Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal 21:57 - Jul 28 with 1983 viewsSaintNick

According to reports Chelsea are not keen on letting Broja leave on a permanent deal hence the unrealistic price they are demanding to put of suitors.

"Chelsea, still not accepting any official bid for Armando Broja as of now. Tuchel insists in keeping the player, not happy with potential permanent transfer - after West Ham's £30m proposal rejected 10 days ago"

Newcastle could still make a bid though as it is said that their Belgium head of recruitment Pat Frompoole is a big admirer of Broja.

My money is on a loan deal so im not ruling Saints out just yet

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 07:33 - Jul 29 with 1841 viewsCity_boy

I agree with you Nick, I can still see him coming back to Saints on loan. This would suit Chelsea who know he will continue to develop here. it puts him back in shop window if Chelsea decide to sell next season or decide whether he is going to make it as a regular in Chelsea set up.

A loan deal of some sort would also suit Saints from a financial stance. Given what they have spent so far, I can't see Saints splashing another £25-30m on a striker.
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 7:34]
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 07:40 - Jul 29 with 1829 viewssaint22

But didn't he fall out with Ralphie hence his drop off in form?
If so why would he come back?
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 07:49 - Jul 29 with 1813 viewsCity_boy

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 07:40 - Jul 29 by saint22

If those rumours are true, he wouldn't be the first or last player to have a strop with the manager.

He's far from the finished article, but would be a useful addition to the team.
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 08:22 - Jul 29 with 1777 viewsBerber

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 07:49 - Jul 29 by City_boy

If those rumours are true, he wouldn't be the first or last player to have a strop with the manager.

True, players always think they know best, about form and how they need to play. Their form has to be indisputable if they want the manager to let it go. Tino did just that when he joined us. Broja got a ticking off before he even made the first eleven, and it is no surprise that he might have got a wrist slap or two along the way. I know we didn’t always play to his strengths, but it is true he still has a lot of development to make up also. I’d love to have him back even on loan though if the alternatives are Armstrong and Tellah.
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 08:53 - Jul 29 with 1746 views1teeminants

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 07:40 - Jul 29 by saint22

I have heard this to be true from other sources and at the time when his form dropped off I suggested this could be the reason why his form had nosedived . If it is true you won’t see Broja here again .

Poll: Would you take an Fa Cup win if it meant relegation to the championship ?

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 09:13 - Jul 29 with 1720 viewssaintwizzler

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 08:53 - Jul 29 by 1teeminants

I have heard this to be true from other sources and at the time when his form dropped off I suggested this could be the reason why his form had nosedived . If it is true you won’t see Broja here again .

Maybe he was like the rest of us and pissed off at the keystone cops in defence and lurch behind them?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 09:14 - Jul 29 with 1720 viewsSaintNick

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 08:53 - Jul 29 by 1teeminants

We all speculate about something that has not been reported in the press, although it could be true, Hasenhuttl made comments about Broja's attitude in his early days at St mary's, but that seemed to spur the striker on and he hit some good form, certainly after Saints beat Brentford at home Hasenhuttl was heaping praise on Broja, but by the defeat against Palace in early May he was not happy .

“Maybe we are not good enough,” said Hasenhuttl. “Certainly our opponent wasn’t that good. I expected more from my guys — Broja’s not what he was — and we lacked quality. Everything has to change.”

I find it strange that we are quick to blame everyone but the player himself for his poor form after Xmas, even to the point of blaming a fall out with the manager.

That is a flaw in Broja's character if true, surely as a young player Broja should have wanted to put himself in the shop window even if he wanted to leave the club, he wasn't being dropped, Hasenhuttl still played him even when in truth he should have benched him.

We are quick to slag off certain players, but are we really claiming that we want a player on one hand even though we claim on the other that he wasn't trying due to falling out with the manager

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 09:46 - Jul 29 with 1685 views1teeminants

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 09:14 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

We all speculate about something that has not been reported in the press, although it could be true, Hasenhuttl made comments about Broja's attitude in his early days at St mary's, but that seemed to spur the striker on and he hit some good form, certainly after Saints beat Brentford at home Hasenhuttl was heaping praise on Broja, but by the defeat against Palace in early May he was not happy .

“Maybe we are not good enough,” said Hasenhuttl. “Certainly our opponent wasn’t that good. I expected more from my guys — Broja’s not what he was — and we lacked quality. Everything has to change.”

I find it strange that we are quick to blame everyone but the player himself for his poor form after Xmas, even to the point of blaming a fall out with the manager.

That is a flaw in Broja's character if true, surely as a young player Broja should have wanted to put himself in the shop window even if he wanted to leave the club, he wasn't being dropped, Hasenhuttl still played him even when in truth he should have benched him.

We are quick to slag off certain players, but are we really claiming that we want a player on one hand even though we claim on the other that he wasn't trying due to falling out with the manager

I am pointing out the reason why his form had probably dropped which I believe is true because the sources are good ones.I don’t believe he was found out as you say . I am amazed you couldn’t see it in his body language he just didn’t look interested towards the end of the season and many commented in the pubs saying the same. You are right we dont really want a sulky player which is a shame because on form he is a quality player but not world class. …Not yet anyway.

