Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu 18:46 - Jun 28 with 29557 views1jack

Just read on 101 great goals (via twitter) deal to Napoli imminent.
Michu on 09:16 - Jun 29 with 2280 viewsPhil_S

Michu on 01:00 - Jun 29 by taffjackarmy

We bought him on the cheap from spain
La la
La la
He loves to score in every game
miguel michu he's swanseas number nine!!!

Now those in valencia will never forget those two nights and they even gave us megaphones! !!

Brilliant brilliant memories
Michu on 09:18 - Jun 29 with 2279 viewsPhil_S

Michu on 08:22 - Jun 29 by 3swan

There will be posts based on rumour that's what happens.

It depends which ones people want to believe.

The Daily Mail reporter commented last night that no medical had taken place.

Today the same paper prints that negotiations are ongoing

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2673595/Napoli-step-Swansea-Ci

Watch this space I suppose, but my gut feeling is that he is on his way out

That tweet from the Daily Mail reporter said for me that it was not at the stage people were suggesting it was

The word yet possibly should be added to the first sentence
Michu on 09:33 - Jun 29 with 2211 viewsraynor94

Michu on 09:13 - Jun 29 by tomdickharry

If Michu turns up for preseason in a few days time I suppose we can assume he will be with us next season,surely he will be arriving in Swansea shortly and somebody will spot him. If he's nowhere to be seen then that's another matter.

Let's be realistic here, he'll be gone before pre season starts, he quite obviously doesn't want to be here, a great player for us but not bigger than the club. Pity if he tarnishes his reputation here

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu on 09:35 - Jun 29 with 2197 viewsCatullus

Michu on 20:44 - Jun 28 by AngelRangelQS

Some people have more loyalty to people who've been here 5 minutes than they do to people who have been instrumental in our success.

Don't think twice about sticking the boot into the board, Monk, Williams, Tate though

This was as far as I had to read this thread. It is completely true.

As good a player as Michu is, to call him one of our greatest after one season is a joke.
Great players prove it over several seasons. If Michu hadn't been injured, he needed to keep his form going. I have seen enough one season wonders to know better than to judge so quickly.
Calling him one of the greatest ever, quite frankly, is an insult to Curt Allchurch, Herbie, Robbie and Leon......others too, who have proved it over hundreds of games, not just 52.

And arguing that anything less than 10 million is a joke!! We paid a quarter of that and he missed most of last season through injury. No one will give us 10 million now, surely? 6-8 was the most sensible quote I saw.

If he does indeed leave us, then good luck to him. But the club pays his wages, not any manager. And us fans are the club, far more than any player ever will be.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Michu on 09:44 - Jun 29 with 2144 viewsWarwickHunt

Semantics. He was one of the best players ever to wear the shirt.

Is that better?
Michu on 09:48 - Jun 29 with 2123 viewsCatullus

Michu on 09:44 - Jun 29 by WarwickHunt

Semantics. He was one of the best players ever to wear the shirt.

Is that better?

It's the same thing just in different words. He's a good player who had one very good season with us. And then one injury ravaged season which ended on a sour note.
And the Laudrup sycophants would do well to remember, his injuries may well have been made worse by his constant selection while carrying those injuries.
very good player yes, one of our greatest, not by a long way.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Michu on 09:49 - Jun 29 with 2115 viewsWarwickHunt

Michu on 09:48 - Jun 29 by Catullus

It's the same thing just in different words. He's a good player who had one very good season with us. And then one injury ravaged season which ended on a sour note.
And the Laudrup sycophants would do well to remember, his injuries may well have been made worse by his constant selection while carrying those injuries.

You crazy, bro.
Michu on 09:50 - Jun 29 with 2111 viewsblaine_scfc

Michu on 09:35 - Jun 29 by Catullus

This was as far as I had to read this thread. It is completely true.

As good a player as Michu is, to call him one of our greatest after one season is a joke.
Great players prove it over several seasons. If Michu hadn't been injured, he needed to keep his form going. I have seen enough one season wonders to know better than to judge so quickly.
Calling him one of the greatest ever, quite frankly, is an insult to Curt Allchurch, Herbie, Robbie and Leon......others too, who have proved it over hundreds of games, not just 52.

And arguing that anything less than 10 million is a joke!! We paid a quarter of that and he missed most of last season through injury. No one will give us 10 million now, surely? 6-8 was the most sensible quote I saw.

If he does indeed leave us, then good luck to him. But the club pays his wages, not any manager. And us fans are the club, far more than any player ever will be.

I wouldn't put him in the legend category by any means, but for me, he has been the best player I have seen in a Swans shirt. I wasn't about in the Curtis/Allchurch/James days.

On to your point about about sticking the boot in to Williams, Tate etc. They are legends, but they can't do no wrong according to some on here, the strops and paddies Williams threw last year were an absolute disgrace, he was captain, and he went missing when the team needed him most. Simple as that. How anyone can single out Michu for being stroppy is a joke.
Login to get fewer ads

Michu on 09:50 - Jun 29 with 2105 viewsexiledclaseboy

Michu on 09:48 - Jun 29 by Catullus

Judging solely on player quality and talent, I'm struggling to think of many better than him.

Poll: Tory leader

Michu on 09:56 - Jun 29 with 2069 viewsNatterjack

Just because he only had one season with the other ruined by injury and Laudrup induced stroppyness, it doesn't mean that Michu isn't one of the finest players to pull on the white shirt. Can anyone name a better centre forward in living memory, because I certainly can't?

