Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Nobody cares anymore 23:28 - Oct 21 with 3782 viewssteve_g

There was a time that defeat would have been crushing, a sleepless night would have followed and the injustice of losing to a penalty and spawning so many chances would have been with me for the next few days.

Leaving the ground tonight there was nothing but apathy. That's where we've got to. No atmosphere, nothing to get excited about and going nowhere!

Time for Karl to do something - either back the manager or sack him but this can't go on.

Poll: Has the O's treatment of fans re: court proceedings changed your opinion of them

Nobody cares anymore on 16:15 - Oct 23 with 939 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

Not so sure I understand your point my friend. Population density is higher in the north west than South Wales, and Humberside's regions for that matter. Plus, people don't tend to flit between football clubs do they...club for life and all that??

What is key, and you choose to gloss over, is that our Premiership windfall has not been used for the purposes it was generated.

If that causes the fanbase to up sticks and say 'sod it'......I for one, don't blame a single one of them.

We had a great day out at Crawley on an international weekend a few years ago, I suspect you will be back there again soon, at least you will know what pubs to go in ;)

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

Nobody cares anymore on 16:24 - Oct 23 with 925 viewsBigHandsOliverKahn

Swansea averaged 13,520 the season they went up from League One and 15,507 in the Championship.

Hull got an 18,025 average in League One and 17,369 last time they went up from the Championship.

We averaged 6,877 going up from League One and 8,611 going up from the Championship.

Long term, we don't have a chance competing with either of them financially.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 16:29]

Nobody cares anymore on 16:35 - Oct 23 with 908 viewsArchibaldKnox

Takes longer than an hour to get to both Manchester and Liverpool by train, and then you have to get out of the city centre to the grounds. And if you take the car it will be even longer given the congestion, parking etc.

Blackpool to Manchester (direct, no changes) 1 hour 16 mins.
Blackpool to Liverpool (direct, no changes) 1 hour 28 mins.

Not a particularly strong argument anyway given local loyalties and rivalries. That is tantamount to saying someone born and living in Preston has an equal chance of being a Blackpool supporter. Piffle. Although we did try and recruit there through leafleting, didn't we?
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 16:52]

Nobody cares anymore on 16:36 - Oct 23 with 907 viewsKhonKaenSeasider

Maybe that was due to the short sighted outlook (again, and we keep coming back to this) of the owners.....50-100 locked out remember, then suddenly crowds leap up with the South Stand built, funny that!

I am glad I was never in business with you BHOK, you haven't the remotest clue!

Oh, and for the record, football club accounts have always been available as a matter of public record at Companies House. it is not a new phenomenon, Jesus.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 16:42]

It will absolutely change the club forever if we go up. It can’t fail to

Nobody cares anymore on 16:41 - Oct 23 with 899 viewsArchibaldKnox

Swansea? Hull?
Maybe it's because they put FOOTBALL FIRST?

Nobody cares anymore on 17:05 - Oct 23 with 886 viewsFountain

Hull have Leeds and Sheffield within a short commute both places having deep historical football roots and culture. Hull also compete with 2 large RL teams again with an historical base and have 12 FL teams within easy reach.

Swansea isn't particularly in a huge catchment area bearing in mind the location of Cardiff. There are populations in the valley's but this is very much Rugby dominated. I've watched llanelli when they were getting bigger gates than Swansea!!

Perhaps you ought to have thought about this a bit more
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 17:07]

slap me on the patio

Nobody cares anymore on 17:34 - Oct 23 with 856 viewsHarryHorse

Right I understand your (BHOK) point of view now . We are punching above our weight and belong in the bottom two divisions because of our crowd size . This sojourn out of them has been an enjoyable high to counteract the lows . The PL windfall distributed however it is in "The Oyston Group" will be used to keep the club solvent when it inevitably drops back to its natural level .

I find that a very depressing outlook and wholeheartedly disagree with it for reasons already outlined .

Robbie we can discuss , I'd be amazed if your outlook is the same as the above

Nobody cares anymore on 17:49 - Oct 23 with 847 viewsRusty2Stands

It really is no use arguing with these two.
The saying 'you can't see the wood for the trees, is one that springs to mind.
If Koko said the moon was made of green cheese, they would believe him.
The Oystons are destroying our great old football club, before our very eyes, and still they refuse to acknowledge it. FFS wake up!!!!!
When everyone else would bet on a thoroughbred to win a race, these two would bet on a 3 legged lame horse, then wonder why it didn't win.
You backed the wrong horse BRR and BHOK, just admit it. Nothing to be ashamed of. If I could give you both a bit of advice though, it would be to pack in gambling.
Neither of you are very good at it.

Nobody cares anymore on 17:55 - Oct 23 with 843 viewsParasitestogo

I now have stomach ache from laughing at yet another bho post ,what planet is this gullible from .Also brr is a disgrace and find his views worse than than a deluded simpleton as he knows what is going on making his support of the parasites more sinister.Brr you are a pathetic disgusting excuse of a so called blackpool supporter and people like you are a major part of our clubs problem

Nobody cares anymore on 17:58 - Oct 23 with 836 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Here we go again, with all this nonsense about "backing sides". They only side I'm on is that of Blackpool FC. And I'm quite capable of making my own mind up without outside help. Thanks all the same.

