Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Redknapp on Adel 16:30 - Jul 29 with 10790 viewsdaveB

Let the he's great no he's crap debate begin again

Hard to have any sympathy for Adel if he can't get himself fit again, real waste of talent.

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/football-wls-harry-redknapp-on-adel-taarabt-f
Redknapp on Adel on 15:46 - Jul 31 with 1243 viewsessextaxiboy

Redknapp on Adel on 15:23 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

it's one or the other, essex, sorry. all of what you say is correct - and all of it is better said behind closed doors.

'To Adel and his agent he is saying"no one will buy him in this condition" and to TF and Beard he is saying "this is why I need to buy a No 10" .'

This sort of nonsense should never be done in the press. Sadly, Redknapp makes a habit of it. Remember last summer with his bitching about Wayne Bridge? How did that go? He did the same moaning to make sure he got Rio, too. Profoundly unprofessional man IMO.

Well you say that and to be fair you are not alone on here . Naming and shaming is an old tactic ,maybe it is a last resort ?

My point is that he has total respect (it would appear) from everyone in the game . Players and Managers. Outspoken people like Barton have knuckled down under him and after spending time with him is now touted as having a future in coaching.

No one has come out after retirement in a book or whatever and put him down. These are people who have shared a dressing room with him .

Respected pros like Ryan Nelsen are happy to play for him .Teams send decent young talent to him like Morrison and Townsend and he sends them back having improved them either in form with Townsend or calmed them down like Morrison .

He gets a bad press on here IMO , lots of people just dont like him personally and look for every chance to dig him out . Sure Wayne Bridge ended up injured but that can happen to anyone, look at Thorne at Derby.
Redknapp on Adel on 15:55 - Jul 31 with 1209 viewsRangersw12

Yeeeessssssssssssssssss Adel is in the tour to Ireland !!
Redknapp on Adel on 15:56 - Jul 31 with 1206 viewsMaggsinho

Well, he's just been named in the squad for the Ireland tour.

Whatever that means in relation to his future.
Redknapp on Adel on 15:57 - Jul 31 with 1198 views08olesen

He is officially in the squad for Ireland, hopefully some on here may get a chance to see him at the open training and tell him to get his act together and prove everyone wrong this year.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Redknapp on Adel on 15:58 - Jul 31 with 1193 viewsballbag

Redknapp on Adel on 15:59 - Jul 31 with 1188 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp on Adel on 15:46 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

Well you say that and to be fair you are not alone on here . Naming and shaming is an old tactic ,maybe it is a last resort ?

My point is that he has total respect (it would appear) from everyone in the game . Players and Managers. Outspoken people like Barton have knuckled down under him and after spending time with him is now touted as having a future in coaching.

No one has come out after retirement in a book or whatever and put him down. These are people who have shared a dressing room with him .

Respected pros like Ryan Nelsen are happy to play for him .Teams send decent young talent to him like Morrison and Townsend and he sends them back having improved them either in form with Townsend or calmed them down like Morrison .

He gets a bad press on here IMO , lots of people just dont like him personally and look for every chance to dig him out . Sure Wayne Bridge ended up injured but that can happen to anyone, look at Thorne at Derby.

Trust me essex, he does not have 'total respect from everyone in the game'. Far from it.

Ryan Nelsen only played for him for a month.
Teams send young players out to everyone.
Wayne Bridge was an obvious accident waiting to happen - almost everyone on here could see it.

the idea that Barton has been transformed by HR seems unlikely to me. He only really started changing once he went out and got a personal trainer, and he was doing his coaching badges last summer while he was still saying he wouldn't be playing championship football.

No, I don't like Redknapp, the way he manages, the way he gets a free ride from the press, the way he's perceived as some great manager despite only winning one trophy in about 25 years (with signings that then bankrupted the club), for how he stabbed Billy Bonds in the back, for how he treated Mel Johnson at Spurs, for his woeful use of Taarabt after he'd been his best player for 3 months when he first took over, for his sale of Mackie, for his refusal to play Ale more often, for saying he won't let anyone pull the chairman's pants down before signing someone completely unfit, for signing bloody Jenas, for his constant moaning, for loads of reasons, really.

I'm pleased he got us up and he made some good signings and I'm very pleased about Caulker, that's an excellent move. I'm not saying he hasn't done good things for us. But I can't wait until he retires and I think this outburst is very poorly advised and serves no one well at all.

