Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Derby County 21:24 - Sep 15 with 3606 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Derby County on 19:45 - Jun 10 with 698 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Derby County on 09:24 - Jun 10 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Derby County: Chris Kirchner fails to meet takeover deadline for League One club

US businessman Chris Kirchner has failed to meet a deadline to prove he has the funds to complete a takeover of Derby County, the BBC has been told.

The Rams have been in administration since September 2021 and Kirchner was named as preferred bidder on 6 April.

The 17:00 BST deadline set for Friday has now passed and administrators Quantuma say they are engaging "with other interested parties".

A further statement from Quantuma is expected later on Friday.

The administrators reached a sale and purchase agreement with Kirchner on 16 May, but despite providing proof of funding to the English Football League and passing the governing body's Owners & Directors' Test, he has so far not transferred the funds that would allow the deal to be completed.

Former Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is among the interested parties who could now attempt to buy the embattled club.

Other local businessman have been meeting this week to come up with a contingency and lifelong Derby fan David Clowes, who has struck a deal to buy the club's Pride Park stadium, is also a potential owner.

However, there is no guarantee any of them would be willing to agree to the same deal put in place for Texas-based Kirchner.

He has remained silent over the deal for the best part of a week, but sources close to him still believe it will eventually reach a successful conclusion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61760255

‘Where there is harmony, may we bring discord. Where there is truth, may we bring error. Where there is faith, may we bring doubt. And where there is hope, may we bring despair’

Derby County on 13:01 - Jun 12 with 685 viewsImperial

Derby County on 19:45 - Jun 10 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Derby County: Chris Kirchner fails to meet takeover deadline for League One club

US businessman Chris Kirchner has failed to meet a deadline to prove he has the funds to complete a takeover of Derby County, the BBC has been told.

The Rams have been in administration since September 2021 and Kirchner was named as preferred bidder on 6 April.

The 17:00 BST deadline set for Friday has now passed and administrators Quantuma say they are engaging "with other interested parties".

A further statement from Quantuma is expected later on Friday.

The administrators reached a sale and purchase agreement with Kirchner on 16 May, but despite providing proof of funding to the English Football League and passing the governing body's Owners & Directors' Test, he has so far not transferred the funds that would allow the deal to be completed.

Former Newcastle United owner Mike Ashley is among the interested parties who could now attempt to buy the embattled club.

Other local businessman have been meeting this week to come up with a contingency and lifelong Derby fan David Clowes, who has struck a deal to buy the club's Pride Park stadium, is also a potential owner.

However, there is no guarantee any of them would be willing to agree to the same deal put in place for Texas-based Kirchner.

He has remained silent over the deal for the best part of a week, but sources close to him still believe it will eventually reach a successful conclusion.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61760255

I wonder how far down the pyramid Derby will have to go if a phoenix club is needed.
Derby County on 19:43 - Jun 13 with 667 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

Derby County on 13:01 - Jun 12 by Imperial

I wonder how far down the pyramid Derby will have to go if a phoenix club is needed.

Chris Kirchner withdraws bid to buy League One side Derby County

Chris Kirchner has withdrawn his bid to buy League One side Derby County.

BBC Sport understands Kirchner took the decision because of the difficulty he has had transferring funds to the UK.

Derby's administrators are actively talking to other parties in an effort to find an alternative buyer.

The Rams, managed by Wayne Rooney, were deducted 21 points during last season, finishing 23rd in the Championship to drop down to League One for the 2022-23 campaign.

American Kirchner was named as preferred bidder in April and granted exclusivity over the process.

Contracts were exchanged last month, but delays were encountered over completing the takeover, which was initially due to be done by 31 May.

More to follow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61792048

Next up Mike Ashley?

Derby County on 17:11 - Jun 20 with 637 viewsImperial

Derby County on 09:24 - Jun 10 by BringBackTheRedRoom

The EFL will not apply the same rules to Derby as they did to Bury. This saga has months to run in my opinion.
shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 19:42 - Jun 20 with 629 viewsspell_chekker

Derby County on 17:11 - Jun 20 by Imperial

The EFL will not apply the same rules to Derby as they did to Bury. This saga has months to run in my opinion.

Mike Ashley putting a bid in for Derby County

P.S. Quite conveniently, he's already got a black and white tie.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 19:45]

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.
Poll: Would you like Wellens as Manager?

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 18:41 - Jun 24 with 609 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 19:42 - Jun 20 by spell_chekker

Mike Ashley putting a bid in for Derby County

P.S. Quite conveniently, he's already got a black and white tie.

[Post edited 20 Jun 2022 19:45]

Wayne Rooney: Derby County boss to leave troubled club with immediate effect

Wayne Rooney has told troubled Derby County that he wishes to be "relieved of his duties as first-team manager" with immediate effect.

The 36-year-old's contract with the club had another year to run.

The Rams have been in administration since September last year and were relegated to League One last season.

"I feel the club now needs to be led by someone with fresh energy and not affected by events that have happened over the last 18 months," he said.

The former Everton, Manchester United and England forward said he had been "closely following developments" regarding the ownership of the club and informed joint administrators Quantuma of his decision at a meeting on Friday during which they tried "tremendously hard" to change his mind.

