Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Runners and riders 17:56 - Nov 26 with 1550 viewsLeadbelly

Assuming Mr Cowling appoints from within, as he suggests will happen, who are the candidates?

McGreal
Hall
Brown
Bankole
Wright

Anyone else? Who is favourite? Who is best qualified? Who would be the best "yes man"?

Poll: Safe standing at football; yes, know or don't know?

Runners and riders on 18:17 - Nov 26 with 1536 viewsmfb_cufc

None of them, thanks. Might as well kept Humes, if that is that is the alternative.
Give it to Brian McDermott.

mfb

Runners and riders on 18:25 - Nov 26 with 1532 viewsdurham_exile

There is only one man suitable the Doog

He bleeds blue and white

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Runners and riders on 18:46 - Nov 26 with 1509 viewsBarsidepete

Runners and riders on 18:25 - Nov 26 by durham_exile

There is only one man suitable the Doog

He bleeds blue and white

Up the U's

Or Red Card Roy. He wouldn't put up with this crap.

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Runners and riders on 18:58 - Nov 26 with 1494 viewswessex_exile

Regardless of Robbie's preference for an internal appointment to maintain continuity (and save cash no doubt), there'll be plenty of external applicants which he will still have to consider. Obviously the main issue with an external (apart from wages) would be their expectation of a reasonably generous transfer budget for January, which is probably unlikely. Personally, though I know we couldn't afford him, and I doubt he'd be willing to drop down to League 1, I'd like to see Alan Curbishley in post.

Of the internals, Brown would probably fit the "Psycho Pearce" of "Keane Death Stare" managerial style pretty well, but how about sending out a positive "Kick It Out" message and appoint Bankole? Obviously the "Steady As She Goes" vote would be Hall - I don't know enough about him to know if that would be a good thing or not?

Up the U's
Poll: How will we do in 2016/17
Blog: Knees-up Mother Brown #24

Runners and riders on 20:09 - Nov 26 with 1469 viewsdurham_exile

Runners and riders on 18:58 - Nov 26 by wessex_exile

Regardless of Robbie's preference for an internal appointment to maintain continuity (and save cash no doubt), there'll be plenty of external applicants which he will still have to consider. Obviously the main issue with an external (apart from wages) would be their expectation of a reasonably generous transfer budget for January, which is probably unlikely. Personally, though I know we couldn't afford him, and I doubt he'd be willing to drop down to League 1, I'd like to see Alan Curbishley in post.

Of the internals, Brown would probably fit the "Psycho Pearce" of "Keane Death Stare" managerial style pretty well, but how about sending out a positive "Kick It Out" message and appoint Bankole? Obviously the "Steady As She Goes" vote would be Hall - I don't know enough about him to know if that would be a good thing or not?

Wessex - RH must be too closely linked to TH which makes him toxic

Chris Powell is out of work

But let Doogie take the reins

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Runners and riders on 20:27 - Nov 26 with 1451 viewsFruitbat

Hot off the sky bet press (Dale Tempest has been busy)

John McGreal evens
Richard Hall 5/2
Lee Clark 5/1
Paul Dickov 6/1
John Carver 8/1
Edgar Davids 8/1
Ian Holloway 14/1
Dave Hockaday 16/1
Terry Butcher 16/1
Brian McDermott 16/1
Stuart Pearce 22/1
Oscar Garcia 25/1
Uwe Rosler 28/1
Harry Redknapp 33/1
Runners and riders on 20:43 - Nov 26 with 1433 viewswessex_exile

Runners and riders on 20:27 - Nov 26 by Fruitbat

John McGreal evens
Richard Hall 5/2
Lee Clark 5/1
Paul Dickov 6/1
John Carver 8/1
Edgar Davids 8/1
Ian Holloway 14/1
Dave Hockaday 16/1
Terry Butcher 16/1
Brian McDermott 16/1
Stuart Pearce 22/1
Oscar Garcia 25/1
Uwe Rosler 28/1
Harry Redknapp 33/1

Jesus, had to google John Carver just remind myself who the hell he was. Pitbull would be interesting, Clown Holloway no thanks, and not much to say about the rest. I did also google John McGreal too, for his playing record - he had a pretty solid career, and as a defender too...hmmm, maybe?

Up the U's

Runners and riders on 20:45 - Nov 26 with 1438 viewsBarsidepete

John McGreal evens
Richard Hall 5/2
Lee Clark 5/1
Paul Dickov 6/1
John Carver 8/1
Edgar Davids 8/1
Ian Holloway 14/1
Dave Hockaday 16/1
Terry Butcher 16/1
Brian McDermott 16/1
Stuart Pearce 22/1
Oscar Garcia 25/1
Uwe Rosler 28/1
Harry Redknapp 33/1

You really think we could get Dickov, Holloway, Pearce or Harry?

