Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Flat roofed pubs.. 13:43 - Apr 29 with 125211 viewsPommyhoop

As mentioned by Konk in the Morhinio thread. Flat roofed pubs are normally shiteholes which are suited to and are normally frequented by a good few Scum supporters. Here's my offering as one of the roughest ,worst boozers I've ever been in .
The Beaver in Beaver's Estate Hounslow .Now that was a REAL shithole!!
Looks like its closed down.Thank F@ck...

Add your own wonderful flat roofed watering holes...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Flat roofed pubs.. (n/t) on 15:32 - Jul 14 with 1120 viewsKonk

[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 15:35]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:34 - Jul 14 with 1107 viewsKonk

Flat roofed pubs.. on 14:07 - Jul 14 by Mick_S

It can’t be that Greek as they appear to have finished the flat roof rather than leaving the sticky up metal rods and all poking skywards. I think konk is lying again.

Mate, get yourself down there. 5/10 minutes walk from Temple Meads. Honestly, on a summer’s evening, tucking into the Kleftiko, a nice cold beer, the traditional blue and white tower blocks just behind the car park, the sound of sirens, stolen motorbikes being raced on the pavement, street drinkers shouting at passers-by, the muddy banks of the New Cut just across the road… it’s like Santorini 60 years ago. Get there before the tourists ruin it. We’re going for a fortnight in August. Full board. Oy-oy!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Flat roofed pubs.. on 15:35 - Jul 14 with 1101 viewsMick_S

Flat roofed pubs.. (n/t) on 15:32 - Jul 14 by Konk

[Post edited 14 Jul 2023 15:35]

Sold. Do you part time rep for Jet2 or Tui?

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Flat roofed pubs.. on 16:14 - Oct 19 with 650 viewsNewBee

Ok, not flat-roofed, but I didn't know where else to put the oddest-looking pub in history, The Rifleman in Edmonton, North London:

Thing is, it's quite an interesting story behind it:

At the end of a dank alleyway on the boundary of Tottenham and Edmonton stood the abandoned Rifleman Public House. It had closed during the war, its heavy pint glasses no longer in need of a polish, its pumps no longer worthy of the name. Since then its piano had been wheeled away, its frosted window panes had been broken by little boys' stones and its bar top chopped up for firewood. On 19th June 1947, two men made The Rifleman their headquarters, their office and their factory floor. Pooling their savings of £600 Leslie and Rodney Smith, no relation to one another, bought a second hand die-casting machine and installed it in one of the rooms of the old pub. When they had done that, they die cast their Christian names at Companies House and became Lesney Products.
In 1953 the year after the Korean War had ended and with zinc restrictions lifted Lesney Products designed a miniature replica of Queen Elizabeth II's coronation carriage. Lesney Products sold one million of them and The Rifleman had suddenly become a goldmine. Initially they were oblivious to the financial implications of their million-selling carriage and, when the daughter of one of the partners returned home from school one day complaining that the only toys she could take into the playground where ones that fitted inside a matchbox, they set about making a replica of a diesel road roller that would fit the spec. When they then saw the commercial possibilities the Matchbox Series was launched.

(I said "interesting", meaning to people of a certain age and idiosyncratic range of interests, I suppose)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024