"My time at the club has been a rollercoaster of emotions, both highs and lows, but I have to say that I have enjoyed the challenge," Rooney added.

"I will remember my time at Derby with great pride and affection and would like to thank all my staff, players and of course the fans for their incredible support. I will never forget you and hope to see you all again in the near future and in happier times.

"Finally, I am aware that the club still have interested parties who wish to take over the running of the club. To them I say this, Derby County is a great club with a great history and great fans. I wish you all the best and much success for the future."

The news came on the same day that property developer David Clowes announced a bid to buy the club after purchasing Derby's Pride Park stadium.

His company Clowes Developments (UK) Ltd, have also given a loan to the club to allow them to start next season.

It followed the collapse of US businessman Chris Kirchner's takeover plans on 13 June - a bid which Rooney had publicly backed.

'Very disappointed'
Derby are due to play Oxford United in their opening League One game on 30 July, but are still subject to an English Football League embargo and only have sfive senior players under contract.

In a statement, Quantuma said: "The joint administrators are very disappointed that Wayne has taken the difficult decision to leave the club and we have spent some time today trying to persuade him to stay but understand his reasons for wanting to go.

"We are extremely grateful to him for his excellent work in the face of challenging on-field circumstances in the 2021-22 season and admire the manner in which he has led the team, the club and the local community through various off-field issues.

"The joint administrators recognise that staff and supporters will be frustrated and equally disappointed by this news, but we all wish him, his wife Coleen and their four boys every success in the future and we are sure they will always be welcomed back."

They added, however, that Rooney's decision to leave would not affect "ongoing, positive discussions" about the sale of the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61932150

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 03:43 - Jun 25 with 598 viewsspell_chekker

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 18:41 - Jun 24 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Wayne Rooney: Derby County boss to leave troubled club with immediate effect

Wayne Rooney has told troubled Derby County that he wishes to be "relieved of his duties as first-team manager" with immediate effect.

The 36-year-old's contract with the club had another year to run.

The Rams have been in administration since September last year and were relegated to League One last season.

"I feel the club now needs to be led by someone with fresh energy and not affected by events that have happened over the last 18 months," he said.

The former Everton, Manchester United and England forward said he had been "closely following developments" regarding the ownership of the club and informed joint administrators Quantuma of his decision at a meeting on Friday during which they tried "tremendously hard" to change his mind.

"My time at the club has been a rollercoaster of emotions, both highs and lows, but I have to say that I have enjoyed the challenge," Rooney added.

"I will remember my time at Derby with great pride and affection and would like to thank all my staff, players and of course the fans for their incredible support. I will never forget you and hope to see you all again in the near future and in happier times.

"Finally, I am aware that the club still have interested parties who wish to take over the running of the club. To them I say this, Derby County is a great club with a great history and great fans. I wish you all the best and much success for the future."

The news came on the same day that property developer David Clowes announced a bid to buy the club after purchasing Derby's Pride Park stadium.

His company Clowes Developments (UK) Ltd, have also given a loan to the club to allow them to start next season.

It followed the collapse of US businessman Chris Kirchner's takeover plans on 13 June - a bid which Rooney had publicly backed.

'Very disappointed'
Derby are due to play Oxford United in their opening League One game on 30 July, but are still subject to an English Football League embargo and only have sfive senior players under contract.

In a statement, Quantuma said: "The joint administrators are very disappointed that Wayne has taken the difficult decision to leave the club and we have spent some time today trying to persuade him to stay but understand his reasons for wanting to go.

"We are extremely grateful to him for his excellent work in the face of challenging on-field circumstances in the 2021-22 season and admire the manner in which he has led the team, the club and the local community through various off-field issues.

"The joint administrators recognise that staff and supporters will be frustrated and equally disappointed by this news, but we all wish him, his wife Coleen and their four boys every success in the future and we are sure they will always be welcomed back."

They added, however, that Rooney's decision to leave would not affect "ongoing, positive discussions" about the sale of the club.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61932150

It's obvious that Rooney's bailed because he's got somehing better lined up.

Learning to read clusters is not something your eyes do naturally. It takes constant practice.

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 14:32 - Jun 25 with 593 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 03:43 - Jun 25 by spell_chekker

It's obvious that Rooney's bailed because he's got somehing better lined up.

Liam Rosenior odds-on

Login to get fewer ads

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 19:40 - Jun 26 with 580 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 14:32 - Jun 25 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Liam Rosenior odds-on

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 18:36 - Jul 1 with 564 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 19:40 - Jun 26 by BringBackTheRedRoom

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 10:44 - Jul 5 with 542 viewsImperial

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 18:36 - Jul 1 by BringBackTheRedRoom

Good luck to them and their supporters. I hope they can start enjoying the football again.
shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 19:39 - Sep 21 with 487 viewsBringBackTheRedRoom

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 10:44 - Jul 5 by Imperial

Good luck to them and their supporters. I hope they can start enjoying the football again.

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 20:26 - Sep 21 with 481 viewsspell_chekker

shley puttin,g a bid in for Deby County. on 19:39 - Sep 21 by BringBackTheRedRoom

I've just had a quick look at the L1 table and Derby are in 7th position.

The non-appointment of Rosenior was one of the odd things that've happened at BFC since Critchley left.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024