Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Sour Grapes" Austin 10:19 - May 20 with 1465 viewsBerber

At it again. It always turned my stomach when the faithful sang "He's one of our own." He's wasted most of his career after a brilliant start, and hasn't succeeded anywhere after QPR. Clearly didn't like being called out for his half hearted approach before being kicked out here.
"Sour Grapes" Austin on 10:31 - May 20 with 1447 viewsUlsterBaz

I haven’t got a problem with him. He got plenty of flak from fans on social media & gave it back a bit. As for the comments on Ralph this week he’s absolutely right, he should be under a bit of pressure. Although I mainly point the finger at Gao for our current failings, neither Ralph nor the players should be exempt from criticism. (And I’m a fan of the manager.) We’ve been absolutely dreadful for months.
"Sour Grapes" Austin on 10:52 - May 20 with 1415 viewsBerber

"Sour Grapes" Austin on 10:31 - May 20 by UlsterBaz

I haven’t got a problem with him. He got plenty of flak from fans on social media & gave it back a bit. As for the comments on Ralph this week he’s absolutely right, he should be under a bit of pressure. Although I mainly point the finger at Gao for our current failings, neither Ralph nor the players should be exempt from criticism. (And I’m a fan of the manager.) We’ve been absolutely dreadful for months.

Fair points, I know he was liked more by other fans.
"Sour Grapes" Austin on 11:12 - May 20 with 1383 viewsBicester_North

"Sour Grapes" Austin on 10:31 - May 20 by UlsterBaz

To say our whole fanbase is shit just because he was getting stuck from a few on social media is bad form. He got plenty of support whilst here.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

"Sour Grapes" Austin on 12:01 - May 20 with 1316 viewsDorsetIan

Austin's always been a bit of a tit but his you couldn't fault his enthusiasm when he was at Saints.

We could do with a few more now like that now. So many of them are always so serious and with faces like their arses. Don't think I've seen Diallo smile once yet.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

"Sour Grapes" Austin on 12:46 - May 20 with 1273 viewsTimSaint

When I have heard him on the radio, he always has good points and argues them well - especially when it comes to VAR, Ings (he likes him), England etc.

Because he left Saints and perhaps due to the way he was treated / told to leave, he feels entitled to have a little pop at the club and fans alike with the odd comment here and there.

To be honest, I'm fine with that. He was quite good for us, but I could see why we shipped him out and the timing was right for us, if not for him.

He obviously isn't fit enough at his age, to do the required graft in the Prem, so I can fully see why Fat Sam loaned him to his 'spiritual home', where he is the main man once again - at least in the dressing room banter stakes !! I expect him to join QPR permanently on a free this summer.

TimSaint

"Sour Grapes" Austin on 18:00 - May 20 with 1025 viewsNYC_Saint

If he was born a 15 - 20 years earlier he would’ve been one of the top strikers with some bulk to throw around and a great finish. He’s obviously happy with his lot and has had a decent enough career plus he gets to go horse racing whenever he wants.

I thought he did well for Saints in patches scoring against Utd on his first appearance and getting the winner against Arsenal that I think was RH’s first win and started us on our way to safety that season. When trying to start a media career no one seems to get ahead by praising people or teams; it’s always those that want to pick out mistakes and start rivalries that seem to make it. He’s probably aggrieved at the way he left for the championship and his media agent telling him to make some keyboard warrior enemies to make him more employable when he hangs up his boots.
"Sour Grapes" Austin on 10:18 - May 21 with 779 viewsinthebox

"Sour Grapes" Austin on 18:00 - May 20 by NYC_Saint

If he was born a 15 - 20 years earlier he would’ve been one of the top strikers with some bulk to throw around and a great finish. He’s obviously happy with his lot and has had a decent enough career plus he gets to go horse racing whenever he wants.

I thought he did well for Saints in patches scoring against Utd on his first appearance and getting the winner against Arsenal that I think was RH’s first win and started us on our way to safety that season. When trying to start a media career no one seems to get ahead by praising people or teams; it’s always those that want to pick out mistakes and start rivalries that seem to make it. He’s probably aggrieved at the way he left for the championship and his media agent telling him to make some keyboard warrior enemies to make him more employable when he hangs up his boots.

He would have been advised to dish the dirt and have a dig up ancient annimosities as does big Roy once of Manure. As the song goes show business is show business.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024