Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superb Saints 08:32 - Feb 20 with 1638 views1teeminants

The best they’ve played for years they look so confident and so consistent now too. All the players are giving 100 % commitment .Oriel Romeu is an absolute beast of a player, his best game in a Saints shirt was yesterday I think .

They must keep going and finish the season strong.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2022 8:47]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Superb Saints on 08:36 - Feb 20 with 1617 viewssaint22

agreed and hopefully Ralph will be backed this summer to kick us on to europe next season
Superb Saints on 08:46 - Feb 20 with 1593 views1teeminants

Superb Saints on 08:36 - Feb 20 by saint22

agreed and hopefully Ralph will be backed this summer to kick us on to europe next season

I was buzzing in the pub last night as was everyone else . Brilliant.

Superb Saints on 09:21 - Feb 20 with 1481 viewsA1079

Agree 1teem. I admit I am a pessimist when it comes to my team and I always have that fear that at some point it will come to a shuddering halt but right now I am enjoying it.

I was going to start a thread on Romeu but effectively you have. What a player he has been for Southampton FC. He has been a consummate professional throughout his time with us and ok, he has been prone to some silly bookings, cards etc and occasionally they have been costly but he has always given his all to the team through the good, the bad and the indifferent. He deserves a special place in our hall of fame when the time comes for him to stop playing.

There is alot of pressure from pundits, commentators, media etc for our core good players to leave for something supposedly "bigger" and we will probably struggle to retain Broja but lets hope they do stay with us and that in the summer we can add to it and shake a few trees next season.
Superb Saints on 10:31 - Feb 20 with 1336 views1teeminants

Superb Saints on 09:21 - Feb 20 by A1079

Agree 1teem. I admit I am a pessimist when it comes to my team and I always have that fear that at some point it will come to a shuddering halt but right now I am enjoying it.

I was going to start a thread on Romeu but effectively you have. What a player he has been for Southampton FC. He has been a consummate professional throughout his time with us and ok, he has been prone to some silly bookings, cards etc and occasionally they have been costly but he has always given his all to the team through the good, the bad and the indifferent. He deserves a special place in our hall of fame when the time comes for him to stop playing.

There is alot of pressure from pundits, commentators, media etc for our core good players to leave for something supposedly "bigger" and we will probably struggle to retain Broja but lets hope they do stay with us and that in the summer we can add to it and shake a few trees next season.

Yes agree mate. Romeu has improved his game like many of the others and his passing seems to be improving too. He was prone to giving the ball away and he still does occasionally but not much yesterday. I certainly don’t recall him having a better game than yesterday. He does get booked a lot but that shows his commitment to the team. I sense he’s really enjoying his football at the moment.

Superb Saints on 11:20 - Feb 20 with 1249 viewsChesham_Saint

Superb Saints on 10:31 - Feb 20 by 1teeminants

Yes agree mate. Romeu has improved his game like many of the others and his passing seems to be improving too. He was prone to giving the ball away and he still does occasionally but not much yesterday. I certainly don’t recall him having a better game than yesterday. He does get booked a lot but that shows his commitment to the team. I sense he’s really enjoying his football at the moment.

I think the word "immense" is the one most used when describing the more defensive style of player and this certainly applied to Romeu yesterday.

Second half he tried on a couple of occasions to be a bit too clever (such as turning back into three blue shorts when a simpler pass was a better option) but this is a minor quibble. His shooting aside (which as we all know is generally woeful) his was a brilliant performance, albeit in the context of yesterday's opponents who (aside from the fort ten minutes) were crap - but you can only play what's in front of you.

Romeu has always shown a great attitude and loyalty (I'd pay good money to see him fight the pikey Ings!) and is on his way to becoming a club legend.

Special mentions too for KWP, JWP and of course Stuart Armstrong who for me just shaded MOTM.

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Superb Saints on 11:22 - Feb 20 with 1248 viewsDorsetIan

Agreed. Everyone is playing well and performing as a team. Really really enjoyable to watch.

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Superb Saints on 11:43 - Feb 20 with 1211 viewskingslandstand1

We were talking yesterday after the game of dreaming of those European adventures again?

But a few ales had been supped by then .................... although current performances certainly would merit that

As has been said elsewhere, or may have been on beeb web site, we have a few winnable games coming up as well as the FA Cup walkover of the Eastenders!!
Superb Saints on 12:53 - Feb 20 with 1156 views1teeminants

Superb Saints on 11:43 - Feb 20 by kingslandstand1

We were talking yesterday after the game of dreaming of those European adventures again?

But a few ales had been supped by then .................... although current performances certainly would merit that

As has been said elsewhere, or may have been on beeb web site, we have a few winnable games coming up as well as the FA Cup walkover of the Eastenders!!

Those winnable games we have very often lost in the past. I just get a feeling there’s a different mentality now. Come on Saints keep going !

Login to get fewer ads

Superb Saints on 13:12 - Feb 20 with 1124 viewsBison

I have dealings with lots of people around the country and we have seemed to of become a lot of peoples 2nd team again. When I mention I am from Southampton the conversation quickly turns to football and the way we are playing, JWP always gets a mention and then Ralph and how we have stuck with him after the notorious German No-nils.

My hands are still sore after all the Happy Clapping I have done recently

Trust no one in a circus.
Poll: Who do you blame for saints not winning every game ?

Superb Saints on 18:08 - Feb 20 with 939 viewsdwayne_dibley

Not impressed with Shane Long's goal. He deliberately waited until I went to the loo and then scored.

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Superb Saints on 19:06 - Feb 20 with 874 viewsBerber

Superb Saints on 18:08 - Feb 20 by dwayne_dibley

Not impressed with Shane Long's goal. He deliberately waited until I went to the loo and then scored.

What a b*st*rd trick, you have missed his last PL goal.
Superb Saints on 20:36 - Feb 20 with 781 viewsNumber_58

Fair play to the DJ who played Hey Jude at the final whistle. I'd imagine he had to blow away the dust and cobwebs before he stuck it on the old turntable.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024