Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich 00:10 - Apr 16 with 737 viewsBarsidepete

Both featured here in the states this week on the teley.

I mean really. I'm again at loss for words and that's saying something for me.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich on 07:59 - Apr 16 with 709 viewsmrhappy

Those games will virtually secure our play off place if all falls right.

MR HAPPY SAYS BE HAPPY - LIFE IS SHORT - MAKE IT COUNT ! GOD BLESS YOU !
Poll: Derby County - how the mighty have fallen - Rooney the Gooney

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich on 08:28 - Apr 16 with 704 viewscarruthers

Like most on here I have another team, in My case the Wolves, I was born in Wolverhampton so it is the family team, every season I seem doomed to suffer a miserable fate and have little to celebrate.
My non league team is Chelmsford City [more misery] and my European team is Fiorentina.
Just wondering what other clubs the people on here support.
I hope Wolves stuff Ipswich good and proper.
Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich on 11:34 - Apr 16 with 689 viewsLeadbelly

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich on 08:28 - Apr 16 by carruthers

Like most on here I have another team, in My case the Wolves, I was born in Wolverhampton so it is the family team, every season I seem doomed to suffer a miserable fate and have little to celebrate.
My non league team is Chelmsford City [more misery] and my European team is Fiorentina.
Just wondering what other clubs the people on here support.
I hope Wolves stuff Ipswich good and proper.

For reasons beyond my comprehension my grandparents bought me a Wolves kit when I was at primary school. Over 40 years ago but I remained unswayed. First love is and always will be Leeds Utd. My second club is Col U.

Don't really have a non league team but, due to family connections, I always look out for Braintree results.

I don't watch Champions League, UEFA Cup (or whatever it's called now) or any other European football other than when Barcelona are playing. Lionel Messi is a joy to watch and it would be remiss of me not to do so. Plus my stepson is quite keen on Barcelona.

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich on 11:51 - Apr 16 with 687 viewsBluenWightExile

My team is Colchester!
My other team is Colchester
My non -league team were Colchester
And when I move abroad my European team will of course be Colchester!

When out of range of our club I go to as many non league games as possible and have seen a lot of Truro, Taunton, tiverton and Guernsey!

Pinault-noir

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich on 13:06 - Apr 16 with 682 viewsgerry_us

Forfar Athletic for my second team; who I can hear you all say? Back in my refereeing days I spent some time working in the area and was welcomed to the club for pre-season training which was pretty intense but most enjoyable. A very friendly club and fond memories. I have actually watched ONE of their game since 1976. Regular supporter me!
Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 16 with 682 viewsgerry_us

[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 13:07]
Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich (n/t) on 14:27 - Apr 16 with 662 viewsBarsidepete

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 16 by gerry_us

[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 13:07]

That blank post is one of your best ever, Gerry!

But seriously, my Baník Ostrava, where I was born, Ostrava, they've sunken to 9th in the Czech table,

Otherwise it's:

1. Viktoria Plzeň 19-2-2 ... 59 ... as in, the beer
2. Sparta Praha (Prague) 17-3-3 ... 54
3. Jablonec ... 15-5-3 ... 50 ... *which for those who enjoy trivia is in the northernmost and middle part of the Czech republic, not far from Dresden, Germany. Ostrava is in far eastern part of the Czech Republic, next to Slovakia.

Both countries, as I was born when it was called Czechoslovakia are not doing too poorly in the Euro qualification. I've noticed that at times two nearby clubs, or in this case two nations, they push each other to success.

This goes back to Wolves, that reference, and the fact you have Wolves and Brum and Villa and West Brom who all push each other to the best success they can as it becomes polarizing, the local allegiances. The Crufts dog show? don't get me started...

Glad to be useless-information-Pete oh and, Baník Ostrava? ... 7-7-9 on 28 points, securely mid-table
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 14:37]

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich (n/t) on 14:53 - Apr 17 with 627 viewscarruthers

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich (n/t) on 14:27 - Apr 16 by Barsidepete

That blank post is one of your best ever, Gerry!

But seriously, my Baník Ostrava, where I was born, Ostrava, they've sunken to 9th in the Czech table,

Otherwise it's:

1. Viktoria Plzeň 19-2-2 ... 59 ... as in, the beer
2. Sparta Praha (Prague) 17-3-3 ... 54
3. Jablonec ... 15-5-3 ... 50 ... *which for those who enjoy trivia is in the northernmost and middle part of the Czech republic, not far from Dresden, Germany. Ostrava is in far eastern part of the Czech Republic, next to Slovakia.

Both countries, as I was born when it was called Czechoslovakia are not doing too poorly in the Euro qualification. I've noticed that at times two nearby clubs, or in this case two nations, they push each other to success.

This goes back to Wolves, that reference, and the fact you have Wolves and Brum and Villa and West Brom who all push each other to the best success they can as it becomes polarizing, the local allegiances. The Crufts dog show? don't get me started...

Glad to be useless-information-Pete oh and, Baník Ostrava? ... 7-7-9 on 28 points, securely mid-table
[Post edited 16 Apr 2015 14:37]

Pete, I know we have mentioned it on here before but which team is it who's shirt was high fashion back in the day.
Back in 1967 I went to Prague by train from Ostend I could write a book about that trip. I recall some wonderful statues as indeed there are in Budapest. I shall stop, as usual I am digressing from the point. But one thing leads to another when you are old.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich (n/t) on 19:52 - Apr 17 with 610 viewswessex_exile

Norwich v Middlesbrough & Wolves v Ipswich (n/t) on 14:53 - Apr 17 by carruthers

Pete, I know we have mentioned it on here before but which team is it who's shirt was high fashion back in the day.
Back in 1967 I went to Prague by train from Ostend I could write a book about that trip. I recall some wonderful statues as indeed there are in Budapest. I shall stop, as usual I am digressing from the point. But one thing leads to another when you are old.

One point leads to another, and one pint leads to the loo - damn this decrepitude.

T'other team (if in truth I really have one) has to be Bradford City as far as games watched is concerned, after spending numerous matches on the Kop whilst at University and after in the mid to late 80s, when I could neither drive nor had any money to get to see the U's (unless they were playing at relatively close distance to Bradford, or I was home seeing Mum). As for non-league, Salisbury City all the way.

Ironically, in more recent years if it was based on games I've actually been to see, my other league team (thanks to my mate Craig) is possibly Chesterfield...

...sorry folks, hope Tuesday wasn't anything to do with me.

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024