Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Music Southampton have run out to 11:47 - Apr 3 with 3604 viewsjoeheadland

Good morning everyone,

I hope this okay to post here, moderators please move or delete if you need to.

I’m part of a team at the University of Sheffield, who are currently investigating the music that football teams have run or walked out of the tunnel to over the years.

We understand that over recent years Southampton have left the tunnel to versions of ‘The Saints Are Coming’ by either the Skids or US & Green Day. However, we wondered if any fans can remember what came before?
We are after the title of the song, the artist who recorded it, and for which seasons Southampton ran out to this. Any help you can give us to piece together the different songs that your club has run out to would be hugely appreciated.

If you have any personal anecdotes around the reasons for the songs being used, or the changes between them, that would also be fantastic.

I should also add that we are not interested in goal music, or a song that is played at the final whistle, but just the song that is on the tannoy system as the players enter the field.

If you think someone else may be able to help, or you have any questions, please let us know! We would be very happy to discuss the project.

Cheers
Music Southampton have run out to on 17:29 - Apr 4 with 524 viewsbigrob68

Music Southampton have run out to on 11:54 - Apr 4 by 130yrs_and_one_Cup

Another song about for club, very emotional this one

What a strange chap you are, think you should wait until your club has a music system before you comment on teams that have.

Poll: season ticket holders

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024