Marcus Rashford is a quality player but he’s nosedived. He hasn’t been found out but there’s something not right mentally. I don’t see everyone slagging Rashford off .
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 10:02]

Login to get fewer ads

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 10:26 - Jul 29 with 1649 viewsSaintNick

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 09:46 - Jul 29 by 1teeminants

I am pointing out the reason why his form had probably dropped which I believe is true because the sources are good ones.I don’t believe he was found out as you say . I am amazed you couldn’t see it in his body language he just didn’t look interested towards the end of the season and many commented in the pubs saying the same. You are right we dont really want a sulky player which is a shame because on form he is a quality player but not world class. …Not yet anyway.

Marcus Rashford is a quality player but he’s nosedived. He hasn’t been found out but there’s something not right mentally. I don’t see everyone slagging Rashford off .
[Post edited 29 Jul 2022 10:02]

Rashford doesnt get slagged off because he is a young footballer with a conscience, he has worked tirelessly for charity work and campaigns for the homeless etc, perhaps this has affected his mental health and his career.

I could see it in his body language that he just wasn't interested, but I could also see that he didn't have the application needed to get himself back into form, you answer your own question about whether he will be World class, he hasn't got the attitude.

You can't coach attitude, the comments in the pubs are irrelevant, I sat in many pubs with people slagging Broja off, I sat in many pubs with people sticking up for him, all very sober rational conversations.

I actually like Broja as a bustling centre forward, I just find it hard to believe that there are so many albeit in pubs that think that 6 goals from a striker is good and that they stick up for him because he fell out with the manager.

When he left Saints he was going to go to this club and that, now his options have gone right down, West Ham baulked at £30 million and got Scamacca, Spurs got Richarlison for the price that Chelsea want for Broja at the moment .

If Broja wasn't found out why did he not score in his last 13 appearances for Saints or for that matter why only 2 goals since mid December in his last 18 league games, no one seems to pinpoint when he fell out with the manager, from his stats it would be after the Palace game in mid December.

Broja will make a living out of the game at Premier league level, I doubt whether he will be world class his all round play isn't good enough for the big teams

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 11:17 - Jul 29 with 1607 viewsButty101

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 10:26 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

Rashford doesnt get slagged off because he is a young footballer with a conscience, he has worked tirelessly for charity work and campaigns for the homeless etc, perhaps this has affected his mental health and his career.

I could see it in his body language that he just wasn't interested, but I could also see that he didn't have the application needed to get himself back into form, you answer your own question about whether he will be World class, he hasn't got the attitude.

You can't coach attitude, the comments in the pubs are irrelevant, I sat in many pubs with people slagging Broja off, I sat in many pubs with people sticking up for him, all very sober rational conversations.

I actually like Broja as a bustling centre forward, I just find it hard to believe that there are so many albeit in pubs that think that 6 goals from a striker is good and that they stick up for him because he fell out with the manager.

When he left Saints he was going to go to this club and that, now his options have gone right down, West Ham baulked at £30 million and got Scamacca, Spurs got Richarlison for the price that Chelsea want for Broja at the moment .

If Broja wasn't found out why did he not score in his last 13 appearances for Saints or for that matter why only 2 goals since mid December in his last 18 league games, no one seems to pinpoint when he fell out with the manager, from his stats it would be after the Palace game in mid December.

Broja will make a living out of the game at Premier league level, I doubt whether he will be world class his all round play isn't good enough for the big teams

The whole team was on the beach for the last 12 games of the season. What does that say about our own senior pro's. They all down tools (bar jwp and kwp) and you expect the guy who is on loan to put a shift in still.
we only scored 8 goals in our last 12 leagues games and at least half of them were set plays.

Poll: Has the Ross Stewart deal already paid off as Nick says?

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 12:48 - Jul 29 with 1556 viewssaintwizzler

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 11:17 - Jul 29 by Butty101

The whole team was on the beach for the last 12 games of the season. What does that say about our own senior pro's. They all down tools (bar jwp and kwp) and you expect the guy who is on loan to put a shift in still.
we only scored 8 goals in our last 12 leagues games and at least half of them were set plays.

Nailed it. 👍

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 18:20 - Jul 29 with 1460 views1teeminants

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 10:26 - Jul 29 by SaintNick

Christ he’s only a young 19 year old kid give the guy a break . You’re just saying the same things which everyone knows anyway ie he’s not world class and he won’t play for the big clubs we all know that and no one has said any different.

