Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mattias Svanberg 09:35 - Jun 4 with 3700 viewsSadoldgit

Saints could be in for the Bologna midfielder for €10m.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 10:21]
Mattias Svanberg on 10:27 - Jun 4 with 3623 viewsdirk_doone

He's an average player, who's not a first choice for Sweden. That's about what he's worth.
He's not very good at heading so he fits the profile of our aerially challenged squad.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/mattias-svanberg/nationalmannschaft/spieler/3424

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Mattias Svanberg on 10:30 - Jun 4 with 3598 views1teeminants

Yes just been reading about this one sounds quite promising.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Mattias Svanberg on 10:51 - Jun 4 with 3563 viewsdirk_doone

Mattias Svanberg on 10:30 - Jun 4 by 1teeminants

Yes just been reading about this one sounds quite promising.

I have seen him play many times on BT Sport. He's OK: the level of player you'd expect us to sign, I guess. Their other central midfielder, Nicolás Domínguez, is a more exciting player. Now, he would be a good signing. Their Polish goalkeeper, Łukasz Skorupski, would also be a better signing for us than the other 2 Polish goalkeepers we've been linked with.

Our Serie A scout often seems to miss the obvious. We signed Lyanco when Bremer, his central defensive partner at Torino, was, to anyone who'd seen them play a few times, clearly a much better player. Or perhaps it has more to do with what agents we have dealings with.
[Post edited 4 Jun 2022 12:26]

Mattias Svanberg on 12:41 - Jun 4 with 3449 viewssaint22

Mattias Svanberg on 10:51 - Jun 4 by dirk_doone

I have seen him play many times on BT Sport. He's OK: the level of player you'd expect us to sign, I guess. Their other central midfielder, Nicolás Domínguez, is a more exciting player. Now, he would be a good signing. Their Polish goalkeeper, Łukasz Skorupski, would also be a better signing for us than the other 2 Polish goalkeepers we've been linked with.

Our Serie A scout often seems to miss the obvious. We signed Lyanco when Bremer, his central defensive partner at Torino, was, to anyone who'd seen them play a few times, clearly a much better player. Or perhaps it has more to do with what agents we have dealings with.

we are just an average side with an average manager and average scouts and all we get is average players
simple
Mattias Svanberg on 13:33 - Jun 4 with 3411 viewsthissceptredsaint

Why do we make a virtue out of being mediocre, it is not a great long term strategy in a hybrid entertainment business?
Mattias Svanberg on 16:47 - Jun 4 with 3243 viewsPatfromPoole

Mattias Svanberg on 13:33 - Jun 4 by thissceptredsaint

Why do we make a virtue out of being mediocre, it is not a great long term strategy in a hybrid entertainment business?

I think you coined the phrase “cultivated mediocrity”, sir.

Is he any better than Diallo or Smallbone?

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Mattias Svanberg on 17:42 - Jun 4 with 3204 viewsthissceptredsaint

That's the thing the one thing he may have is reliability, diallo blows hot and cold and Smallbone is a lightweight from what I've seen. It's crap though isn't it.Nick compares us to the McMenemy years, not a chance, I would say closer to Dave Jones but even then we had some fighters in the team. Plodders but fighters. 40 quid a ticket and we are getting the footballing equivalent of warmed up microwave Mac and cheese
Mattias Svanberg on 20:40 - Jun 4 with 3086 viewsTripleNiemi

Mattias Svanberg on 17:42 - Jun 4 by thissceptredsaint

That's the thing the one thing he may have is reliability, diallo blows hot and cold and Smallbone is a lightweight from what I've seen. It's crap though isn't it.Nick compares us to the McMenemy years, not a chance, I would say closer to Dave Jones but even then we had some fighters in the team. Plodders but fighters. 40 quid a ticket and we are getting the footballing equivalent of warmed up microwave Mac and cheese

Could do with another keeper so maybe someone of David Howell's ilk?

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Login to get fewer ads

Mattias Svanberg on 07:54 - Jun 5 with 2935 views1teeminants

Mattias Svanberg on 12:41 - Jun 4 by saint22

we are just an average side with an average manager and average scouts and all we get is average players
simple

Yes it does seem that way doesn’t it although I think the main trouble is for too long we’ve had an average mindset too amongst some supporters and owners. This club needs someone with a bit of drive behind it and money helps of course.On the other hand the problem is as has been said before you can throw money at it and still only finish mid table at best. It does make you wonder what is the point of it all now.

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Mattias Svanberg on 09:53 - Jun 5 with 2851 viewsSadoldgit

Has anyone actually seen the guy play?
Mattias Svanberg on 10:21 - Jun 5 with 2817 viewsJaySaint

Mattias Svanberg on 09:53 - Jun 5 by Sadoldgit

Has anyone actually seen the guy play?

Nope. Almost all saints fans will not have heard of him until the other day.

Poll: Who is responsible for Liverpool's defeat?

Mattias Svanberg on 10:55 - Jun 5 with 2794 viewsSadoldgit

Mattias Svanberg on 10:21 - Jun 5 by JaySaint

Nope. Almost all saints fans will not have heard of him until the other day.

I see. Yet had had already been written off as a poor signing?
Mattias Svanberg on 12:16 - Jun 8 with 2479 viewsdirk_doone

Mattias Svanberg on 10:51 - Jun 4 by dirk_doone

Fair summary from a Swdish Saints fan on Saintsweb:

"2 hours ago, kjurwi said:
I'm Swedish and i follow our national team and and i thought that i would give my honest opinion about Mattias Svanberg.

He's not a fast winger, he's not a DM, he's not a creative AM. He's a hard working midfielder with a good shot, can dribble a bit and a decent passer. A less technical Stuart Armstrong. Would rather give Smallbone another chance. If i had to choose between Svanberg and Elyounoussi i would chose Elyounoussi.

Would rather invest in a good DM. If we want to go Swedish i would go for Jesper Karlström (Lech Poznan) or Jens Cajuste (Reims. Cajuste is one for the future).

Realistic swedish strikers we could and maby should go for are Jesper Karlsson (AZ Alkmaar) or Viktor Gyökeres(Coventry)."

Mattias Svanberg on 13:43 - Jun 8 with 2398 viewssaints__fan__73

Mattias Svanberg on 12:41 - Jun 4 by saint22

simple

You forgot the most important parts. (below) average owners with (below) average investment.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024