Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
U'sual Champions League Quarter-final 12:27 - Mar 25 with 3061 viewswessex_exile

All

I'll post these now, least I forget nearer the time, but obviously with nearly three weeks to go there's no immediate rush - deadline as always is kick-off for any game (as measured against the time of a post).

As a reminder, with only 8 matches to predict you can only have one exact match with any one of the other competitors in your group. You'll need to monitor this one fairly closely yourselves, because I can't guarantee being on-line promptly enough to flag up an issue with a kick-off approaching. Tie-break (if required) will be attendance at the next U's game - which in this case at the moment stands to be Fleetwood vs U's - there is no need to post this until we know there is a tie-break situation.

Groups as follows, top two from each group go into the hat for the semi-final draw:

Group 1
Sector4 (Winner Group A)
Thrillseeker (Runner-up Group B)
BarsidePete (Winner Group C)
RSCosworth (Runner-up Group D)

Group 2
MFB_cufc (Runner-up Group A)
The Net (Winner Group B)
Gate16 (Runner-up Group C)
GSY163 (Winner Group D)

Fixtures
------------------------------------
TUE 14 APR 2015
Atl Madrid v Real Madrid (19:45)
Juventus v Monaco (19:45)

WED 15 APR 2015
FC Porto v Bayern Mun (19:45)
Paris St G v Barcelona (19:45)

TUE 21 APR 2015
Barcelona v Paris St G (19:45)
Bayern Mun v FC Porto (19:45)

WED 22 APR 2015
Monaco v Juventus (19:45)
Real Madrid v Atl Madrid (19:45)

Good luck everyone!

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 06:18 - Apr 16 with 1058 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 23:52 - Apr 14 by wessex_exile

Just a quick catch-up one quarter into the Quarters, Thrillseeker and RSCosworth are equal top in Group 1 respectively with the same 3pts spot-on for Juve's 1-0 victory, and The Net tops Group 2 with 4pts from Juve's result spot-on and the Madrid stalemate outcome, followed by Guerno on 2pts for both outcomes.

Mid-way point in our final group stage, and the positions are as follows:

Group 1
---------------
Two peas in a pod time, as Thrillseeker and RSCosworth top the group, both on four points, and both picked up with the Juventus home win spot on and the Barca away win as an outcome. Sector4 and Pete keep themselves in touch with the leaders after two outcomes each, but either may possibly have to find an elusive spot-on in the second leg matches if they're going to squeeze into the qualifying places?

=1} Thrillseeker 1/1 4pts
=1} RS Cosworth 1/1 4pts
=3} Sector4 0/2 2pts
=3} BarsidePete 0/2 2pts

Group 2
---------------
The Net tops the group on 4 pts, also finding the Juve result spot-on and the Madrid draw as an outcome. The really interesting battle is for second qualifying spot in the group, with MFB, Gate and GSY in a three-way tie at the moment, all with two outcomes each - might have to start dusting down those attendance prediction skills to resolve this one.

1} The Net 1/1 4pts
=2} MFB_cufc 0/2 2pts
=2} Gate16 0/2 2pts
=2} GSY163 0/2 2pts

I'm sure you are all aware, but just a reminder to Thrillseeker, RSCosworth and MFB that you've yet to post your 2nd leg predictions chaps.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 15:38 - Apr 16 with 1029 viewsBarsidepete

This is strategic then. I did post first but I'll bump this so Thrillo and RSCO don't realize they've not yet posted .. *as in, they missed your cautionary.

If it comes to it, which game for the attendance tie-breaker, Andy?

I believe mathematically I'm out of it. The other two can merely shadow my outcomes and that will do it. Maybe I should have waited to post the 2nd leg. Hmm. Perhaps a rule change next year?

But still, why not have the 4 who are eliminated in a goofy Euro league final 4? You run a fun PL, mate. We, the BarsideFCU's, can console ourselves with the chant We're number five
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 15:45]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 18:22 - Apr 16 with 1009 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 15:38 - Apr 16 by Barsidepete

This is strategic then. I did post first but I'll bump this so Thrillo and RSCO don't realize they've not yet posted .. *as in, they missed your cautionary.

If it comes to it, which game for the attendance tie-breaker, Andy?

I believe mathematically I'm out of it. The other two can merely shadow my outcomes and that will do it. Maybe I should have waited to post the 2nd leg. Hmm. Perhaps a rule change next year?