It's a shame we didn't sell for £20m+ last summer, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hope he rediscovers his Mojo in Naples.
Michu on 10:05 - Jun 29 with 2025 viewsCatullus

Michu on 09:56 - Jun 29 by Natterjack

Just because he only had one season with the other ruined by injury and Laudrup induced stroppyness, it doesn't mean that Michu isn't one of the finest players to pull on the white shirt. Can anyone name a better centre forward in living memory, because I certainly can't?

It's a shame we didn't sell for £20m+ last summer, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Well he's not a centre forward but, Latchford.

And I can't defend Williams and his antics last season, but then I never mentioned him.
Plenty of players have had one great season and failed to follow it up after big money moves. But when a player has just done what Michu did in his first season, you have to keep him and hope he does it again. I wouldn't have sold him back then, but I would now.

I have to edit this, Latchford was a centre forward, Michu isn't!!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 10:29]

Michu on 10:11 - Jun 29 with 1991 viewsmonmouth

Michu on 09:56 - Jun 29 by Natterjack

has he gone then? Or are we still in the internet world of wholly idle conjecture and rumour that passes for truth these days?

To be fair though, if Napoli really want him and are willing to pay over 6m, then it would be no surprise to see him seek a fresh start and us to agree.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Michu on 10:14 - Jun 29 with 1983 viewsNeath_Jack

Anyone who says Michu isn't/wasn't one of the finest attacking players to have ever played for us need to give their noggin a sturdy wobble.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Michu on 10:19 - Jun 29 with 1964 viewsWarwickHunt

Michu on 10:05 - Jun 29 by Catullus

Well he's not a centre forward but, Latchford.

And I can't defend Williams and his antics last season, but then I never mentioned him.
Plenty of players have had one great season and failed to follow it up after big money moves. But when a player has just done what Michu did in his first season, you have to keep him and hope he does it again. I wouldn't have sold him back then, but I would now.

I have to edit this, Latchford was a centre forward, Michu isn't!!
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 10:29]

Log off mate, you're having a mare.
Michu on 10:19 - Jun 29 with 1960 viewsBLT

Was always great to see Michu's father at each home game - always made a point to watch his son warming up and get a wave. Would like Michu to stay but he needs to start playing (obviously) - almost three years left on his contract. After the joy of Gomis joining us (even if he did think Swansea was in England for a short amount of time) - losing Michu is manageable but only if Bony stays.
Michu on 10:24 - Jun 29 with 1940 viewsNeath_Jack

Michu on 10:19 - Jun 29 by WarwickHunt

He's having a right old Darran this morning.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Michu on 10:28 - Jun 29 with 1913 viewsCatullus

Michu on 10:19 - Jun 29 by WarwickHunt

Latchford wasn't one of our finest centre forwards?

He scored over twenty goals in a relegated team!! And we were awful that season.

Michu on 10:33 - Jun 29 with 1894 viewsWarwickHunt

Michu on 10:28 - Jun 29 by Catullus

Latchford wasn't one of our finest centre forwards?

He scored over twenty goals in a relegated team!! And we were awful that season.

Of course he was. What the f*ck does that have to do with anything?
Michu on 10:34 - Jun 29 with 1887 viewsAngelRangelQS

The Michu to Napoli story is in the guardian today
Michu on 10:36 - Jun 29 with 1874 viewsCatullus

Michu on 10:33 - Jun 29 by WarwickHunt

Of course he was. What the f*ck does that have to do with anything?

You quoted my post that said that, and said log off.

If not for that, then I suppose you think my opinion re Michu is my mare. We are all entitled to our opinion.
I disagree with some of the negative dross you've been posting recently, but I don't tell you to log off.

Michu on 10:37 - Jun 29 with 1873 viewsjack_lord

So the population of Naples is 1 million and yet none of their ultras have taken a photo of him outside Rossi's pizzeria?

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Michu on 10:44 - Jun 29 with 1838 viewsWarwickHunt

Michu on 10:36 - Jun 29 by Catullus

You quoted my post that said that, and said log off.

If not for that, then I suppose you think my opinion re Michu is my mare. We are all entitled to our opinion.
I disagree with some of the negative dross you've been posting recently, but I don't tell you to log off.

I asked you to show me where I was negative about the signing of Gomis and you failed to respond.

Give those JCB keys to someone of sound mind, there's a good lad.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 10:45]
Michu on 10:47 - Jun 29 with 1813 viewsCatullus

Michu on 10:44 - Jun 29 by WarwickHunt

I asked you to show me where I was negative about the signing of Gomis and you failed to respond.

Give those JCB keys to someone of sound mind, there's a good lad.
[Post edited 29 Jun 2014 10:45]

I haven't seen that post. And I don't even remember saying you'd been negative about Gomis.
Be a good fella and provide a link, I'll have a look and respond.

Thing is, I often post on a thread and never return. And I don't trawl through every single thread every day either.
I look at what interests me day to day.

Michu on 10:50 - Jun 29 with 1802 viewsWarwickHunt

Michu on 10:47 - Jun 29 by Catullus

I haven't seen that post. And I don't even remember saying you'd been negative about Gomis.
Be a good fella and provide a link, I'll have a look and respond.

Thing is, I often post on a thread and never return. And I don't trawl through every single thread every day either.
I look at what interests me day to day.

Do you want me to tie your f*cking shoelaces as well?
Michu on 10:56 - Jun 29 with 1780 viewsCatullus

Michu on 10:50 - Jun 29 by WarwickHunt

Do you want me to tie your f*cking shoelaces as well?

I can't be bothered to trawl through see. And as I don't actually remember saying it, I don't see why I should bother.

But if it concerns you so much, maybe you should. If you can find it?

PS, due to my medical condition, I do have trouble reaching to do my shoelaces, so if you'd like to pop over!!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024