Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fighting in the Itchen North 08:17 - Mar 11 with 2828 views1teeminants

It seemed to go on for a while .What was that about anyone know ?

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Fighting in the Itchen North on 08:42 - Mar 11 with 2761 viewssaintwizzler

Was it Saintsforeverj continuing his ‘chat’ with The Toon Army fans?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Fighting in the Itchen North on 08:44 - Mar 11 with 2760 viewsdwayne_dibley

queue for the unisex toilets?

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Fighting in the Itchen North on 08:58 - Mar 11 with 2738 viewsSonicBoom

Im surprised it's not been filmed by some scrote and splashed all over social media.
Fighting in the Itchen North on 09:56 - Mar 11 with 2669 viewsBLEEDRED

There was an outbreak at the end of the game down the front of the Itchen, looked like it was Saint on Saint fan
Also in one of the boxes, there was a group of drunk Newcastle fans abusing the Saints fans in front, the stewards just protected them and let the abuse continue
Fighting in the Itchen North on 10:37 - Mar 11 with 2602 viewsBicester_North

Fighting in the Itchen North on 09:56 - Mar 11 by BLEEDRED

There was an outbreak at the end of the game down the front of the Itchen, looked like it was Saint on Saint fan
Also in one of the boxes, there was a group of drunk Newcastle fans abusing the Saints fans in front, the stewards just protected them and let the abuse continue

Same has happened many times in the hospitality boxes, they get away with anything in there.

Poll: Who do you feel most sorry for

Fighting in the Itchen North on 12:11 - Mar 11 with 2491 views1teeminants

Maybe it was Pat from Poole 😬 From my viewpoint it seemed to start in the middle and escalate further down. It looked like a few people were trading punches .

Fighting in the Itchen North on 13:20 - Mar 11 with 2428 views1teeminants

Apparently it was a Newcastle fan from Bournemouth in the Itchen North.

https://fb.watch/bH1pgFY5DS/

Fighting in the Itchen North on 13:31 - Mar 11 with 2410 viewscocklebreath

Fighting in the Itchen North on 13:20 - Mar 11 by 1teeminants

Apparently it was a Newcastle fan from Bournemouth in the Itchen North.

https://fb.watch/bH1pgFY5DS/

Just read that thread, humourless football fans having top bantz

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Login to get fewer ads

Fighting in the Itchen North on 13:39 - Mar 11 with 2390 viewsElijahK

It was because some away fans were in the box and being absolute c*nts! And the saints fans in front of them rightly got fed up, so just tried getting up in to the box to beat the sh*t out of those w*nkers in there

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Fighting in the Itchen North on 13:41 - Mar 11 with 2384 viewsElijahK

Oh yeah I forgot about that fight right at the end, as it was right below where I was, but how it all started and such though I’ve got no idea about

Poll: Should the football be on again next weekend

Fighting in the Itchen North on 18:01 - Mar 11 with 2192 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fighting in the Itchen North on 08:42 - Mar 11 by saintwizzler

Was it Saintsforeverj continuing his ‘chat’ with The Toon Army fans?

Ha, nope nothing to do with me. Although a mate told me that the fighting in the itchen north was Newcastle fans in the home end, mouthing off and rubbing it in that they were winning. As I said before, they think they are so clever and arrogant now they are good. There were plenty in the executive boxes. They were really rubbing it in, but paid a lot for an executive box, so the stewards turned a blind eye.

But once again, just like the Coventry game, away fans easily getting into the home end. The stewards completely oblivious to it until it kicks off. I.saw a Newcastle fan enter with a Newcastle scarf in the home end. The stewards did nothing. Then they are surprised when the away team fans celebrate in our faces and it kicks off.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 18:06]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Fighting in the Itchen North on 18:05 - Mar 11 with 2187 viewsTripleNiemi

Think it was the result of a number of plebs not switching their torches on.....

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Fighting in the Itchen North on 18:52 - Mar 11 with 2121 viewsSaintsforeverj

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-03-11/matchday-information-southampton-w

"The club is aware that some of our fans experienced disorderly behaviour at St Mary’s during recent matches. It is very important that everyone coming to a match feels safe and the club will issue long-term bans to anyone who engages in this type of behaviour."

So why are away fans allowed into the home end, game after game?
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 18:54]

Fighting in the Itchen North on 20:41 - Mar 11 with 2025 viewsBLEEDRED

Fighting in the Itchen North on 18:52 - Mar 11 by Saintsforeverj

https://www.southamptonfc.com/news/2022-03-11/matchday-information-southampton-w

"The club is aware that some of our fans experienced disorderly behaviour at St Mary’s during recent matches. It is very important that everyone coming to a match feels safe and the club will issue long-term bans to anyone who engages in this type of behaviour."

Probably because anyone on the database can buy tickets, even if it's only once in the last 20 years! There are a couple of Man U fans living in Hampshire who have no problem getting tickets, can even get tickets for their Chelsea/ Liverpool fans who they work with. No system will ever be perfect ( I've bought tickets for away games in the home end, as have many on this forum!!!!)
Fighting in the Itchen North on 21:01 - Mar 11 with 1997 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fighting in the Itchen North on 20:41 - Mar 11 by BLEEDRED

Probably because anyone on the database can buy tickets, even if it's only once in the last 20 years! There are a couple of Man U fans living in Hampshire who have no problem getting tickets, can even get tickets for their Chelsea/ Liverpool fans who they work with. No system will ever be perfect ( I've bought tickets for away games in the home end, as have many on this forum!!!!)

