Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fans' Forum with Sadler 11:58 - Jun 27 with 5199 viewsspell_chekker

Some good news that we've all been waiting for and very pleasing that we've all been treated equally with the news being released the correct way, on the club's website -

Fans' Forum With New Owner On Monday

Simon Sadler To Meet Broad Cross-Section of Fan Base

Blackpool FC is to hold a ‘Meet The Owner’ Fans' Forum on Monday (1st July).

New owner Simon Sadler will be at Blackpool FC next week and has indicated he would like to meet with a broad cross-section of the fan base in order to start building a relationship with supporters.

The event, which is by invitation only, is intended to allow for an exchange of information and aspirations between Simon and fans as the club enters into this new phase.

In order to make the discussion as productive as possible, the number of attendees will be restricted to 80.

A quarter of the places will be offered equally to committee members of the main fans’ organisations BSA, BST, MSG, TKs, BASIL, Yorkshire Seasiders and Leyland and Chorley Seasiders.

The majority of places will be open for allocation to the wider fan base, by application to the new Supporters’ Liaison Officer.

If the event is over-subscribed, there will be a random draw to help decide on those in attendance, cross-referenced to the attendance list from the March Fans’ Forum to give priority to those who did not attend the earlier forum.

The Fans' Forum will be held on Monday at Bloomfield Road in Rowley’s, arrival from 6.30pm for a prompt 7.00pm start.

When emailing to apply for one of the 60 open places, please answer all of the following:

1) The two questions you would most like to ask Simon Sadler:
2) Your Age:
3) Supporters' Group Affiliations (if any):
4) 2019/20 Season Ticket holder Y/N (block if applicable):
5) Corporate user (ie lounge/1953) Y/N:
6) Fylde Coast based or Exile:

The personal information above is being sought for demographic purposes only.

The two questions for Simon will be used to help shape the agenda even if you are not able to attend the event.

Please register your interest and send answers to slo@blackpoolfc.co.uk by 5pm tomorrow (Friday 28th June).

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:31 - Jul 2 with 466 viewsjanegallagher

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:29 - Jul 2 by Lala

Well he’s at mine for afternoon tea later

Just taking scones out the oven. He’s calling here first with Brett

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:33 - Jul 2 with 461 viewsspell_chekker

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:31 - Jul 2 by janegallagher

Just taking scones out the oven. He’s calling here first with Brett

Brett will have to change his name.

I'm getting too confused with Super Brett.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:34 - Jul 2 with 458 viewsjanegallagher

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:33 - Jul 2 by spell_chekker

Brett will have to change his name.

I'm getting too confused with Super Brett.

Anyone know if he’s related to Kevin brother perhaps ?

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:42 - Jul 3 with 428 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 14:34 - Jul 2 by janegallagher

Anyone know if he’s related to Kevin brother perhaps ?

I promised an update.

It was a good meeting. All the Board were there, as was Steve Rowland wearing his SLO hat and Tim was there in the background too.

Plenty of varied questions, got varyingly full answers. Main impressions :

SS was careful not to make extravagant promises

But clearly has ambitions not only in terms of results but for the culture/infrastructure of the club

BH and MB both pitched a bit for a permanent role but made it clear it is SS's call

He likes the Director of Football model (hallelujah). We will get an Assistant Manager soon.

Eight figure sum available for investment, but infrastructure (new training ground, academy, stadium refurbishment) will take a fair bit of it

Mentioned 3-4 signings needed

Overall feeling, very upbeat, he is still pinching himself. intends to try to get to 25 games this season if he can.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:48 - Jul 3 with 423 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:42 - Jul 3 by basilrobbiereborn

I promised an update.

It was a good meeting. All the Board were there, as was Steve Rowland wearing his SLO hat and Tim was there in the background too.

Plenty of varied questions, got varyingly full answers. Main impressions :

SS was careful not to make extravagant promises

But clearly has ambitions not only in terms of results but for the culture/infrastructure of the club

BH and MB both pitched a bit for a permanent role but made it clear it is SS's call

He likes the Director of Football model (hallelujah). We will get an Assistant Manager soon.

Eight figure sum available for investment, but infrastructure (new training ground, academy, stadium refurbishment) will take a fair bit of it

Mentioned 3-4 signings needed

Overall feeling, very upbeat, he is still pinching himself. intends to try to get to 25 games this season if he can.

BRR

Cheers for that.

I'm another one who's in favour of a DoF, especially with his plans for a proper training academy.

Joined up thinking, with a short/medium/long term plan, after all these years & years of fairy stories, I'm quite giddy.

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:55 - Jul 3 with 415 viewsspell_chekker

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:48 - Jul 3 by BringBackTheRedRoom

BRR

Cheers for that.

I'm another one who's in favour of a DoF, especially with his plans for a proper training academy.

Joined up thinking, with a short/medium/long term plan, after all these years & years of fairy stories, I'm quite giddy.

Does a DoF means that all teams from the children down to the youth team are singing from the same hymn sheet?

Does he have further influence on things like formation, style of play, signings, etc?

As far as I can see, problems have arisen at other clubs when, instead of coordinating, the DoF is a Billy Big Boots who wants the last word on everything.

A delicate situation. Finding and choosing the right man.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:57 - Jul 3 with 413 viewsspell_chekker

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:55 - Jul 3 by spell_chekker

Does a DoF means that all teams from the children down to the youth team are singing from the same hymn sheet?

Does he have further influence on things like formation, style of play, signings, etc?

As far as I can see, problems have arisen at other clubs when, instead of coordinating, the DoF is a Billy Big Boots who wants the last word on everything.

A delicate situation. Finding and choosing the right man.

From what I saw in the interviews, Sadler will make considered judgement on progress made and not necessarily results.

He seems to know what he wants and, while being a nice guy, won't shy away from a tough decision.

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 19:01 - Jul 3 with 409 viewsLala

Fans' Forum with Sadler on 18:57 - Jul 3 by spell_chekker

From what I saw in the interviews, Sadler will make considered judgement on progress made and not necessarily results.

He seems to know what he wants and, while being a nice guy, won't shy away from a tough decision.

Thanks Robbie 👍

Extravagant promises would have worried me. We need long term investment and a steady improvement in the on pitch results.

If you can be as successful in your career as SS, with good men around him I’m certain he’ll make some prudent decisions that benefit the club in the long term not just in the now.

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024