Bare bones.

Redknapp on Adel on 16:00 - Jul 31 with 1178 viewsQPunkR

Redknapp on Adel on 15:46 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

"or calmed them down like Morrison"

Err, bit of bad timing with that remark, eh!

QPR - "shit but local"

Redknapp on Adel on 16:04 - Jul 31 with 1162 viewsMaggsinho

Redknapp on Adel on 16:00 - Jul 31 by QPunkR

"or calmed them down like Morrison"

Err, bit of bad timing with that remark, eh!

Quite the opposite, a couple of months away from Redknapp and his calming influence and look what happens!
Login to get fewer ads

Redknapp on Adel on 16:04 - Jul 31 with 1161 viewsessextaxiboy

Redknapp on Adel on 15:58 - Jul 31 by ballbag

Maybe Redknapps tactic has worked .
Pleased to see him there .
If he knuckles down and gets in the 25 maybe it will confirm that Redknapps judgment of him is professional and not just that "he doesnt like him "

Shame Remy isnt going .
Redknapp on Adel on 16:06 - Jul 31 with 1152 viewssimmo

Redknapp on Adel on 16:04 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

Maybe Redknapps tactic has worked .
Pleased to see him there .
If he knuckles down and gets in the 25 maybe it will confirm that Redknapps judgment of him is professional and not just that "he doesnt like him "

Shame Remy isnt going .

Apparently we get Remy back on Sunday. Does that mean he will play in the 2nd game or just possible against PAOK?

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Redknapp on Adel on 16:09 - Jul 31 with 1138 viewsessextaxiboy

Redknapp on Adel on 16:06 - Jul 31 by simmo

Apparently we get Remy back on Sunday. Does that mean he will play in the 2nd game or just possible against PAOK?

To pacify those fans who are on panic level 5 and higher it would be great if they announced that Remy had joined the tour .
Redknapp on Adel on 16:18 - Jul 31 with 1109 viewsmakaveli1882

Redknapp on Adel on 15:58 - Jul 31 by ballbag

Happy birthday Ted for yesterday, sorry didn't reply yesterday to my original post, in regards to that I wasn't trying to defend him that's I say what ever you think of him and named plus and negatives without my opinion etc, however just think it should of stayed internal
But now this has thrown me either

1) Harry's words worked and Adel has now become fit as the rest of the squad in less than week (not even the so called fan boys could think that is possible)

2) Harry was lying in the first place about the extent of his fitness

3) or maybe after scoring 1 goal in 4 friendlies he just though AT is better than what we got no matter how fat or unfit he is

Not anti Harry given up on defending Adel, its just a boring topic now they should both just shut up and get on with it for the benefit of the club

On a side note I think Charlie came out the other day and said how good it was to train with Adel or something along the lines ,probably got the service he needed in practice
Redknapp on Adel on 16:20 - Jul 31 with 1101 viewsPinnerPaul

Redknapp on Adel on 15:23 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

it's one or the other, essex, sorry. all of what you say is correct - and all of it is better said behind closed doors.

'To Adel and his agent he is saying"no one will buy him in this condition" and to TF and Beard he is saying "this is why I need to buy a No 10" .'

This sort of nonsense should never be done in the press. Sadly, Redknapp makes a habit of it. Remember last summer with his bitching about Wayne Bridge? How did that go? He did the same moaning to make sure he got Rio, too. Profoundly unprofessional man IMO.

Presume you think LVG is equally unprofessional, hasn't stopped giving all and sundry his opinions on his players' fitness etc etc etc in public.
Redknapp on Adel on 16:21 - Jul 31 with 1098 viewsPinnerPaul

Redknapp on Adel on 15:55 - Jul 31 by Rangersw12

Yeeeessssssssssssssssss Adel is in the tour to Ireland !!

Whoopee do - made my day
Redknapp on Adel on 16:22 - Jul 31 with 1094 viewssimmo

We are taking more goalkeepers than strikers, even though we are leaving Cesar out altogether

Why is Zamora Ok to go Ireland but not able to play against Orient or Saaaafend?

Redknapp on Adel on 16:32 - Jul 31 with 1068 viewsmakaveli1882

Redknapp on Adel on 16:20 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

Presume you think LVG is equally unprofessional, hasn't stopped giving all and sundry his opinions on his players' fitness etc etc etc in public.