That would cost a fortune. Please. Christmas present for U's fans. I'll pay another 5 quid to attend. Could Mr. Cowling decide what the hell?

I'll attend just to see the manager have a cow on the touchline. Because if he can get the U's into the Championship playoffs, going up there--not unrealistic--that's your 5-6000 per game and sold out for most games 2016/17.

edit: Stuart Pearce is my choice.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2015 20:55]

Login to get fewer ads

Runners and riders on 23:58 - Nov 26 with 1373 viewsLeadbelly

John McGreal evens
Richard Hall 5/2
Lee Clark 5/1
Paul Dickov 6/1
John Carver 8/1
Edgar Davids 8/1
Ian Holloway 14/1
Dave Hockaday 16/1
Terry Butcher 16/1
Brian McDermott 16/1
Stuart Pearce 22/1
Oscar Garcia 25/1
Uwe Rosler 28/1
Harry Redknapp 33/1

With my Leeds hat on I can tell you Hockaday couldn't manage if his life depended on it and McDermott was the wrong man in the wrong place signing the wrong players.

Terry Butcher has a poor track record and unpalatable farming connections and we are unlikely to sign a "name".

Wadsworth is probably out of work again!

Runners and riders on 10:13 - Nov 27 with 1316 viewsBlueStripes

Humes was a dead man walking after that disastrous capitulation to Crewe and his ill-judged comments about the fans afterwards. I'm disappointed that Cowling seems to think that Humes is still the best man for the job however, and I get the impression that he accepted Humes resignation very reluctantly. What this club needs right now is a totally fresh pair of eyes appointed from outside instead of another "promotion from within" which will inevitably just lead to more of the same but I don't suppose, from the comments he's already made, that Cowling intends to do that. It seems as if the favourite is McGreal, I don't know much about the guy but let's hope he can organise a team to play football (and especially defend!) rather better than the last guy!
Runners and riders on 11:59 - Nov 27 with 1300 viewsLeadbelly

EADT says Izzet and Duguid have approached Cowling, proposing a joint manager role.

Runners and riders on 13:37 - Nov 27 with 1285 viewsgerry_us

Runners and riders on 11:59 - Nov 27 by Leadbelly

EADT says Izzet and Duguid have approached Cowling, proposing a joint manager role.

Doogs and Kemmy will do me.
Runners and riders on 14:03 - Nov 27 with 1276 viewscarruthers

Di Canio, watching him on the touchline would be as entertaining as watching that lot
Runners and riders on 16:57 - Nov 27 with 1242 viewsbwildered

No joint managers or ex U's please , Lee Clark fits the bill judging by his time at Huddders, or perhaps a centre half player manager .

Poll: No half measure either 1 or 2 ?

Runners and riders on 18:19 - Nov 27 with 1227 viewspwrightsknees

Runners and riders on 16:57 - Nov 27 by bwildered

No joint managers or ex U's please , Lee Clark fits the bill judging by his time at Huddders, or perhaps a centre half player manager .

Sorry BW. I can't agree with you on Lee Clark. His post match interviews when with Brum displayed little charisma, and, although he may be different in the dressing room, I can't see him as a motivator.

Why no mention of Kit Symons?
Runners and riders on 18:49 - Nov 27 with 1218 viewsSector4

Symons, McDermott, Powell.. All would be an improvement. I would like to see Duguid and Izzet involved in some capacity to restore the heart of the club. Cowling has lost good coaches by promoting them to a level too high or many levels in Humes case. An experienced head over seeing them would be for the long term benefit of the club.
Runners and riders on 18:51 - Nov 27 with 1214 viewsBarsidepete

Runners and riders on 13:37 - Nov 27 by gerry_us

Doogs and Kemmy will do me.

Kemmy is possibly my favourite player of all time.Not flashy. A workdog. A field general. If our U's hire Izzet, those players better watch out. He will kick their arse :D

Runners and riders on 22:46 - Nov 27 with 1167 viewsLeadbelly

Runners and riders on 14:03 - Nov 27 by carruthers

Di Canio, watching him on the touchline would be as entertaining as watching that lot

Fascist Di Canio? Appoint that revolting individual and I'm done with supporting the club.

Runners and riders on 02:45 - Nov 28 with 1137 viewswessex_exile

Runners and riders on 18:19 - Nov 27 by pwrightsknees

Sorry BW. I can't agree with you on Lee Clark. His post match interviews when with Brum displayed little charisma, and, although he may be different in the dressing room, I can't see him as a motivator.

Why no mention of Kit Symons?

I recall Kit Symons' far from gracious departure from the caretaker role following our capitulation at Cheltenham back in 2008 - no ta.

Edit: and what Whales said about Di Nazio - not while I draw breath.
[Post edited 28 Nov 2015 2:47]

Up the U's

Runners and riders on 18:25 - Dec 2 with 1004 viewsburnsieespana

Wayne Brown now the front runner and we could do a lot worse.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024