Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forster 16:32 - May 21 with 2883 viewsPatfromPoole

Off to Tottenham apparently…..

Whatever became of Gazzaniga?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Forster on 17:08 - May 21 with 2821 viewsdirk_doone

He plays for Fulham.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Forster on 23:47 - May 21 with 2656 viewsRon11

It defies belief that Fraser's gone (he's put in some good performances lately) but I'm sure he won't miss the defence in front of him constantly changing and then standing rooted to the the spot not knowing who's supposed to be doing what...
Forster on 07:40 - May 22 with 2544 viewsCity_boy

We must have somebody lined up to be our No ! next season McCarthy is just not good enough, or even good enough to on the bench. His performances over last few season have backed this up and I can only assume he is a cheap back up, for whoever is coming in.

Forster's move a way is purely financial.
Forster on 08:38 - May 22 with 2503 viewsA1079

I would question whether McCarthy is even any good as a No2 at PL level - given what I saw in the week. If we seriously think McCarthy is our No1 for next season then we really can expect some more embarrassing results (add into our erratic defence). He is simply not good enough.
Forster on 08:48 - May 22 with 2499 viewssaintwizzler

Another Ralph baffling bafflement

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Forster on 08:54 - May 22 with 2495 viewsPatfromPoole

Forster on 08:48 - May 22 by saintwizzler

Another Ralph baffling bafflement

#wemehon

Forster on 09:27 - May 22 with 2454 viewsCity_boy

Given Forster's £70k a week salary, `I am happy for him to go if that is what he was expecting to renew his contract here.
Forster on 10:43 - May 22 with 2402 viewsPatfromPoole

Forster on 09:27 - May 22 by City_boy

Given Forster's £70k a week salary, `I am happy for him to go if that is what he was expecting to renew his contract here.

Fairly standard Prem wage nowadays….

Login to get fewer ads

Forster on 11:04 - May 22 with 2395 viewssaintwizzler

Forster on 10:43 - May 22 by PatfromPoole

Super Jackie ‘he’s one of our own’ Stephens’ new contract must be £70k a week.
For that useless prick. 🙄

Forster on 11:12 - May 22 with 2386 viewsdirk_doone

Forster has repaid that several times over. If we'd had McCarthy in goal all season, we'd have been relegated and how much would that have cost? Unless we bring in a loanee or someone on a free transfer, a replacement for Forster will cost the club a hell of a lot more than Forster's wages and there is no guarantee he'll be as good as him, let alone better.

I remember the nay sayers saying how great it was that Hojbjerg was going to Spurs. He's been an ever present in a team that has qualified for the Champions League. We replaced him with Diallo, who isn't anywhere near good enough to play for a top four team.

The club should have seen sense and got rid of McCarthy, who is costing them millions in lost points and league place money.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 11:19]

Forster on 11:18 - May 22 with 2364 viewsPatfromPoole

Forster on 11:12 - May 22 by dirk_doone

Forster has repaid that several times over. If we'd had McCarthy in goal all season, we'd have been relegated and how much would that have cost? Unless we bring in a loanee or someone on a free transfer, a replacement for Forster will cost the club a hell of a lot more than Forster's wages and there is no guarantee he'll be as good as him, let alone better.

I remember the nay sayers saying how great it was that Hojbjerg was going to Spurs. He's been an ever present in a team that has qualified for the Champions League. We replaced him with Diallo, who isn't anywhere near good enough to play for a top four team.

The club should have seen sense and got rid of McCarthy, who is costing them millions in lost points and league place money.

Agree re Diallo.

But then signings at the £10 million - £15 million level (our typical signing) are at least as likely to not work as to pay off.

Forster on 11:20 - May 22 with 2359 viewssaintwizzler

Forster on 11:12 - May 22 by dirk_doone

Yes I did think that about Højbjerg.
Started off slowly but became a good player.
Even played left back for us in Hassenhüttl’s team selection bingo.

Probably the same people who were up in arms when Vestergaard was sold.
Now what a cart horse he was.
Seen milk turn quicker.

