Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lets Not Ignore ! 20:27 - Jan 18 with 1991 viewsINFIRMARY

Ok yes Austin scored from a corner and it was a great delivery from Benoît Assou-Ekotto but up to that point all game and most of the other games this season we just look terrible at corners or set pieces , every other team looks a threat against us and has 4 -6 players standing on our goal line for a cross , we have 1 -2 and 5 others about 10 meters away and never look threatening we are lucky if the ball goes past the first man or like today tends to travel past the back post ! SORT IT OUT RANGERS
[Post edited 18 Jan 2014 20:28]

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Lets Not Ignore ! on 20:34 - Jan 18 with 1931 viewsBlackCrowe

Eh? You're complaining about our set pieces a couple of hours after winning the game from a set piece.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Lets Not Ignore ! on 20:35 - Jan 18 with 1925 viewsINFIRMARY

I think that is papering over the cracks !

Poll: F@ck OFF Arry Now

Corners on 20:36 - Jan 18 with 1916 viewsDylanP

Obviously we were lulling them in to a false sense of security with all those rubbish corners for most of the game. Think about it, taking a corner is a skill that kids learn in school. It is the simplest of skills. It makes no sense that we would be consistently putting in such hopeless corners.

The only explanation is that it was a piece of tactical genius by our man 'arry.

Clearly, he told them to do rubbish corners for the whole first half and most of the second half. Then, just when the other team was lulled into thinking that we were no threat from the corner, BAE floats a gorgeous corner in and takes the other team completely by surprise -- and there we have it, the winning goal.

Genius really!!

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Lets Not Ignore ! on 20:58 - Jan 18 with 1803 viewsAgedR

A corner did lead to the mele that ended up with us hitting the bar in the first half, but, overall I completely agree.

I was speaking to the bloke next to me, with both of us trying to remember when we last scored from a corner.

18/01/2014: Austin

Poll: Who do we want out of the way?

Lets Not Ignore ! on 21:39 - Jan 18 with 1706 viewsTHEBUSH

Lets Not Ignore ! on 20:35 - Jan 18 by INFIRMARY

I think that is papering over the cracks !

Of course we are, who said we are the finished article
Lets Not Ignore ! on 22:25 - Jan 18 with 1592 viewsbarbicanranger

Lets Not Ignore ! on 21:39 - Jan 18 by THEBUSH

Of course we are, who said we are the finished article

I follow most games by twitter as live abroad but was surprised by number of chances we had from corners today and I think the answer is simple we had decent set piece takers on them, not Barton.
Lets Not Ignore ! on 03:20 - Jan 19 with 1400 viewsWilloW4

Barton didn't play . All our corners today were shite by ekotto, apart from the last one which chas sorted..our set pieces have been shit all season...blame, er, ...!!
Lets Not Ignore ! on 06:44 - Jan 19 with 1346 viewsJonDoeman

“We also need to toughen up on set plays. To be fair the quality of their delivery was brilliant and it is hard to mark up when there is good movement around the box, but I think that is something we can improve on.
Read more at http://www.htafc.com/news/article/first-team-news-hogg-post-qpr-1303042.aspx#j4X

Looks like they've been working on corners, they were good yesterday. Surprised to see this thread!

It Is What It Is !!

Login to get fewer ads

Lets Not Ignore ! on 07:17 - Jan 19 with 1313 viewsloftboy

Goal apart we went from failing to clear the first man to clearing the last man.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Lets Not Ignore ! on 08:05 - Jan 19 with 1253 viewsJonDoeman

Lets Not Ignore ! on 07:17 - Jan 19 by loftboy

Goal apart we went from failing to clear the first man to clearing the last man.

Yeh a couple of over hit ones, but even they are an improvement on hitting the first defender & setting up counter attacks!!

It Is What It Is !!

Lets Not Ignore ! on 10:03 - Jan 19 with 1150 viewsessextaxiboy

I can never understand this critiscism .No one in the modern game just chips a corner into.the box for a big centre forward or centre back to head it in . Defences are so well coached to defend it and goalkeepers like Green with protection from refs will come and punch or catch . The plan is always to.hit it with pace across box and its a fine line between hitting the first man and getting it down to cause problems. Does any one really think.that Joey Barton cannot float the ball into.the area at will if he wanted to
Lets Not Ignore ! on 10:33 - Jan 19 with 1088 viewsToast_R

Our set pieces have been rubbish a good while now. Even when Tony Taara bat used to take those corners, seldom did he put in a decent one. You got to have a hard head to be the first man when playing QPR...
Lets Not Ignore ! on 14:20 - Jan 19 with 974 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lets Not Ignore ! on 10:33 - Jan 19 by Toast_R

Our set pieces have been rubbish a good while now. Even when Tony Taara bat used to take those corners, seldom did he put in a decent one. You got to have a hard head to be the first man when playing QPR...

Great movement by Austin for the winner. "One run for the defender, one for yourself". Simple but effective.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lets Not Ignore ! on 14:26 - Jan 19 with 956 viewsAntti_Heinola

Lets Not Ignore ! on 10:03 - Jan 19 by essextaxiboy

I can never understand this critiscism .No one in the modern game just chips a corner into.the box for a big centre forward or centre back to head it in . Defences are so well coached to defend it and goalkeepers like Green with protection from refs will come and punch or catch . The plan is always to.hit it with pace across box and its a fine line between hitting the first man and getting it down to cause problems. Does any one really think.that Joey Barton cannot float the ball into.the area at will if he wanted to

most of our problems over the last couple of years have been down to a total lack of players who attack the ball. With Dunne and Austin that's been addressed a bit. Even yesterday some good crosses went in, but we had everyone bunched near post and no one gambling far post.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024