Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woman's Football 14:57 - Jul 1 with 2112 viewsburnsieespana

Been watching a bit of the tournament and surprised at strength of some. Have always thought woman's football had skill but not strength. Also Mrs. B very surprised at crowds.
Any other thoughts?
Woman's Football on 21:13 - Jul 6 with 773 viewsBarsidepete

Woman's Football on 20:32 - Jul 6 by Leadbelly

The ladies team folded in 2013. I assume it was a cost cutting exercise.

I'd go watch the ColU ladies play.

Not to sound sexist, but they're fun to watch and they're way pretty, the gals.

Much better looking than some of our potential starting 11 at our men's ColU.

But as U'sual, I digress

I don't get it. We all have daughters, nieces and such. Support your women's/girl's squad. Buy her great boots and have a kickaround. You will become one of their favourite people ever. They will talk about your influence in their lives, even if they go toward engineering, instead. Or becoming a doctor, a store manager.

This is not rocket science. They may just become the woman who sits nest to you at a ColU tie. When the woman you love and adore is right next to you at a sporting event, isn't that kind of a further step past "I Do?"

Martha, before she passed , was a passionate footy fan. And baseball. Women are half our population.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Woman's Football on 21:53 - Jul 6 with 760 viewsBarsidepete

Woman's Football on 21:13 - Jul 6 by Barsidepete

I'd go watch the ColU ladies play.

Not to sound sexist, but they're fun to watch and they're way pretty, the gals.

Much better looking than some of our potential starting 11 at our men's ColU.

But as U'sual, I digress

I don't get it. We all have daughters, nieces and such. Support your women's/girl's squad. Buy her great boots and have a kickaround. You will become one of their favourite people ever. They will talk about your influence in their lives, even if they go toward engineering, instead. Or becoming a doctor, a store manager.

This is not rocket science. They may just become the woman who sits nest to you at a ColU tie. When the woman you love and adore is right next to you at a sporting event, isn't that kind of a further step past "I Do?"

Martha, before she passed , was a passionate footy fan. And baseball. Women are half our population.

deleted this.

add-on information that wasn't needed.
[Post edited 7 Jul 2015 13:41]

Woman's Football on 13:34 - Jul 7 with 742 viewsBarsidepete

The numbers are in over here.

25.4 million viewers on Fox for the USA v Japan final, plus another 1.3 million on Telemundo, the Spanish language network.

The 26.7m combined total exceeds the viewership of Germany v Argentina in the men's World Cup, 26.5m combined.

Those are some serious numbers

Woman's Football on 13:56 - Jul 7 with 733 viewsRSCOSWORTH

Watched every England game at the Women's World Cup apart from one and watched a number of other games too. Really enjoyed it to be honest although the skill and pace isn't up there with the men's game the passion and enthusiasm is on par if not greater. For me the Lionesses seemed to understand what it was all about, what it meant to the fans and people back home and how proud you should feel to represent your country. Today's Premier League footballers have very little in common with the fans that are supporting them, they're completely out of touch with reality and it shows not only when they pull on their club shirts but an England one too.

On a separate note I didn't realise that Col U no longer had a women's team. I thought they were doing pretty well a few seasons ago and only a couple of divisions below the top division in the country.

Poll: How many polls will Leadbelly do this season?

Woman's Football on 14:58 - Jul 7 with 728 viewsnoah4x4

Woman's Football on 20:32 - Jul 6 by Leadbelly

The ladies team folded in 2013. I assume it was a cost cutting exercise.

More likely because nobody wanted to watch them (let alone pay to watch them); whilst nobody wanted to sponsor them.

The total payout for the Women’s World Cup this year will be $15 million, compared with the total for the Men’s World Cup last year of $576 million, nearly 40 times as much. One would then hazard a guess that 70% of those that attended the Women's World Cup Final will probably never buy another ticket for a woman's match before the next Woman's World Cup. USA's success, and proximity to the USA was also a big factor as regards gates. Had this tournament been held in (say) Italy then crowds would have been trivial; and the hype much less.

Yes, one agrees, well done to the ladies, but for female journalists to suggest that they are the "second best England world cup XI" is ridiculous. Utterly incomparable with the men's game.
Woman's Football on 15:12 - Jul 7 with 721 viewsTheOldOakTree

Woman's Football on 14:58 - Jul 7 by noah4x4

More likely because nobody wanted to watch them (let alone pay to watch them); whilst nobody wanted to sponsor them.

The total payout for the Women’s World Cup this year will be $15 million, compared with the total for the Men’s World Cup last year of $576 million, nearly 40 times as much. One would then hazard a guess that 70% of those that attended the Women's World Cup Final will probably never buy another ticket for a woman's match before the next Woman's World Cup. USA's success, and proximity to the USA was also a big factor as regards gates. Had this tournament been held in (say) Italy then crowds would have been trivial; and the hype much less.

Yes, one agrees, well done to the ladies, but for female journalists to suggest that they are the "second best England world cup XI" is ridiculous. Utterly incomparable with the men's game.

Were you bullied by a girl when you were little?

We are all friends here, hop onto the couch and tell us about it, it may help, and we promise we won't laugh (much).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024