But still, why not have the 4 who are eliminated in a goofy Euro league final 4? You run a fun PL, mate. We, the BarsideFCU's, can console ourselves with the chant We're number five
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 15:45]

If it's needed Pete, the attendance tie-breaker will be the next U's game after Wednesday 22nd April, which as things stand (barring a postponement) will be the U's at Fleetwood on Saturday 25th April. No need for a rule change though, as it has always been the case that first to post doesn't count, so all competitors are at liberty to post some or all whenever they see fit. In a way, those who choose to delay making predictions do run the risk of inadvertently leaving things too late and finding themselves bereft of internet access. There'll be a 3rd/4th place play-off as usual, but I'd rather not devalue the achievement of those going through this round by running an identical suite of semi-finals and final for those that don't make it - you've gotta be in it to win it I'm afraid.

Edit - but absolutely no reason why that can't be you Pete, even if your opponents do match some or all outcomes, if you get a couple of spot-ons that'll put you in a very strong position (spot-ons do count for a tie-break obviously)
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 18:27]

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 21:59 - Apr 16 with 998 viewsBarsidepete

Was a bit of an facetious question about the Europa League PL if you recall the conversation last year

Although for some reason I have watched Wolfsburg v Napoli today (1-4). I have no idea why.

On an unrelated note,...

USA 2-0 Mexico woop woop.

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:33 - Apr 17 with 969 viewsthrillseeker

TUE 21 APR 2015
Barcelona v Paris St G 3-1
Bayern Mun v FC Porto 2-1

WED 22 APR 2015
Monaco v Juventus 2-0
Real Madrid v Atl Madrid 1-1
U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 10:48 - Apr 18 with 955 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:33 - Apr 17 by thrillseeker

TUE 21 APR 2015
Barcelona v Paris St G 3-1
Bayern Mun v FC Porto 2-1

WED 22 APR 2015
Monaco v Juventus 2-0
Real Madrid v Atl Madrid 1-1

Cheers Thrillseeker, safely logged.

I've had one tie-break attendance prediction e-mailed to me already, as the competitor isn't going to around later. So, just in case, if any of you think there's a chance you're not going to be able to get on-line between late Wednesday and next Saturday, by all means send your 'precautionary' tie-break predictions over sooner just in case. A PM isn't essential, unless you want to play things a bit cagey ;-)

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 03:36 - Apr 19 with 942 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 18:22 - Apr 16 by wessex_exile

If it's needed Pete, the attendance tie-breaker will be the next U's game after Wednesday 22nd April, which as things stand (barring a postponement) will be the U's at Fleetwood on Saturday 25th April. No need for a rule change though, as it has always been the case that first to post doesn't count, so all competitors are at liberty to post some or all whenever they see fit. In a way, those who choose to delay making predictions do run the risk of inadvertently leaving things too late and finding themselves bereft of internet access. There'll be a 3rd/4th place play-off as usual, but I'd rather not devalue the achievement of those going through this round by running an identical suite of semi-finals and final for those that don't make it - you've gotta be in it to win it I'm afraid.

Edit - but absolutely no reason why that can't be you Pete, even if your opponents do match some or all outcomes, if you get a couple of spot-ons that'll put you in a very strong position (spot-ons do count for a tie-break obviously)
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 18:27]

How in the world would I know what the attendance will be at Fleetwood?

This will be a complete shot in dark. And I'm being honest. Off the top of my head, I literally can't remember where Fleetwood is *inside joke

Ok, will inbox that tomorrow

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 23:22 - Apr 20 with 905 viewsmfb_cufc

BARCELONA 1 PSG 0
BAYERN MUNICH 2 FC PORTO 0

MONACO 0 JUVENTUS 1
REAL MADRID 1 ATLETICO MADRID 0

mfb

Login to get fewer ads

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 18:46 - Apr 21 with 877 viewsRSCOSWORTH

TUE 21 APR 2015
Barcelona v Paris St G (19:45) 3-1
Bayern Mun v FC Porto (19:45) 3-1

WED 22 APR 2015
Monaco v Juventus (19:45) 0-0
Real Madrid v Atl Madrid (19:45) 2-1

Just need to check for duplicates now!

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:12 - Apr 21 with 866 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 18:46 - Apr 21 by RSCOSWORTH

TUE 21 APR 2015
Barcelona v Paris St G (19:45) 3-1
Bayern Mun v FC Porto (19:45) 3-1

WED 22 APR 2015
Monaco v Juventus (19:45) 0-0
Real Madrid v Atl Madrid (19:45) 2-1

Just need to check for duplicates now!

RS, your 3-1 for Barca is your second match with Thrillseeker (after the Juve 1-0 first legs), so apologies sir, you'll have to change that one (and it can't be 2-0 either, as that would be a second match with Pete).

Hope you see this in time?

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:33 - Apr 21 with 859 viewsRSCOSWORTH

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:12 - Apr 21 by wessex_exile

RS, your 3-1 for Barca is your second match with Thrillseeker (after the Juve 1-0 first legs), so apologies sir, you'll have to change that one (and it can't be 2-0 either, as that would be a second match with Pete).

Hope you see this in time?