Paul I ignored your post the other day because I don't support Utd or care about their players or managers.

Plus LVG hasn't been digging out Luke Shaw for years and contradict what he says all the time
Redknapp on Adel on 16:53 - Jul 31 with 1034 viewsPinnerPaul

Redknapp on Adel on 16:32 - Jul 31 by makaveli1882

Paul I ignored your post the other day because I don't support Utd or care about their players or managers.

Plus LVG hasn't been digging out Luke Shaw for years and contradict what he says all the time

What you mean by saying Shaw wasn't anywhere near fit enough to play an then playing him next match.

He also discusses tactics in public and players best positions etc

I'm not a Man Utd fan either but my point is that you and others portray what Harry is doing as so bad no one else would do it - when one of the world's top managers is doing the same.
Redknapp on Adel on 17:09 - Jul 31 with 1014 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp on Adel on 16:20 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

when you've won about 7 league titles and about a dozen cups, i think you can do whatever the f&ck you want.
Come back to me when 'Arry has got even remotely close to that.

Bare bones.

Redknapp on Adel on 17:10 - Jul 31 with 1010 viewsAntti_Heinola

Redknapp on Adel on 16:53 - Jul 31 by PinnerPaul

What you mean by saying Shaw wasn't anywhere near fit enough to play an then playing him next match.

He also discusses tactics in public and players best positions etc

I'm not a Man Utd fan either but my point is that you and others portray what Harry is doing as so bad no one else would do it - when one of the world's top managers is doing the same.

and of course LVG said nothing of the sort. he said he wasn't fit enough to play the left wing back role he envisioned for him.
Bit different.

Bare bones.

Redknapp on Adel on 17:52 - Jul 31 with 953 viewssimmo

I've just noticed that none of the 'kids' are included in the Ireland tour. Doughty, Ehmer, Harriman, Sutherland, etc. Is there a reason for this? Does the youth league start this week or something?

Redknapp on Adel on 18:05 - Jul 31 with 924 viewsHunterhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 15:59 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

Trust me essex, he does not have 'total respect from everyone in the game'. Far from it.

Wayne Bridge was an obvious accident waiting to happen - almost everyone on here could see it.

the idea that Barton has been transformed by HR seems unlikely to me. He only really started changing once he went out and got a personal trainer, and he was doing his coaching badges last summer while he was still saying he wouldn't be playing championship football.

No, I don't like Redknapp, the way he manages, the way he gets a free ride from the press, the way he's perceived as some great manager despite only winning one trophy in about 25 years (with signings that then bankrupted the club), for how he stabbed Billy Bonds in the back, for how he treated Mel Johnson at Spurs, for his woeful use of Taarabt after he'd been his best player for 3 months when he first took over, for his sale of Mackie, for his refusal to play Ale more often, for saying he won't let anyone pull the chairman's pants down before signing someone completely unfit, for signing bloody Jenas, for his constant moaning, for loads of reasons, really.

I'm pleased he got us up and he made some good signings and I'm very pleased about Caulker, that's an excellent move. I'm not saying he hasn't done good things for us. But I can't wait until he retires and I think this outburst is very poorly advised and serves no one well at all.

Thought it was quite considered to be honest!

There seems to be this vocal minority who believe that if you don't like Redknapp you want QPR to fail and if QPR do well, it proves Redknapp is great. Both of which are clearly nonsense to anyone with a brain.

We all want us to do well. And whether we do well or not there are many contributing factors.

The only sensible approach is to analyse the actions of HR, not the results of the club. It's with that approach that i don't rate him or like him. But if we do well, great. Quite pleased he's entertaining 3-5-2 (hopefully it will be that, not 5-3-2!) since I'm convinced 3-5-2 beats a 4-2-3-1 all things even and that it'll be the next in vogue formation.
Redknapp on Adel on 18:06 - Jul 31 with 925 viewsingeminate

Redknapp on Adel on 15:59 - Jul 31 by Antti_Heinola

He has much more respect in the game than the average manager.

His old players almost always seem happy to play for him again which is obviously a good sign he is well liked/respected - Crouch spent half his career following him around.

He has on balance a good record getting good performances out of tough to handle players - Merson/Barton/Di Canio etc

With some failures - Bent/Adel etc

Ryan Nelsen is a pretty poor example - he was falling apart, hated the dressing room environment and had been offered a great chance to kick-start a management career - not sure he said yes to spite Harry - or more relevantly that any other manager would have been able to convince him to stay.

