Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
In Defense of this Site 18:58 - Mar 10 with 3632 viewschesterbfc

Just read the original site,s attack. I ,from the days of Basil, just wanted a site, living away from the Pool where I could connect with likewise supporters who travelled home and away, even if I couldn't.
What a poor excuse for a site today!! The original.
If I need a pub in Poulton my needs are served.
If I hate The big O,s my needs are served.
If I want to hate my Beloved club, my needs are served.
If I,m resigned to div 1 ,so be it!! ben there before. my needs are served
If I want a degree in Law my needs are served
But what if I like several hundreds,ney ,thousands Blackpool fans just want to see our club grow from the embers as we have done before? last time 2006-2010
We know we are in the poo, Owners, players etc , but don't think pre internet we haven't been here before, Grow up or P=ss off, we used to call U lot Fair weather fans, Goodbye, support Fleetwood , the Scum, or anybody U like .

In Defense of this Site on 20:05 - Mar 10 with 3596 viewsWizaard

Cowards. Insinuating that Robbie firstly lied about FOL closing down then that he told the Oystons about details of posters. Despite Sharpy specifically saying Robbie had nothing to do with it (and he should know) the accusers continue.

In Defense of this Site on 20:36 - Mar 10 with 3576 viewsterminallytangerine

I think there are decent supporters on both sites and some good threads on both.

If you want a reasonable exchange of views though it is probably better on a moderated site.

Agree with the o.p. that there are still plenty of supporters who want to see a better future and that includes a future where the internecine warfare has run its course and we can all pull again in the same direction as supporters of our football team.

Making the removal of the Oystons the be all and end all of everything that defines us as supporters may in the end prove to be self defeating.

In Defense of this Site on 21:44 - Mar 10 with 3555 viewsbasilrobbiereborn

I'm not sure what the OP was about exactly. But TT had a good try at a response.

I've just started posting on FoL again after eight months away. I hadn't intended going back, but a combination of circumstances made me think I should.

edited : thought better of the remainder.
[Post edited 11 Mar 2015 10:39]

Icon? It's all Rio Ferdinand's fault.
Blog: pause for breath

In Defense of this Site on 22:29 - Mar 10 with 3527 viewscamberwell1

Totally agree Robbie

Whilst the original avfft was a great platform for everything going BFC skywards at absolutely the right time, it has been invaded by the bitter and twisted 'I hate the World' (Oh and the Oyston's) & especially the Catford so & so's for just typing about footie.

Having just witnessed a brilliant Champions Lge game (Real Hankies v Shall Kur) I'm astonished Ollie hasn't been touted for Real M already !

There's been and always will be plenty of sites, some are s*ite and some are ok

Have fun in case I don't make Bournville by Sea

In Defense of this Site on 01:47 - Mar 11 with 3503 viewsseasider13

Unfortunately there are a few agenda driven nutters on that site who are prepared to argue the opposite of whatever robbie scribes.

When you were in exile there were threads over a ton that had been copied and pasted from here being debated on that site, so Mohammad goes back to the mountain and the haters go ballistic.

There is no pleasing some folk,

No man is rich enough to buy back his past.

In Defense of this Site on 03:19 - Mar 11 with 3499 viewsOsbourne

"A broadsheet plays a tabloid."

6 million copies of the "Sun Newspaper" are sold each day.

"A leopard can't change it's spots"

Osbourne doesn't like being cryptic, but I think in this instance the meaning is obvious!

If Osbourne on occasions gets a little light "lampooning" on AVFTT. Over on the other channel the "lampooning" cannot be described as light! Osbourne does not often visit page 3 anymore. Too shocking! It shows that the broadsheet is read anyway!

NB The other side don't seem to hold back on "Basil" either. At least a small minority don't. There is certainly a lot of support for "Basil" too. I think that the reality is :
"They miss him."

It's good though that Blackpool FC can generate such opinion and debate.
Will it continue as a Division 1 club?
I wonder. The crowds are really going to diminish at Bloomfield Road. Could Pool bounce back at the first attempt? Pool could if they actually want to, that is the big question though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024