Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Willock 18:44 - Feb 24 with 4958 viewsHantsR

I thought he had a very good game. One if the few to look confident and calm in the first half, then some brilliant work in the second half. Great assist for Smyth and super goal.MOTM?
Willock on 01:06 - Feb 25 with 1604 viewsSuperhoops2808

Not sure how many people saw Marti and Chris Willock at the end. They certainly seem to get on very well, and I will stand by what I said a few weeks ago, under Marti he will sign a new contract.

He certainly made the difference today, and we can now see that clearly he was treated poorly under Gareth.
Willock on 02:13 - Feb 25 with 1534 viewsjoolsyp

Willock on 19:36 - Feb 24 by sevenhoop

He looked like his old self second half. Which is hardly surprising as he was moved in the middle, rather being ordered to hug the touch line, and where he can get very involved and influence the game. He was superb.

Dunne a close second for me

Willock an 8/10 and MoM today IMO. 7s for Chair, Dunne, Colback (although he and Hayden had a dodgy first 20), Smyth, Field, Cook, possibly Frey.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2:14]
Willock on 02:44 - Feb 25 with 1485 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Willock on 01:06 - Feb 25 by Superhoops2808

Not sure how many people saw Marti and Chris Willock at the end. They certainly seem to get on very well, and I will stand by what I said a few weeks ago, under Marti he will sign a new contract.

He certainly made the difference today, and we can now see that clearly he was treated poorly under Gareth.

I'll be amazed if he renews his contract as he'll be inundated with offers. Wherever his future lies, I'll settle for more performances like today until the end of the season.
[Post edited 25 Feb 2:44]
Willock on 03:18 - Feb 25 with 1474 viewsstrikerace

To me, and this is subjective obviously, today Willock looked like his old pre-injury self for the first time.
Willock on 09:21 - Feb 25 with 1231 viewsderbyhoop

Willock on 21:33 - Feb 24 by Hastings_Hoops

Really interesting to see Willock leaving the pre-match warm up sprinting to the ellerslie road stand and back… Haven’t seen him sprint like that for months now! definitely up for it today.

I noticed that too. Thought it showed he was up for it. He's a lot qui kerry than I originally thought.
First half he gave their LB a torrid time. Second half sensational.
Lovely pass for Smyth's goal and absolutely smashed in his own. Seen some criticism of their keeper but the Willock shot was really travelling.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Willock on 10:50 - Feb 25 with 1136 viewsDaBurgh

Willock on 19:43 - Feb 24 by Jevlar

I too thought Willock had a good game

But the cynic in me finds his rediscovery of form and effort just as his contract is winding down more than just a coincidence.

I think it's probably best to be philosophical about the Willock situation. I don't think he will sign a new contract and he could be upping his game to attract a new deal somewhere else. But this return to the version of Willock 1.0 may very well keep us in this division and the increased money that will come with that next season. So we may not directly get our 10million for Chris but his contribution (hopefully) over the next 3 months may cement our survival.
It would be nice to get both, but that ain't gonna happen.
Willock on 10:56 - Feb 25 with 1118 viewsstevec

Willock on 03:18 - Feb 25 by strikerace

To me, and this is subjective obviously, today Willock looked like his old pre-injury self for the first time.

First time he’s been willing to hit properly through a shot for a long time.

Hopefully he’s trusting his hamstring now.
Willock on 16:06 - Feb 25 with 937 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Willock on 10:56 - Feb 25 by stevec

First time he’s been willing to hit properly through a shot for a long time.

Hopefully he’s trusting his hamstring now.

Indeed, In the last 2 matches he's also shown the occasional turn of speed. It appears that he is starting to trust his body again.
Login to get fewer ads

Willock on 16:09 - Feb 25 with 931 viewsNorthernr

Willock on 16:06 - Feb 25 by Benny_the_Ball

Indeed, In the last 2 matches he's also shown the occasional turn of speed. It appears that he is starting to trust his body again.

The enormous bollocking he got from Cifuentes against Norwich, and getting hooked, finally seems to have lit a bit of a fire in him. Much better last two weeks.

I'll save my cynical wondering about whether his contract shortly expiring has anything to do with it for another day.
Willock on 16:09 - Feb 25 with 930 viewsOldPedro

Willock on 16:06 - Feb 25 by Benny_the_Ball

It could also be that he realises that if he doesn't start trusting his body, he won't get the big fat contract he and his dad want........

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Willock on 16:23 - Feb 25 with 897 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Willock on 16:09 - Feb 25 by Northernr

The enormous bollocking he got from Cifuentes against Norwich, and getting hooked, finally seems to have lit a bit of a fire in him. Much better last two weeks.

I'll save my cynical wondering about whether his contract shortly expiring has anything to do with it for another day.

Cynical, tu? In all seriousness, this demonstrates another string to Marti's bow. He has shown Chris the love needed to get him performing again but isn't afraid to give him a kick up the backside when required.
[Post edited 25 Feb 16:23]
Willock on 16:29 - Feb 25 with 874 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Willock on 16:09 - Feb 25 by OldPedro

It could also be that he realises that if he doesn't start trusting his body, he won't get the big fat contract he and his dad want........

Yes, there is that. Charles is very hands-on it seems.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/medway/sport/the-willock-football-family-221432/

https://tribuna.com/en/news/arsenal-2020-02-06-willock-reveals-the-role-his-fath
Willock on 17:02 - Feb 25 with 791 viewslondonscottish

Willock on 19:22 - Feb 24 by cpgerber

just me or did Frey look a lot more mobile than that first cameo? If so, speaks volumes for what he/the club did to improve his match fitness.

He put himself about a lot. Tracking back, putting in key challenges then motoring back up the pitch.

He'll never be that fast but I can't fault his work rate.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Willock on 09:55 - Feb 26 with 547 viewsJamesB1979

Willock on 16:09 - Feb 25 by Northernr

I do think people are too harsh on Willock. Firstly, we need him performing if we want to stay up, as proven on Saturday. Second, when we have done well or gone on a run, he’s invariably a major part of that. Third, hes a player who should be in the prime of his career. He’s had some pretty major hamstring injuries. The next time it goes, that might be his career over. He’s probably been mentally all over the shop and worried about it happening again and this being it. If he gets injured again and it’s career ending, what’s he do then? There’s a huge difference between a player not going 100% because he just can’t really be bothered and one who, to be honest, is scared he pushes to much and his career could be over.

JCS is another one. It’s not his fault he’s had a lot of injuries. Thank goodness now he has put together a run of quite a few games. Like Willock both just in prime of careers and I would say ability-wise, they are right at the top of our squad and probably in the championship. We all know names of players who have taken the p.iss out of us and this club. But these 2 for me are no where near that. They’re relatively young lads, been unlucky with injuries but I firmly believe they want to try best for qpr and win games. The best thing is we now have a manager who can bring best out of them and trusts them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024