Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Abuse and Death Threats 14:10 - Jun 2 with 811 viewsBerber

This article shows the complications of policing social media. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-57326901

The behaviour, is of course, despicable, but trying to police these things means you have to be able to access and control account information. Doing that is tantamount to police state behaviours, and cross border, who actually is responsible for pursuing it, and where?. If famous people restricted their account to know friends and families, the main platform for this kind of abuse is drastically reduced. Of course, vanity will preclude that.

I am not saying they get what they deserve, but they are laying themselves open to this kind of sick abuse.
Abuse and Death Threats on 18:38 - Jun 2 with 750 viewsSadoldgit

If someone allegedly breaks the law then I see no reason for social media platforms to hand over their information to the police so that they can be charged and go through the same process that we all face if we abuse someone on the street.
Abuse and Death Threats on 19:15 - Jun 2 with 728 viewsdwayne_dibley

ever wondered how many Super Injunctions are actually in force?

How many have I violated by merely asking?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Abuse and Death Threats on 05:25 - Jun 3 with 647 viewsBerber

Abuse and Death Threats on 18:38 - Jun 2 by Sadoldgit

If someone allegedly breaks the law then I see no reason for social media platforms to hand over their information to the police so that they can be charged and go through the same process that we all face if we abuse someone on the street.

It would be great if the police could/would act in every case. They could start with complaints made against policemen couldn't they?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024