Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP 07:01 - Apr 4 with 2058054 viewsLblock

Here I am starting this from my recovery bed and no clue how to link tunes on an iPhone!

Will stick on my offerings from a PC later unless the other knuckles thread is the preference to use?

House classics and dancey dazzlers only, no hijacking from suicide rock please!

In the beginning there was jack.......

Been meaning to update for years.
Can only be one.......

[Post edited 9 Jul 2020 11:28]

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:54 - Feb 16 with 1020 viewsLblock

On the missing list

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:55 - Feb 16 with 1018 viewsLblock

Also M.I.A

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:05 - Feb 17 with 1006 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:54 - Feb 16 by Lblock

On the missing list

Got it.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 00:05 - Feb 17 with 1003 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:55 - Feb 16 by Lblock

Also M.I.A

Not got it.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 11:07 - Feb 17 with 936 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:00 - Feb 17 with 909 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 12:05 - Feb 17 with 904 viewsW13R

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:01 - Feb 18 with 864 viewsmerseyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:38 - Jan 22 by Lblock

I have a feeling in my bones that I remember this -- sure I had a mixtape with it on plus this little beaut

Catching up on the last few weeks worth. Did not realise he did anything outside Frankie, every day is a school day
Login to get fewer ads

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:04 - Feb 18 with 862 viewsmerseyhoop

courtesy of listening to Craig Charles in the last week

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:11 - Feb 18 with 857 viewsmerseyhoop

Courtesy of watching Snowfall series 3 and not the typical song I pick up on but love the bass line

also from Snowfall

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:13 - Feb 18 with 856 viewsChrisNW6

Went to a great day party in Phonox in Brixton yesterday, safely home by 11:30pm after 30k steps, it's the future šŸ˜

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:26 - Feb 18 with 849 viewsmerseyhoop

and a few more

gotta love anything with 'theme from great cities in it'
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:30 - Feb 18 with 844 viewsmerseyhoop

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:51 - Feb 18 with 825 viewsPunteR

Had a great time with Lblock joining me on Release Radio.

Tune of the night .

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:31 - Feb 18 with 762 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:41 - Feb 18 with 745 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 15:51 - Feb 18 by PunteR

Had a great time with Lblock joining me on Release Radio.

Tune of the night .

Oh the glamourā€¦ā€¦

Huge thanks mate and I do hope Iā€™ve not dented your street cred too much

I canā€™t find a link to the HGV bootleg of Alison Limerick on YouTube which Iā€™d of posted here.
Shame
One of my favourite tracks used at many a party back in the day as you can tell by the state of that vinyl now!!!

This was in the box

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:26 - Feb 18 with 717 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 22:41 - Feb 18 by Lblock

Oh the glamourā€¦ā€¦

Huge thanks mate and I do hope Iā€™ve not dented your street cred too much

I canā€™t find a link to the HGV bootleg of Alison Limerick on YouTube which Iā€™d of posted here.
Shame
One of my favourite tracks used at many a party back in the day as you can tell by the state of that vinyl now!!!

This was in the box

Yeh i tried looking for that HGV bootleg of Alison Limerick too. You played some good music mate plus got on the mic and kept an honest vibe going. Street cred still intact.

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:58 - Feb 19 with 681 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:26 - Feb 18 by PunteR

Yeh i tried looking for that HGV bootleg of Alison Limerick too. You played some good music mate plus got on the mic and kept an honest vibe going. Street cred still intact.

A proper deep dive into YouTube has turned up success

Better do some work now I suppose.......

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:14 - Feb 19 with 637 viewsPunteR

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 10:58 - Feb 19 by Lblock

A proper deep dive into YouTube has turned up success

Better do some work now I suppose.......