What you say is true. But rather than threaten fans with being banned for bad behaviour ( who for the most part are just reacting to disrespectful away fans), Saints could prevent the bad behaviour by tightening the rules for buying tickets, i.e you need to have been to at least 2 Saints games within the last year. But that would be reducing their income wouldn't it. Games only just sell out, so they pretend not to notice a few away fans spending their money. And Saints certainly don't mind away fans spending thousands in the corporate sections, even if they cause a riot. So they put a statement out, that they are aware of bad behaviour, but don't actually take any action. And why do the stewards allow away fans in when they are wearing away colours? It says on the ticket home fans only, but they don't enforce it from what I've seen.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2022 21:06]

Fighting in the Itchen North on 21:32 - Mar 11 with 1945 viewsBLEEDRED

The club could easily look at the buying trait of fans, i.e. if they only buy a ticket for Man U at home every season it's highly likely they don't support Saints, but that would be too much trouble and not worth the time. I don't mind away fans as long as they just watch the game, but there are always some that have to go over the top. More of a concern for me is away fans in the boxes who are allowed to get blind drunk, swear, abuse the home fans but always get protected by the stewards (has anyone ever been ejected?) Anyone in the stands found to be drunk are ejected, but in the corporate areas it is okay because they have paid a lot of money
Fighting in the Itchen North on 22:55 - Mar 11 with 1863 viewsChesham_Saint

I don’t really care about a few away fans in the home section (without colours) but if they gob off or celebrate I have no problem with them getting a slap either. I’ve sat in home sections a few times and shown respect by not being overt (that and I’m not looking for a large dentist’s bill!).

I was in a box at West Ham a few years back and was told before the game strictly no away colours and to be discreet. This because in a previous match a couple of Evertonians had got excited whilst wearing Everton shirts and a few hammers fans climbed up and gave them a right good kicking which kind of took the shine off their corporate freebie…

Poll: Which manager would you prefer Saints to have?

Fighting in the Itchen North on 09:10 - Mar 12 with 1713 viewsMytchettSaint

Fighting in the Itchen North on 18:52 - Mar 11 by Saintsforeverj

I hope the club read these boards, it’s all very well them turning a blind eye to away fans in the home end and doing nothing about it except put out a statement saying they’ll ban fans if they are caught up in trouble. That’s clearly not going to trouble the away fans who were there for the one game.
Perhaps the club should consider that Saints fans caught up in it might just vote with their feet and not return if they are an infrequent supporter or even a season ticket holder who might think sod that I’ll not bother renewing.
The club have got to stop taking the easy way out.
It always feels they punish Saints fans as they’re the easier target.

Block 13; Curva Itchen Sud

Fighting in the Itchen North on 10:37 - Mar 12 with 1633 viewscocklebreath

Surely that’s why we need a proper independent supporters group

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Fighting in the Itchen North on 11:45 - Mar 12 with 1582 viewsSaintsforeverj

Newcastle fan in the home end cheering a goal, wearing Newcastle colours. Look just behind the Saints fans. There were away fans all.over the place wearing their colors and the stewards did nothing.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 11:47]

Fighting in the Itchen North on 12:00 - Mar 12 with 1552 viewsdwayne_dibley

Fighting in the Itchen North on 11:45 - Mar 12 by Saintsforeverj

Newcastle fan in the home end cheering a goal, wearing Newcastle colours. Look just behind the Saints fans. There were away fans all.over the place wearing their colors and the stewards did nothing.

but they are an ethnic minority and have rights to be morons

Well, I say let's get out there and tw@t it!
Poll: Will you renew your Season Ticket for next season

Fighting in the Itchen North on 13:10 - Mar 12 with 1488 viewsTripleNiemi

Fighting in the Itchen North on 11:45 - Mar 12 by Saintsforeverj

Personally i am more concerned that some plum was sat videoing the crowd rather than watching the bloödy game (regardless of team they were following)

Ah, the modern breed of fan........

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Fighting in the Itchen North on 13:16 - Mar 12 with 1475 viewsdirk_doone

Fighting in the Itchen North on 22:55 - Mar 11 by Chesham_Saint

I don’t really care about a few away fans in the home section (without colours) but if they gob off or celebrate I have no problem with them getting a slap either. I’ve sat in home sections a few times and shown respect by not being overt (that and I’m not looking for a large dentist’s bill!).

I was in a box at West Ham a few years back and was told before the game strictly no away colours and to be discreet. This because in a previous match a couple of Evertonians had got excited whilst wearing Everton shirts and a few hammers fans climbed up and gave them a right good kicking which kind of took the shine off their corporate freebie…

I'm pretty sure there were two West Ham fans sitting in my row for the cup game. They never said a word or reacted to anything during the game. They just sat there looking glum. All in all, they had a throrougly miserable time. We need more away fans like that.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 13:44]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Fighting in the Itchen North on 13:17 - Mar 12 with 1471 viewsSaintsforeverj

Fighting in the Itchen North on 13:10 - Mar 12 by TripleNiemi

Personally i am more concerned that some plum was sat videoing the crowd rather than watching the bloödy game (regardless of team they were following)

Ah, the modern breed of fan........

I don't disagree, but Saints send out a warning about bad behaviour (tick the box, we are aware nonsense), yet away fans breeze into the home end wearing colours and stewards just stand there watching. It's this, that's causing the issues! So they say they want people to be safe, but don't mind a load of away fans celebrating in the home end. So why not just send a message out saying

"We are aware of bad behaviour but our stewards will not be stopping away fans coming in to the home end. They may be celebrating in your face, if the opposition scores and goading the loyal home support. Please don't react. We want their money. Stewards will begin to react as and when the fighting begins."

As it happens, it won't be an issue this Sunday. Watford can't even sell their allocation. And anyway, it's usually the loud mouthed disrespectful northeners.
[Post edited 12 Mar 2022 13:22]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024