Forster on 11:22 - May 22 with 2357 viewsdirk_doone

Forster on 11:18 - May 22 by PatfromPoole

Agree re Diallo.

But then signings at the £10 million - £15 million level (our typical signing) are at least as likely to not work as to pay off.

It's interesting to see what Hojbjerg is now valued at on transfermarkt: a site which very much errs on the side of caution in its valuations.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pierre-emile-hojbjerg/profil/spieler/167799

I agree, wizzler, on the plus side, the club did well to get rid of Vestergaard and to even get a transfer fee for him.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 11:26]

Forster on 11:26 - May 22 with 2341 viewsPatfromPoole

Forster on 11:22 - May 22 by dirk_doone

It's interesting to see what Hojbjerg is now valued at on transfermarkt: a site which very much errs on the side of caution in its valuations.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pierre-emile-hojbjerg/profil/spieler/167799

I agree, wizzler, on the plus side, the club did well to get rid of Vestergaard and to even get a transfer fee for him.
[Post edited 22 May 2022 11:26]

The only club daft enough to pay £36 million for him would be Everton.

Who I think he may have turned down for Spurs, if memory serves….

Forster on 11:58 - May 22 with 2305 viewssaintwizzler

Forster on 11:26 - May 22 by PatfromPoole

The only club daft enough to pay £36 million for him would be Everton.

Who I think he may have turned down for Spurs, if memory serves….

I’d rather have the heavily inked Dane in the Super Saints midfield than Diallo my Sandbanks hunky friend x

Forster on 12:22 - May 22 with 2229 viewskingslandstand1

I just wish we'd buy someone we've actually heard of and know what they can do! We've been lucky in the past with the finding of nuggets going down the unknown player route, but we've had more fools gold than not
If (and hope so, but unlikely) Burnley go down why not put serious offer in for Pope in the GK stakes!
Forster on 18:06 - May 22 with 2043 views1885_SFC

Burnley relegated today. FFS Saints, pay whatever Burnley want for Nick Pope before a promoted or rival Premier League club do.

But we won't.

Old School is Cool

Forster on 18:10 - May 22 with 2033 viewssaint68

Forster on 18:06 - May 22 by 1885_SFC

Burnley relegated today. FFS Saints, pay whatever Burnley want for Nick Pope before a promoted or rival Premier League club do.

But we won't.

We need a deal with Travis Perkins to supply and install plywood in the home end goal every 45 minutes to even begin about staying up next season.

An abysmal run in..not quite as bad as the 3 wins in our last 23 games ..Ralph breaking records💩💩🤑🤑

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

Forster on 12:35 - May 24 with 1791 viewssaint901

BBC reports that Forster is going to Spurs on a free.

Also reports than Sam Johnstone is being released by WBA.

I thought at one time he was the up and coming new GK on the block.

Has something happened to him?

He played 36 times last season so perhaps he thinks he's better than WBA?

Decent player to pick up I think.
Forster on 14:35 - May 24 with 1751 viewssaints__fan__73

Forster on 10:43 - May 22 by PatfromPoole

It's not standard for a backup keeper and Forster was never going to be our starter next season even if he had stayed and McCarthy left.
[Post edited 24 May 2022 14:35]

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Forster on 18:13 - May 26 with 1551 viewsForeverred

I agree fozzy has repaid us this season and if you remember he was the man of the match in games we were not expected to gain any points, and I refer to Man Utd away 1.1man city at home1.1 and arsenal home 1.0, where he was unbeatable on the day. Ok it made sense for him and the club to move on as at 34 years he is nearing the end of his career, and the club had to look to the future with Getting a younger keeper as a replacement. But to say he not a pL player well ask arteta of arsenal he might have a different opinion.Yes he had his faults he was not perfect but having said that so has Pickford,he let in some stinkers this season, and he is England’s number one. So the opinion on here is he’s dead average well just remember if we had not gained those five unexpected points at games I previously mentioned then we would have gone down as Burnley had a better goal difference than us , I for one will wish him well all the best big man.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024