Found it on Cogs. It was Basement Phil from Basement Records that done the booty.
Phil has commented.
"I recorded this unofficial mix at the same time as my other boot "Lets Get Busy" which mistakenly came out on the AA side of Carl Coxs' Success N Effects mix due to Raz from Great Asset mixing up the Dats. Thats why there is an unofficial mix of Terry Hunter on the A side of this release.
I loved the Alison Limerick tune from the moment I got my first Promo but couldn't believe people were not into when I played it out! When it was first sent out on Promo, I can also remember playing it to my customers at my shop 'The Record Basement' but the reaction was very mixed and only a few bought it first time around. It was released a few times before it finally became the Anthem it deserved to be. It seems hard to believe now as this awesome tune is now regarded as a classic.
However I loved it so much I came up with my own Ravey Mix which allowed me to play it regularly and the crowd would go for it. I used to mix the Freestyle Orchestra accapella over Frankie Knuckles Reprise Mix and then when Accapella finished I would switch records and mix in the full length version and used the sample box on the Numark Mixer to sample the hook 'Gonna keep on Pumping it up' to keep the mix flowing. It always used to go down really well with the Clubbers so that was why I put it to record. I can still remember getting the phone call from Arista Records and had to pull it from sale, this is why this is extremely hard to find. I only got about 250 into the stores, the rest were destroyed."

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 07:21 - Feb 21 with 578 viewsLblock

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 18:14 - Feb 19 by PunteR

Found it on Cogs. It was Basement Phil from Basement Records that done the booty.
Phil has commented.
"I recorded this unofficial mix at the same time as my other boot "Lets Get Busy" which mistakenly came out on the AA side of Carl Coxs' Success N Effects mix due to Raz from Great Asset mixing up the Dats. Thats why there is an unofficial mix of Terry Hunter on the A side of this release.
I loved the Alison Limerick tune from the moment I got my first Promo but couldn't believe people were not into when I played it out! When it was first sent out on Promo, I can also remember playing it to my customers at my shop 'The Record Basement' but the reaction was very mixed and only a few bought it first time around. It was released a few times before it finally became the Anthem it deserved to be. It seems hard to believe now as this awesome tune is now regarded as a classic.
However I loved it so much I came up with my own Ravey Mix which allowed me to play it regularly and the crowd would go for it. I used to mix the Freestyle Orchestra accapella over Frankie Knuckles Reprise Mix and then when Accapella finished I would switch records and mix in the full length version and used the sample box on the Numark Mixer to sample the hook 'Gonna keep on Pumping it up' to keep the mix flowing. It always used to go down really well with the Clubbers so that was why I put it to record. I can still remember getting the phone call from Arista Records and had to pull it from sale, this is why this is extremely hard to find. I only got about 250 into the stores, the rest were destroyed."

Didnā€™t know any of that

Wish Iā€™d looked after my copy better now

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:05 - Feb 21 with 531 viewswestberksr

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 13:13 - Feb 18 by ChrisNW6

Went to a great day party in Phonox in Brixton yesterday, safely home by 11:30pm after 30k steps, it's the future šŸ˜

Chris

there are loads of decent day parties around town. I'm going to Housework at Ministry on Saturday; loads of irresponsible people of a certain age..... they just like to be home in time for the footy highlights

have been doing these for the past few years and its great fun
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:23 - Feb 21 with 522 viewswestberksr

little bit of Girls Of The Internet from Classic Music Company
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:35 - Feb 21 with 518 viewswestberksr

good edit of an old soul track

The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 19:43 - Feb 21 with 509 viewswestberksr

a little something off of Nervous, ill be amazed if this isn't a Schofield
The Frankie Friday Music Thread.....RIP on 23:05 - Feb 22 with 443 viewsDiscodroids

This track had an incredible effect on me when i first heard it. John digweed at Creamfields...

The breakdown at 4 minutes is mindblowing.. i know Jody will love it...
It samples stephen Hawking....

Walk with me through the universe.
And along the way,
see how all of us are connected.
Feast the eyes of your soul on the love that abounds,
in all places
at once,
seemingly endless,
like your own existence. ā€¦
[Post edited 22 Feb 23:06]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024