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

Nobody cares anymore on 18:11 - Oct 23 with 826 viewsRusty2Stands

Judging by the amount of traffic on here compared to the old site, not only did you back the wrong horse, you also backed the wrong forum.
Never mind Robbie, one day you might get something right.

Nobody cares anymore on 18:15 - Oct 23 with 823 viewshertfordseasider

Shakes head, bites tongue and goes and kicks effigy round the living room!

Nobody cares anymore on 18:18 - Oct 23 with 815 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

Don't think the Crawley point hadn't crossed my mind. I'm looking out for Burton's results quite keenly too, for some reason.

Nobody cares anymore on 18:21 - Oct 23 with 813 viewsRusty2Stands

They only side I'm on is that of Blackpool FC.

Fair enough point that Robbie.
I think we're all on the side of Blackpool FC
Unfortunately Karl Oyston isn't on the side of Blackpool FC.

Nobody cares anymore on 18:38 - Oct 23 with 802 viewsArchibaldKnox

@BHOK, sadly, your analysis of average attendances does not tell the whole story as regards gate receipts. Comparing apples and pears, you know.

Bloomfield Road is owned by the Oystons, through Segesta.

Both the Liberty stadium (Swansea) and the KFC stadium (Hull) are both owned by their respective city councils who funded their construction. So those football clubs will have to pay considerable rental. But I do wonder if it is as high as £200k per match? Or whatever the figure is that the Oystons transfer out of BFC into their other companies as "management fees".

So the matchday revenues with our crowds of ca. 12000 (at full price) might match those of 18,000 in a rented stadium. Of course, the fact that the Oystons own Bloomers is probably the only reason they have been able to sustain the ST price as low as £193.50 recently.

edit to add: Before Swansea and Hull moved to their new stadia in the early Noughties, their attendances in the 80s and 90s in their old grounds when they were in 3rd and 4th divisions were comparable with ours, and in some cases less than ours. However, they had greater vision than us. Please don't tell me "at least we are not £160m in debt". Yes, we are all glad about that. However, there does seem to be another threat to our existence, namely neglect, which is, topically, the subject of this thread.
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 18:50]

Nobody cares anymore (n/t) on 18:52 - Oct 23 with 778 viewsjanegallagher

I beg to differ, I think you picked the right site brr
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 18:53]

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Nobody cares anymore (n/t) on 19:02 - Oct 23 with 767 viewsArchibaldKnox

In the Cold War, the KGB used to call communists in western Europe, the "useful idiots".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Useful_idiot

Nobody cares anymore (n/t) on 20:35 - Oct 23 with 739 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I used to get accused of being a member of the Stasi on t'other site. I wish you'd make your minds up which side of the Iron Curtain you want me to sit.

Nobody cares anymore (n/t) on 20:48 - Oct 23 with 739 viewsjanegallagher

Respect comrade Reborn

We’ve got Simon Sadler

Nobody cares anymore (n/t) on 20:54 - Oct 23 with 736 viewsHarryHorse

Just so long as you don't straddle it .

Edited to add : I reckon that's the middle stump taken out . An involving innings
[Post edited 23 Oct 2014 22:15]

Nobody cares anymore on 10:17 - Oct 24 with 690 viewsbrassedoff

The problem is because fans care so much in a way they're doing the club more harm than good by boycotting and demonstrating - that, for many, has ruined the club as much as what KO has done.

Dislike the O's, wish they'd go and agree with boycotting all their other concerns but to think they will change their policy because fans don't go is daft. Only the club will suffer.

Poll: Would you still play the Oriol's

Nobody cares anymore on 11:43 - Oct 24 with 682 viewsLala

'I used to get accused of being a member of the Stasi on t'other site. I wish you'd make your minds up which side of the Iron Curtain you want me to sit.'

At least you've never seriously been considered a WUM..

when the monkey is high you do not stare you do not stare 🥴
Poll: Blackpool v Arsenal scoreline , just wanted to try out a poll 😏

Nobody cares anymore (n/t) on 13:30 - Oct 24 with 673 viewsArchibaldKnox

You must think the cap fits, Mr BRB. No-one else replied assuming that.

Nobody cares anymore (n/t) on 17:50 - Oct 25 with 632 viewsMr_Brightside

The problem is it doesn't hurt anymore - we're like a boxer on the ropes in the 12th round, well behind on points, taken every sucker blow and just waiting for the final punch

Poll: Next win will be against?
Blog: The Love I lost

Nobody cares anymore (n/t) on 12:18 - Oct 26 with 596 viewstangerinedom

The fact the message boards on all sites and Twitter has exploded in the last 24 hours after another defeat does reflect that fans are still engaged and care about this club - the problem is most are in disarray as to what to do. The loudest voices claim the revolution is here, the quietest have arguably lost connection with the club months ago.

It's a mess.. but fans do still care and that's the great sadness!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024