Thanks Wessex, I'll go 3-0 Barca then.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:43 - Apr 21 with 854 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:33 - Apr 21 by RSCOSWORTH

Thanks Wessex, I'll go 3-0 Barca then.

...and we have a full set - good luck everyone!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:58 - Apr 21 with 845 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:43 - Apr 21 by wessex_exile

...and we have a full set - good luck everyone!

As things stand, with both games still at 0-0 and everyone picking a variety of home wins for both matches, there's no change to report so far.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:06 - Apr 21 with 843 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 19:58 - Apr 21 by wessex_exile

As things stand, with both games still at 0-0 and everyone picking a variety of home wins for both matches, there's no change to report so far.

Now both 1-0 - Thrillseeker, RS, MFB and Net currently holding firm...

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:10 - Apr 21 with 842 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:06 - Apr 21 by wessex_exile

Now both 1-0 - Thrillseeker, RS, MFB and Net currently holding firm...

If we get that 2-0, gp 1 will be holey moley tomorrow

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:25 - Apr 21 with 780 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:10 - Apr 21 by Barsidepete

If we get that 2-0, gp 1 will be holey moley tomorrow

2-0 didn't last very long I'm afraid Pete, but 3-0 to Bayern Munich did briefly bring up a 3-way tie for top spot in Group 1 (sadly you weren't at that particular party) - but the second goal for Barca puts you equal second with Thrillseeker and RS...

...but can it stay that way?

Edit - no it can't, now 4-0 to Bayern Munich - which remarkably makes Group 1 a four-way tie!

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:29 - Apr 21 with 777 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:25 - Apr 21 by wessex_exile

2-0 didn't last very long I'm afraid Pete, but 3-0 to Bayern Munich did briefly bring up a 3-way tie for top spot in Group 1 (sadly you weren't at that particular party) - but the second goal for Barca puts you equal second with Thrillseeker and RS...

...but can it stay that way?

Edit - no it can't, now 4-0 to Bayern Munich - which remarkably makes Group 1 a four-way tie!

There is no way Barca will remain 2-0 unless they park the bus. But fingers and toes crossed

Oh wow, Munich 5-0
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 20:32]

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:35 - Apr 21 with 770 viewswessex_exile

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:29 - Apr 21 by Barsidepete

There is no way Barca will remain 2-0 unless they park the bus. But fingers and toes crossed

Oh wow, Munich 5-0
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 20:32]

You, Sector4 and Net and Gate in Group 2 need them to. Everyone is getting home win outcomes for Bayern now (or nothing at all if Porto stage some sort of Lazarus-like come-back), so 2-0 is your collective banker.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 21:35 - Apr 21 with 749 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:35 - Apr 21 by wessex_exile

You, Sector4 and Net and Gate in Group 2 need them to. Everyone is getting home win outcomes for Bayern now (or nothing at all if Porto stage some sort of Lazarus-like come-back), so 2-0 is your collective banker.

Wow.

.. I'm literally gonna have a ciggie and a vodka right now
[Post edited 21 Apr 2015 21:36]

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 21:48 - Apr 21 with 735 viewswessex_exile

Wow indeed!

I'll do a very quick summary now, full analysis to follow tomorrow, but for reasons that will be apparent, Group 2 first.

The Net, with two spot-ons and 2 outcomes already to his credit, sits comfortably top of the group on 8pts, 4pts clear of slipping out of the qualification zone. I haven't run the numbers, but I suspect he possibly can't be overtaken and dumped out now. Gate is in 2nd place on 6pts, but with both MFB and GSY breathing down his neck on 4pts each, almost certainly can be caught with the right results.

However, Group 1 is where the action's at tonight, with all four competitors on 6pts each, and each with one spot-on and 3 outcomes. Looks like Group 1 really is going down to the wire, so those who haven't done so yet, better dust off those tie-break attendance predictions. Well done S4, TS, Pete and RS on a cracking performance tonight.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:01 - Apr 22 with 677 viewswessex_exile

To keep the suspense, I won't plague you with goal by goal updates tonight - suffice to say as both games started at 0-0, as things stand RS goes through and S4 and TS are in a play-off in Group 1, and Net and Gate qualify from Group 2.

That is all.

Up the U's

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 21:20 - Apr 22 with 668 viewsBarsidepete

U'sual Champions League Quarter-final on 20:01 - Apr 22 by wessex_exile

To keep the suspense, I won't plague you with goal by goal updates tonight - suffice to say as both games started at 0-0, as things stand RS goes through and S4 and TS are in a play-off in Group 1, and Net and Gate qualify from Group 2.

That is all.

Would be nice if we would be plagued with a goal, update or otherwise. Two 0-0's?? I've been flipping between the two. Dreadful games. Just plum mind-numbing.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024