Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worst injury watching football 14:02 - Oct 5 with 1492 viewsNumber_58

Given Nick's broken rib at Stamford Bridge I was wondering what sort of injuries people have sustained whilst watching Saints. Fortunately my only wound was a cut on the head from a roof beam whilst jumping up to celebrate an Adam Lallana goal at West Brom. I know of one lightweight who spent the best part of a whole game against Everton in the medical room with a headache.
Worst injury watching football on 14:16 - Oct 5 with 1465 viewsallsaint

A few hangovers but I don't know if they qualify as an injury.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2021 14:17]

The meat’s the same, the gravy’s different

Worst injury watching football on 14:23 - Oct 5 with 1432 viewsSadoldgit

Again, it doesn’t qualify as an injury, but the lapel of my leather coat was ripped off by a kid just before the wall collapsed at Orient during our 1-1 draw in the promotion season many years ago. Sadly the coat didn’t recover from its injury.
Worst injury watching football on 14:34 - Oct 5 with 1426 viewsgrumpy

At the Dell , big crowd and I was under the West Stand trying to leave after the game and I ducked down under a crush barrier, I was pushed to the ground. It went very dark with the weight of the crowd all around me, I was in grave danger of suffocating until someone pulled me up by the collar. That guy saved my life that day
Worst injury watching football on 14:50 - Oct 5 with 1396 viewsSadoldgit

Worst injury watching football on 14:34 - Oct 5 by grumpy

At the Dell , big crowd and I was under the West Stand trying to leave after the game and I ducked down under a crush barrier, I was pushed to the ground. It went very dark with the weight of the crowd all around me, I was in grave danger of suffocating until someone pulled me up by the collar. That guy saved my life that day

Scary! Although I made light of the injury to my coat, I was pressed up against the wall as the crowd surged forward. All of us at the front were being crushed. Somehow I was catapulted out of the crowd onto the running track. A WPC tried to get me back into the crowd but I said there was no way I was getting back in there. The next second the wall collapsed and everyone at the front went with it. How no one was seriously injured I will never know. The final whistle blew at that point and I remember walking off the pitch with the players. I was a very lucky man that night.
Worst injury watching football on 16:08 - Oct 5 with 1348 viewsdirk_doone

Worst injury watching football on 14:50 - Oct 5 by Sadoldgit

Scary! Although I made light of the injury to my coat, I was pressed up against the wall as the crowd surged forward. All of us at the front were being crushed. Somehow I was catapulted out of the crowd onto the running track. A WPC tried to get me back into the crowd but I said there was no way I was getting back in there. The next second the wall collapsed and everyone at the front went with it. How no one was seriously injured I will never know. The final whistle blew at that point and I remember walking off the pitch with the players. I was a very lucky man that night.

I once got a very bad crick in the neck watching Burnley.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Worst injury watching football on 17:52 - Oct 5 with 1292 viewsWints76

Went to Liverpool for the weekend for my 20th birthday in 93/4. On the Sunday morning, I went to get in the side door of the minibus to pull myself in and my mate slammed the door on my fingers. Took the nails off my left hand and they were in a bit of a mess. Had to go to hospital in Liverpool where I was in such pain that I couldn't appreciate a man coming in with a biro sticking out of his head and my mates and the scousers asking him 'what's wrong?' or the bloke that had been in a house fire and got welded in his arm chair. People slaughtered him.

Have a phobia about finger and toe nails to this day and had to take a moment typing this.
Worst injury watching football on 18:42 - Oct 5 with 1263 views1885_SFC

I remember the very first game at St Marys after is was completed. A couple of female streakers ran on the pitch - one of them very buxom, well endowed and attractive.

I had a wrist injury every day for a week afterwards - if that counts?

Old School is Cool

Worst injury watching football on 18:51 - Oct 5 with 1255 viewsinthebox

knocked clean out as acting linesman during a Dorset schools game Seldown v Poole Grammar 1970 something
Login to get fewer ads

Worst injury watching football on 10:56 - Oct 6 with 1079 viewsSonicBoom

I had a cut over my right eye when I was in the Northam last time we played Pompey. Some prat to my right decided to throw a coin at the Pompey lot and didn't make it, it hit me.
Worst injury watching football on 12:43 - Oct 6 with 1034 viewsTimSaint

As a kid, I remember looking round a Sports complex somewhere local and wanted to watch a 5-a-side game that was taking place. I stood too close, got the ball full on in the face and had a nose bleed for the next half an hour !!

I remember going to Luton away in the cup, around 89 or 90, when away fans were banned from the league games, but allowed on the terrace for cup games. (We drew 1-1 with Cockerill scoring for us).
Anyway, the Saints fans were getting the atmosphere going and this guy stood on one of the big metal control barriers on the terrace and dictated a song or 2. He then decided to fall backwards, blindly into the fans behind and below him, almost like a stage dive - only most fans saw him falling back and decided to move out of the way !! He looked bloodied, concussed and in a bad way, but who knows the reality of his injuries !!
I think a good few others sustained injury that night, as there were loads of 'incidents' on the way back to the station.

TimSaint

Worst injury watching football on 14:27 - Oct 6 with 985 viewsNumber_58

Worst injury watching football on 10:56 - Oct 6 by SonicBoom

I had a cut over my right eye when I was in the Northam last time we played Pompey. Some prat to my right decided to throw a coin at the Pompey lot and didn't make it, it hit me.

Alas, there's often friendly fire incidents in time of war.
Worst injury watching football on 14:55 - Oct 6 with 971 viewsSalisburySaint

Worst injury watching football on 18:51 - Oct 5 by inthebox

knocked clean out as acting linesman during a Dorset schools game Seldown v Poole Grammar 1970 something

I was knocked out after being hit by a Malcolm MacDonald wayward shot in warm up for game, when stood on the Milton early 70's
Worst injury watching football on 20:19 - Oct 6 with 898 viewsBicester_North

Got stung by a wasp at Oldham away, the Benali Middle Eastern tribute day

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024