under a number of previous managers. Holloway does seem to be motivating what we have. Even people that want Holloway out recognize that he will have fulfilled his brief if he keeps us safe while offloading surplus overpaid,under-performing superstars brought in before his time and perhaps for that he deserves a go with what I hope next season will be a decent squad.

Who's Next?

Stay or Go, Holloway? on 12:35 - Feb 5 with 1006 viewsNortholt_Rs

Stay or Go, Holloway? on 09:46 - Feb 5 by SomersetHoops

The thing is who would come to QPR. Its normal for anyone who wants the job to finish up being not good enough. With all his faults Holloway has commitment to QPR a quality nobody else out there has. OK lets face it we've tried changing managers soon after they've joined and it hasn't worked for years, how about going for a bit of stability and seeing if that works for once.

Ollie has been hampered for success by being restricted in bringing in talent which I'm sure he recognizes that we need as well as anyone. When it comes to the summer we now should have a scouting team, CEO and DOF who will be heavily involved in who comes in as much if not more than the manager, whoever the manager is, provided they get it right, he should start next season with a significantly improved squad and I think I would like to give Holloway a fair chance of managing that improved squad.

Despite significant injuries and a few errors possibly due to lack of skill or experience we don't seem to have the can't be bothered attitude of our players seen under a number of previous managers. Holloway does seem to be motivating what we have. Even people that want Holloway out recognize that he will have fulfilled his brief if he keeps us safe while offloading surplus overpaid,under-performing superstars brought in before his time and perhaps for that he deserves a go with what I hope next season will be a decent squad.

But he wasn’t brought in ‘to keep us safe’ was he? JFH was replaced because LF said we should be challenging for the play off spots if I remember correctly....in which case Holloway has so far been a dismal failure. The lack of fire power in the team is never going to be able to realise that goal but even so most of the Rs fans I know think this side should be doing a lot better than it has done for the last two seasons. It’s been pretty miserable under IH.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2018 12:37]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024