Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS 10:46 - Feb 13 with 2639 viewsdurham_exile

Keep this short and sweet - Colchester must embark upon the greatest achievement in their relatively short football history to rival the recently confirmed archaeological remains unearthed beneath a block of flats in the town which have remained largely undisturbed since AD43.

The faithful will hope that the Romans legacy in Camulodunum can inspire their modern day gladiators to overcome the odds starting with the visit of the Robins. A near miracle is required to reach 51 points but it is still in our own hands.

We do not need to rely on anyone doing us a favour, we simply need to reach 51 points with 9 wins and a couple of draws from our final 17 games.

It can be done. After all the current squad is the strongest assembled in the past four years, what is required is belief.

RC, KK and the players know what is expected and will have to dig deep to unearth those magical victories, SPQR and all that!

KK has the opportunity to introduce a couple of his new signings into the squad today with Nicky Shorey likely to start and Elliot Lee on the bench.

The foolish Alex Gilbey sits out the next three games and will have plenty of time to reflect on letting his team mates down by believing all the type that has been written about him. He has proved nothing yet and achieved even less. Talented yes but very much the unfinished article. He needs to grow up fast and concentrate on winning games for his club rather than sitting with his head in the clouds dreaming.

Team 4,4,2

Parish

Brindley Kent Eastman Shorey

Massey Garvan Edwards Moncur

Bonne Porter

Subs:

Vincent-Young Sembie-Ferris Briggs Lee Wright Barnes Elokobi

We have a decent record against Swindon at the WHCS. The Spireites Tuesday evening will also have to be despatched pointless if we are to embark upon a record breaking run of victories to escape the threat of ignominious relegation.

A cold day but the faithful will be warmed with a handsome victory at 4.50pm.

Enjoy the game.

Up the U's

[Post edited 13 Feb 2016 10:47]

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 14:49 - Feb 13 with 2065 viewsBarsidepete

Love your first line. "Short and sweet."

Do you write your posts on paper with a fountain pen and have a secretary transcribe it to The U'sual as well?

∑=P

Ok, here we go. Time to crack up my U's Player ...

Poll: In Daniel's PL, Sector4 is top, I'm 2nd or 3rd depending on the update

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:04 - Feb 13 with 2061 viewsthrillseeker

Today is the day I continue to believe or resign myself to relegation

The last 3 seasons I have never doubted us to stay up but this season has been very painful and my normal optimism is at about 95% gone. I cling on to the remaining 5% being in tact at 17:00 today. Lose today and it will be 100%
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:23 - Feb 13 with 2057 viewsBarsidepete

Present and accounted for (U's Player) ... was like pulling teeth today to log on..

On tv, have Canaries v Hammers, albeit clearly sound off.

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:37 - Feb 13 with 2050 viewsBarsidepete

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:04 - Feb 13 by thrillseeker

Today is the day I continue to believe or resign myself to relegation

The last 3 seasons I have never doubted us to stay up but this season has been very painful and my normal optimism is at about 95% gone. I cling on to the remaining 5% being in tact at 17:00 today. Lose today and it will be 100%

Fk. 0-1. Not surprised.

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:37 - Feb 13 with 2046 viewsdurham_exile

Come on the U's

Lots to do now

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:40 - Feb 13 with 2047 viewsthrillseeker

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:37 - Feb 13 by Barsidepete

Fk. 0-1. Not surprised.

I hate having no faith in the team I support but like I said defeat today and I am 100% resigned to relegation.

At least I can (hopefully) look forward to a promotion campaign next season
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:48 - Feb 13 with 2040 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:40 - Feb 13 by thrillseeker

I hate having no faith in the team I support but like I said defeat today and I am 100% resigned to relegation.

At least I can (hopefully) look forward to a promotion campaign next season

We must score twice in the second half or I agree relegation is unfortunately a fast arriving certainty!

We're shite and wer're sick of it!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:10 - Feb 13 with 2035 viewsthrillseeker

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 15:48 - Feb 13 by durham_exile

We must score twice in the second half or I agree relegation is unfortunately a fast arriving certainty!

We're shite and wer're sick of it!

Up the U's

Knowing us we will score twice but let in three
Login to get fewer ads

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:16 - Feb 13 with 2031 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:10 - Feb 13 by thrillseeker

Knowing us we will score twice but let in three

Just playing for pride now
Accrington here we come
Desperately sad demise

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:16 - Feb 13 with 2032 viewsthrillseeker

Oh dear 0-2
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:16 - Feb 13 with 2029 viewsthrillseeker

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:16 - Feb 13 by thrillseeker

Oh dear 0-2

Make that Fu**ing hell 0-3
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:17 - Feb 13 with 2027 viewsBarsidepete

0-3

disgusting.

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:20 - Feb 13 with 2013 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:17 - Feb 13 by Barsidepete

0-3

disgusting.

No fight or effort or commitment disgraceful.

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:23 - Feb 13 with 2011 viewsgerry_us

Anyone for 4-3
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:24 - Feb 13 with 2008 viewsthrillseeker

Wow we've scored a goal

I meant to say earlier that is 71 league goals conceded now.

I think Keen will quit soon
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:31 - Feb 13 with 2001 viewsgerry_us

OKAY 5-4 then?
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:35 - Feb 13 with 1994 viewsthrillseeker

72 league goals conceded

On target for 100+
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:50 - Feb 13 with 1977 viewsdurham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 16:35 - Feb 13 by thrillseeker

72 league goals conceded

On target for 100+

Good news we may not play Accrington next season

Despite being down to 9 men they are winning 3-1 and could be in the play offs!

Things could not be any worse!

Up the U's

Durham_exile

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 17:00 - Feb 13 with 1959 viewsthrillseeker

Oh well - it has been fun

I've given up on our relegation fight. We are down so it's Division 4 next season
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 17:10 - Feb 13 with 1945 viewsgerry_us

Yep, we could be in a bit of trouble now!
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 18:04 - Feb 13 with 1903 viewsTheOldOakTree

It's as if we are cursed this year. We didn't look like a team that should lose 1-4., but we've never looked like we deserve the beatings we've taken. Fair play to KK he tried something different, but yet again we missed chances and for brief periods our defence goes missing. Lee looked good at times, but you've got to feel sorry for the loanees and youngsters coming in.

KK starting to get tetchy with Neil Kelly on the way home, which is unnecessary as he's only doing his job and I don't agree that the players are giving everything. There looked a degree of inevitability about it all to me and not much sign of fighting for survival.
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 20:22 - Feb 13 with 1833 viewsPaddyA140

At least Keen got the subs right, albeit at least 15 minutes too late.
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 22:15 - Feb 13 with 1787 viewsBarsidepete

37 goals F is not great but not the end of the world.

72 conceded, however, is SPECTACULAR!

minus 35 GD ... you have to be effing kidding.

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 23:25 - Feb 13 with 1756 viewscarruthers

Durham I always enjoy your happy and optimistic pre match assessment, but could you change it, perhaps 'U's to be well and truly stuffed this weekend' you never know, you may be putting a spell on the team.
Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 23:58 - Feb 13 with 1742 viewsgerry_us

Robins to have wings clipped at the WHCS on 23:25 - Feb 13 by carruthers

Durham I always enjoy your happy and optimistic pre match assessment, but could you change it, perhaps 'U's to be well and truly stuffed this weekend' you never know, you may be putting a spell on the team.

It's not very likely Curruthers,
He'll probably remind us all that we are only 28 points from a play off place.

Up the U's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024