Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stupid offside law 22:12 - Oct 10 with 1614 viewspjt50

Don't know if anybody watched France's Nations League win, but the law that allowed the winning goal is plain stupid.

Hernandez played a ball through to Mbappe who scored but was clearly in an offside position. Garcia had tried to cut out the through ball & got the faintest of touches. Because he was deemed to have deliberately played the ball, the goal stood.

I don't think anybody who watched the game would think that shouldn't count as offside. It's bad enough having rubbish referees without having rubbish laws too.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2021 22:13]

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Stupid offside law on 08:14 - Oct 11 with 1479 viewsSadoldgit

I didn’t see it, but surely the point at which he is offside is when the ball is played forward from the attacking player? If a defender subsequently gets a touch it doesn’t matter. Have they changed the rule then?
Stupid offside law on 08:58 - Oct 11 with 1455 viewsUlsterBaz

The law is ridiculous. A bit more on it here.
Stupid offside law on 12:02 - Oct 11 with 1380 viewsElijahK

But those ref’s aren’t rubbish as they’re just doing their jobs and obeying the LOTG, as in reality only mike dean, john moss and maybe nigel adkinson shouldn’t be PL referees

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Stupid offside law on 12:10 - Oct 11 with 1374 viewspjt50

Stupid offside law on 08:14 - Oct 11 by Sadoldgit

I didn’t see it, but surely the point at which he is offside is when the ball is played forward from the attacking player? If a defender subsequently gets a touch it doesn’t matter. Have they changed the rule then?

The argument is that he's not active until the ball reaches him. Although if he hadn't been there I doubt if Garcia would have gone for the ball.

It's a bit like that one at Anfield a couple of seasons ago when Harry Kane came from an offside position after Lovren mis-controlled the ball (although that one was quite funny to be fair).

Poll: Where do you hope to see Salisu start (OK, I know we haven't seen him yet)?

Stupid offside law on 12:37 - Oct 11 with 1363 viewsdirk_doone

Stupid offside law on 12:02 - Oct 11 by ElijahK

But those ref’s aren’t rubbish as they’re just doing their jobs and obeying the LOTG, as in reality only mike dean, john moss and maybe nigel adkinson shouldn’t be PL referees

If that situation had arisen when Mike Dean was on VAR for one of our games, his response would have been clear and decisive: it would have been offside if it was our goal and not offside if it was the opposition's.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2021 12:38]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Stupid offside law on 13:58 - Oct 11 with 1334 viewsSadoldgit

Stupid offside law on 12:10 - Oct 11 by pjt50

The argument is that he's not active until the ball reaches him. Although if he hadn't been there I doubt if Garcia would have gone for the ball.

It's a bit like that one at Anfield a couple of seasons ago when Harry Kane came from an offside position after Lovren mis-controlled the ball (although that one was quite funny to be fair).

Crazy! As an old famous manager once said “If he isn’t interfering with play, what is he doing on the pitch?” Forget active or inactive, the player has gained an advantage by being in an offside position from a pass originating from a team mate. Makes no sense.
Stupid offside law on 22:04 - Oct 11 with 1267 viewskernow

Cracking , high quality football match. As a neutral, slight disappointment that it was decided under controversy.
Thought the player was offside all night long.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024