Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out 12:53 - Apr 2 with 4950 viewsrichpr

I know I am going to be crucified for this but I just can't see how we are close to being 1/2 the side we had under Mark Hughes - September 2012 we played Spurs at WHL off the park in the 1st half - an unlucky own goal and then a Defoe goal minutes later seemed to sum up the season and they did lose confidence after that. Now we have a bunch of old has-beens eeking out as much money as they can before they go off to football heaven (still in-tact through not exerting themSelves for the last 12 months).

Went to Blackpool game to see Henry (surely the most talentless and negative footballer to don a QPR shirt), Onuha panic whenever the ball came close, Keane jumping around like a 10 year-old aimlessly chasing the ball round the pitch - Essou-Akotu (seriously needs a rocket up his arse) stroll through yet another game - Zamora hobble through 90 minutes (does he need a new hip??). Why HR picked such a defensive team at home to one of the worst sides is incredulous to me. Eventually, Hoilett comes on and the game is turned on its head. Thank god Simpson is back and lets hope Austin gets back soon to bundle in a few goals. If we can't beat Blackpool at home and they were mega-useless then we won't have much chance of winning the play-offs. Even if we did get promoted then it would require a complete clear-out as even our best players (Hill, Dunne, Barton, Krancjar,) are senior citizens and would not be good enough in the EPL. Jenas, O'Neil, Hughes, Benayoun, SWP, Zamora, Johnson are all on the scrapheap. Hoilett has the talent but something is missing, Austin might score a few but isn't skillful enough. That just leaves us with Matty Phillips (promising and strong), Faulin (great player but injury-prone and lacks pace), Simpson (very consistent) and Rob Greene (no youngster!). Then there is Traore - new lease of life on left wing but too much like a headless chicken. Where are the youngsters - would much rather see an inexperienced player trying but making mistakes than an experienced player just playing safe. Is there anyone I haven't slagged off yet?? Let me know and I'll find something wrong with them! BTW Taraabt would have cleaned up in the championship but not good for team morale.

Feel sorry for Fernandez who has had his bank balance cleaned out by Hughes and HR - but still feel that team under Hughes was far, far better than what we currently have under HR. I will wait for the attacks - be gentle - this is my first rant on LFW
Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 18:31 - Apr 2 with 916 viewsStanisgod

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 15:09 - Apr 2 by loftboy

Henry isn't as bad as the OP makes out either, he does the job he's paid to do which is break up play, he was good against Blackpool and other games as well, just because he doesn't try to hit 50 yard passes doesn't make him a bad player.
As for Hughes he is a kunt. End of

Deffo, Henry does the job most times,stupid point.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Mark Hughes not as bad as evryone is making out on 18:57 - Apr 2 with 891 viewsOakR

I'm not fan of Harry, but never in my entire footballing life has I seen a more tactically inept team selection than that Hughes made at home to West Ham the season we went down. I genuinely could not believe how bad that team selection was.

That said I probably enjoyed more matches under Hughes, if you think about his first season when we won those home games towards the end, Liverpool etc.

They've both been awful for us though.

Poll: Will we stay up?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024