Redknapp is a press whore, but wrong to say he gets a free ride, don't get me wrong he has a fan-club, but aside from them he divides opinion and overall gets his fair share of scrutiny.

Re transfer dealings I think he's done well overall - most of them have played a role at some stage and it is fair to say he has not brought too many players in to the dressing who have been reported to have been divisive - for all the humor around being a 'right sort' that has to count for something. Mackie always divides opinion - I wasn't too sad to see him go - though it's true we didn't replace him which anything much better, albeit if Matty Phillips had stayed fit may have seen that differently.

I'd say he put a side together that he thought would go up - if it didn't he was walking so it was short-sighted and not necessarily in the best interests of the club beyond last season. That said it still included Charlie Austin, Danny Simpson, Matt Phillips a nucleus of younger hungry players with the potential to improve so it wasn't all completely short-termist in terms of outcome - if not intention.

I wish he would keep his council a little more in terms of what he says to the press about players - some think he is a master of delivering a message and everything he says is deliberate, I'm not so sure and suspect age is catching up with him a bit there and he just waffles away because he can't be bothered to reign himself in.

Finally he's not won much, but not sure given the clubs he's managed that is a fair assessment of his track record.
[Post edited 31 Jul 2014 18:12]

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Redknapp on Adel on 18:06 - Jul 31 with 924 viewsJamie

Redknapp on Adel on 17:52 - Jul 31 by simmo

I've just noticed that none of the 'kids' are included in the Ireland tour. Doughty, Ehmer, Harriman, Sutherland, etc. Is there a reason for this? Does the youth league start this week or something?

Provably trying to get them loans before the FL season starts.
Redknapp on Adel on 19:06 - Jul 31 with 845 viewsessextaxiboy

Redknapp on Adel on 18:05 - Jul 31 by Hunterhoop

Thought it was quite considered to be honest!

There seems to be this vocal minority who believe that if you don't like Redknapp you want QPR to fail and if QPR do well, it proves Redknapp is great. Both of which are clearly nonsense to anyone with a brain.

We all want us to do well. And whether we do well or not there are many contributing factors.

The only sensible approach is to analyse the actions of HR, not the results of the club. It's with that approach that i don't rate him or like him. But if we do well, great. Quite pleased he's entertaining 3-5-2 (hopefully it will be that, not 5-3-2!) since I'm convinced 3-5-2 beats a 4-2-3-1 all things even and that it'll be the next in vogue formation.

How can you analyse the actions of Redknapp? You see him for a fraction of the time in a false surrounding speaking to an agenda set by journalists.

None of us have been in a dressing room with him ,or spoken to him about a transfer , you can only judge by results ,

No one has ever suggested that any anti Redknapp posters want us to fail .

If QPR do well doesnt it prove that Redknapp knows what he is doing , how else can he prove success ?
Redknapp on Adel on 19:23 - Jul 31 with 822 viewsHunterhoop

Redknapp on Adel on 19:06 - Jul 31 by essextaxiboy

How can you analyse the actions of Redknapp? You see him for a fraction of the time in a false surrounding speaking to an agenda set by journalists.

None of us have been in a dressing room with him ,or spoken to him about a transfer , you can only judge by results ,

No one has ever suggested that any anti Redknapp posters want us to fail .

If QPR do well doesnt it prove that Redknapp knows what he is doing , how else can he prove success ?

It's about true cause and effect. Look it up. Read about. Freakanomics is an accessible place to start. There are many caused of one result unless you have consistency across every input but chance one and see a chance in result. Hope that addresses your last point.

In terms of analysing his actions, I don't need to be with him all day! Who he signs, how we play, who he starts, his subs, what he says to various media outlets. They're all "actions" of his that I can analyse on an individual basis. Was Maiga a good signing, "no". Was Austin a good signing, "yes". Should we have played with no wingers in a home game, etc, etc.

Of course I can analyse and evaluate that. It's perfectly logical and I'm entitled to an opinion. I don't need to be his body guard. And, in my view, he's made more mistakes than he's got things right. My opinion. Sure you disagree. I believe we went up inspire of him not because of him. I've explained that stance tens of times on here.

Disagree with it, fine. But don't tell me I'm wrong. You can't prove cause and effect, you can merely analyse and speculate on it, like me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024