Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strikers 22:20 - Jul 1 with 1471 viewsPatfromPoole

By my reckoning, we currently have….

Che - regularly left on the bench last season by Ralph
Adam Armstrong - regularly totally excluded by Ralph

With a bit of occasional back-up from Redmondinho and Little Theo.

At this rate, I’d take Ings coming back…..

Poll: If we win a play-off semi at St. Mary’s should there be a pitch invasion?

Strikers on 22:27 - Jul 1 with 1448 viewsSaintsforeverj

And we struggled for goals last year, especially when Broja stopped scoring. All I'm hearing is that we are after another 18 year old, Delap from Man City youth team. There is time yet and Saints might be keeping things quiet, but we need an established striker, we know will get us goals. 8 new players under the age of 21, that have never played PL football will be hugely risky: it won't work.

If these young players were already ready for PL football and great young players now, they would have been snapped up by the top teams. So they are here to develop. They won't all be good enough yet. We are taking a huge risk if it's true what is being said, that we are only buying young players.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 22:35]

Poll: Would you like Ings to come back?

Strikers on 22:48 - Jul 1 with 1409 viewsPatfromPoole

Nick won’t agree, but Broja was a big player for us last season.

It was about a lot more than the 6 League goals; he pushed us up the pitch, was aggressive and gave us a real presence up front.

Without that, we become relegation fodder, as we simply won’t get into the oppo’s penalty area frequently enough. Particularly against the better teams.

Strikers on 22:50 - Jul 1 with 1404 views1teeminants

I’m pretty confident we’ll sign a decent striker maybe two before the season starts. Ralph and the owners will Know what we have now is not good enough .So far the keepers have been strengthened the central defence has been strengthened there are signs we are on the verge of buying midfielders which just leaves the attack. I predict 3 or 4 more signings yet with a few more leaving.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 22:56]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Strikers on 23:07 - Jul 1 with 1365 viewsPatfromPoole

Strikers on 22:50 - Jul 1 by 1teeminants

I’m pretty confident we’ll sign a decent striker maybe two before the season starts. Ralph and the owners will Know what we have now is not good enough .So far the keepers have been strengthened the central defence has been strengthened there are signs we are on the verge of buying midfielders which just leaves the attack. I predict 3 or 4 more signings yet with a few more leaving.
[Post edited 1 Jul 2022 22:56]

I’m not convinced that the keepers or CB’s have been strengthened.

We have lost Forster, and are probably about to lose Bednarek.

Both had their critics, but they are both experienced Prem players.

Strikers on 07:00 - Jul 2 with 1245 views1teeminants

Strikers on 23:07 - Jul 1 by PatfromPoole

I’m not convinced that the keepers or CB’s have been strengthened.

We have lost Forster, and are probably about to lose Bednarek.

Both had their critics, but they are both experienced Prem players.

I admit I’m only going on those that have watched the new signings that’s all you can go on. Bazunu and the new centre back have had great praise ,just like Broja and Livramento had before they were signed. Tino was excellent , then faded a bit then he got injured and I liked Broja who scored more than 6 goals for us all comps and was a real handful for opposing defences so not sure why some keep banging on about he only scored 6. If Bednarek does leave he would definitely need replacing.

I think we have JWP, KWP ,S Armstrong ,Romeu, Livramento (injured )and Salisu who IMO are all good premier league players on their day and hopefully the new signings will work out but we definitely need a few more in. We’ll just have to wait and see and as others have said the window should really kick off now.
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 7:15]

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Strikers on 08:20 - Jul 2 with 1172 viewsTripleNiemi

Strikers on 22:48 - Jul 1 by PatfromPoole

Nick won’t agree, but Broja was a big player for us last season.

It was about a lot more than the 6 League goals; he pushed us up the pitch, was aggressive and gave us a real presence up front.

Without that, we become relegation fodder, as we simply won’t get into the oppo’s penalty area frequently enough. Particularly against the better teams.

We have a well rested Redders to drive us on into the oppo penalty area sir, so the supply lines for Che will simply be pumping......
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 8:21]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Strikers on 08:49 - Jul 2 with 1135 viewsPatfromPoole

Strikers on 08:20 - Jul 2 by TripleNiemi

We have a well rested Redders to drive us on into the oppo penalty area sir, so the supply lines for Che will simply be pumping......
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 8:21]

Clearly I was worrying over nothing……

Strikers on 11:14 - Jul 2 with 1009 viewsA1079

Most teams that end up fighting relegation do so because they cannot score goals and even if you have a strong defence/top goalkeeper you are asking them to not make an error or not concede for 90 mins plus consistently each game.

In that final third of last season we could neither score or defend - indeed had it not been Bednarek scoring against Arsenal we would probably have gone down.. For all our recent signings, whilst they may be good prospects I am not convinced that thus far we have done what is needed to not be involved in a relegation fight and challenge amongst the mass of clubs fighting for mid-table obscurity - I appreciate that there is still time to remedy it and there may be a plan in place - and more than happy, in fact will be delighted, to be proved wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Strikers on 11:27 - Jul 2 with 988 viewsdirk_doone

Andrea Belotti is a free agent. We should get him before Newcastle do. They seem to be hoovering up all the players we should have got: Pope, Burn, Botman.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/belotti-becomes-free-agent-inter-110436054.html
[Post edited 2 Jul 2022 11:30]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Strikers on 12:43 - Jul 2 with 892 viewsPatfromPoole

Strikers on 11:14 - Jul 2 by A1079

Most teams that end up fighting relegation do so because they cannot score goals and even if you have a strong defence/top goalkeeper you are asking them to not make an error or not concede for 90 mins plus consistently each game.

In that final third of last season we could neither score or defend - indeed had it not been Bednarek scoring against Arsenal we would probably have gone down.. For all our recent signings, whilst they may be good prospects I am not convinced that thus far we have done what is needed to not be involved in a relegation fight and challenge amongst the mass of clubs fighting for mid-table obscurity - I appreciate that there is still time to remedy it and there may be a plan in place - and more than happy, in fact will be delighted, to be proved wrong.

Completely agree, sir.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024