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 19:48 - Jul 29 with 1399 viewsclunk76

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 07:49 - Jul 29 by City_boy

I have also heard from very close sources that our Ralphy is a bit of a see you next tuesday and not the fluffy loveable fella he tries to portray in public circles... kind of adds up when you think about it....
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 20:24 - Jul 29 with 1376 viewskernow

Chelsea don't want to sell him and seems like no-one wants to pay over the odds for him. Obviously has potential but needs to sort out his head.
A loan deal may work for all concerned. Whether it's, with Saints remains to be seen.
Would prefer someone with the right attitude, the talent, the potential and the experience but I don't have millions in loose change to spend and neither, I expect, do Saints' latest owners.
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 21:55 - Jul 29 with 1322 viewsRon11

I seem to remember Ings going all sulky when he fell out with Hassenhutl and his tactics and lack of the forward ball.
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 23:16 - Jul 29 with 1234 viewssaintwizzler

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 19:48 - Jul 29 by clunk76

I have also heard from very close sources that our Ralphy is a bit of a see you next tuesday and not the fluffy loveable fella he tries to portray in public circles... kind of adds up when you think about it....

He does jazz hands, plays the high press (for the first half) and has a catchy name so who cares about dismal runs of form, record home and away defeats and league record of throwing away winning positions.
Let’s blame the ex owner.

WE MARCH ON

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 10:21 - Jul 30 with 1098 viewsSadoldgit

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 19:48 - Jul 29 by clunk76

So was Ferguson but that didn’t work out too badly. I have seen Ralph criticised for being too nice as well. I wonder which it is because it can’t be both. Most rumours are just that and the truth is somewhere in the middle so probably he can be a nice guy but kicks ass when required. Players are paid to play and do what the coaching staff tell them to do. I understand people getting the hump when things aren’t going well but people are paid to do a job and in Ralph’s case it is to win football matches. It is the job of Ings and Broja to do what he tells them in the pitch whether they are with it or not. Frankly I hope he does give the players a hard time if they are not doing what they are told.
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 10:51 - Jul 30 with 1066 viewsJellybaby

Rashford and Broja can't be compared because Rashford has been hijacked by others through Roc Nation PR company to be used as a political pawn. This has been good for poor kids getting free school meals, but looking at Rashford's form not good for him. So one has been targeted and transformed into a social justice warrior with an MBE and the other is a moody (post) teenager with a bad attitude...

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 12:09 - Jul 30 with 1005 viewssaint22

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 23:16 - Jul 29 by saintwizzler

He does jazz hands, plays the high press (for the first half) and has a catchy name so who cares about dismal runs of form, record home and away defeats and league record of throwing away winning positions.
Let’s blame the ex owner.

WE MARCH ON

Big first ten games for Ralphie
Same errors, capitulations, leads thrown away, poor selections as the last two seasons and he will be on borrowed time
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 12:11 - Jul 30 with 1005 viewsSonicBoom

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 10:51 - Jul 30 by Jellybaby

Rashford and Broja can't be compared because Rashford has been hijacked by others through Roc Nation PR company to be used as a political pawn. This has been good for poor kids getting free school meals, but looking at Rashford's form not good for him. So one has been targeted and transformed into a social justice warrior with an MBE and the other is a moody (post) teenager with a bad attitude...

Weird take. I'm pretty sure Rashford wasn't hijacked and used by anyone. In fact you could just as easily say that his campaigning may well have been a great support to his mental health when he was struggling for form on the pitch.
Footballers are often portrayed as selfish and spoiled yet when one shows a social consciousness they are still critised.
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 12:29 - Jul 30 with 984 viewsBerber

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 12:09 - Jul 30 by saint22

Big first ten games for Ralphie
Same errors, capitulations, leads thrown away, poor selections as the last two seasons and he will be on borrowed time

We seem to be in a cycle of one half good, one half bad. No telling what we will get.
Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 12:53 - Jul 30 with 962 viewsJellybaby

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 12:11 - Jul 30 by SonicBoom

Weird take. I'm pretty sure Rashford wasn't hijacked and used by anyone. In fact you could just as easily say that his campaigning may well have been a great support to his mental health when he was struggling for form on the pitch.
Footballers are often portrayed as selfish and spoiled yet when one shows a social consciousness they are still critised.

I'm not criticising Rashford, I like him, but a 22year old gifted footballer does not ordinarily turn into a campaigner for social justice of his own volition. To think that this would happen organically would be a little naïve. Rashford fitted the profile, he was chosen rather than he chose it.

For the same reason we have the impeccably behaved and politically correct Southgate as national manager, even though IMO he is not very good. Football is a political tool now.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 13:39 - Jul 30 with 928 viewssaint68

Chelsea Dont Want To Let Broja Leave On Permanent Deal on 10:21 - Jul 30 by Sadoldgit

So was Ferguson but that didn’t work out too badly. I have seen Ralph criticised for being too nice as well. I wonder which it is because it can’t be both. Most rumours are just that and the truth is somewhere in the middle so probably he can be a nice guy but kicks ass when required. Players are paid to play and do what the coaching staff tell them to do. I understand people getting the hump when things aren’t going well but people are paid to do a job and in Ralph’s case it is to win football matches. It is the job of Ings and Broja to do what he tells them in the pitch whether they are with it or not. Frankly I hope he does give the players a hard time if they are not doing what they are told.

Players are paid to play and do what the coaching staff tell them to do.

So piss poor management is the reason..

Thanks for clearing that glaringly obvious point up

Poll: Who would you want to save this season Pellegrino or Adkins

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024