Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? 22:19 - Aug 14 with 16885 viewsloftboy

At the start of June I went for my annual blood pressure check at the Drs, he weighed me where to my horror at weight had gone up to exactly 150kilos ( nearly 24 stone) when I got married in 1991 I I was 96kilos (151/2 stone) anyway after some more blood tests he told me I was on the verge of diabetes , osteoporosis and would probably be dead within 10 years ( I'm only 47).
Thinking of the kids more than anything I immediately changed my diet and a couple of weeks later rejoined my local gym, I do what is known as the milon circuit 3 times a week and swim 32 lengths of the 25m pool twice a week, went back to the Drs yesterday for a follow up and now weigh 131 kilos, a 19 kilo loss which is exactly 3 stone, still got another 40 odd to go but already I can buy clothes from normal shops instead of the Fatman dept. I only wish I had had the kick up the arse years ago.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:24 - Aug 14 with 6798 viewskysersosaqpr

Well done. I stopped eating bread spuds (hard for a paddy) & pasta and exercise three times a week. Lost three stones (old school so can't imagine kilos) in last three months - and still have two sessions of beer a week. Wish I done it years ago!

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:27 - Aug 14 with 6784 viewsloftboy

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:24 - Aug 14 by kysersosaqpr

Well done. I stopped eating bread spuds (hard for a paddy) & pasta and exercise three times a week. Lost three stones (old school so can't imagine kilos) in last three months - and still have two sessions of beer a week. Wish I done it years ago!

I've swapped bread for bloody Ryvitas, fruit for chocolate and don't have cakes or sweets anymore, only have low fat yoghurt for pudding, god knows what my pre match food is going to be Saturday, usually have ocean Billy's.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:27 - Aug 14 with 6780 viewsToast_R

Well done it's a fcker to lose it but piece of piss to put it on.

Your doing it the right way, exercise watch what you eat and more exercise burning fat cells being replaced by muscle cells. Ten times better then those daft meal replacement diets which are only a short term fix.

Keep going
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:32 - Aug 14 with 6759 viewsloftboy

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:27 - Aug 14 by Toast_R

Well done it's a fcker to lose it but piece of piss to put it on.

Your doing it the right way, exercise watch what you eat and more exercise burning fat cells being replaced by muscle cells. Ten times better then those daft meal replacement diets which are only a short term fix.

Keep going

It was and still is really hard, I'm not a huge drinker so still have the odd pint but to actually be told "you will die early" really hit it home for me, if by some miracle I get down to my pre marriage weight then I will be ecstatic.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:41 - Aug 14 with 6730 viewsbobby

Well done mate..
I have never been overweight but was diagnosed with hypertension and high cholesterol..
didn't want to go on meds so I went on a raw food diet and researched nutrition and exercise ..
I have learnt that most diseases are reversible..
quit all junk food, processed wheat, all foods labelled low fat that have healthy fat replaced with chemicals..
I drink raw milk, bucket loads of fruit and veg, organic meat (mainly game and lamb), wild fish, and avoid stress (apart from QPR)..
and get loads of fresh air and exercise
I will outlive all the doctors that tried to poison me with drugs and I feel like Tarzan..

http://twitter.com/#/bobbyosborne1

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:45 - Aug 14 with 6717 viewsloftboy

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:41 - Aug 14 by bobby

Well done mate..
I have never been overweight but was diagnosed with hypertension and high cholesterol..
didn't want to go on meds so I went on a raw food diet and researched nutrition and exercise ..
I have learnt that most diseases are reversible..
quit all junk food, processed wheat, all foods labelled low fat that have healthy fat replaced with chemicals..
I drink raw milk, bucket loads of fruit and veg, organic meat (mainly game and lamb), wild fish, and avoid stress (apart from QPR)..
and get loads of fresh air and exercise
I will outlive all the doctors that tried to poison me with drugs and I feel like Tarzan..

Suprisingly my cholesterol was only 3 which is perfect apparently.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:47 - Aug 14 with 6705 viewsbobby

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:45 - Aug 14 by loftboy

Suprisingly my cholesterol was only 3 which is perfect apparently.

what was your BP and what is it now you have lost weight?

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:58 - Aug 14 with 6661 viewsCHUBBS

Well done Loftboy,been on a bit of a diet myself since rising over 17 stone.
Felt like shit and started to eat healthier.
I've lost over a stone and am now below 16.
If you want to watch a brilliant documentary on what you eat,Food Matters is incredibly informative.
It makes you realize the dangers of what you eat and explains the lunacy of filling your body with pharmaceutical poisons.
If you need a little inspiration to continue(besides the love of your kids)Fat Sick And Nearly Dead created by an amazing fella Joe Cross.
Good luck mate.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 23:00]
Login to get fewer ads

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:58 - Aug 14 with 6660 viewsWokingR

Good for you Loftboy
The trick now and hard bit will be keeping it up
You posted a year or two ago your shock to have reached 23 stone I think and that you were embarking on a get fit campaign which presumably didn't last.
Fingers crossed for you this time. Get yourself a reliable training partner. That way you are less likely to miss a session as it will be letting someone else down
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:12 - Aug 14 with 6610 viewsDWQPR

Always yo-yoed with my weight once an adult etween 13-16 stone and could always shift it quite easily in days of old, didn't really consider it an issue as I could carry it being 6'3". But past 40 the yo-yo ran out of string. Last few months got to a stage where I was getting really p1ssed off not being able to fit into shirts, suits properly and decided on holiday that enough was enough. In the past I used to swim 1km a morning, used to take me 22 minutes. S on holiday, albeit in my 4m x 8m pool I started to do lengths, without pushing off and within a few days got back up to that distance without stopping.

Since returning I have now picked up my membership for a new swimming pool just down from my office, which I joined April 2013! And since Tuesday of last week I have been every weekday morning and done 40 lengths of a 25 metre pool without stopping. 24 minutes I now takes me and by the end I am counting the strokes down and sit in the pool giving myself five minutes to recover. I feel great at achieving this small victory every morning and this with a much healthier diet, mainly salads and fish with minimal carbs, although I can still have a bar of chocolate each day if needed, I feel so much different. Put a suit on this evening to see a client and the bloody thing fitted a treat. I have also vowed only to weigh myself once a month.

Well down to everyone else especially Loftboy for their achievements, believe me for those who like their food and appreciate good living exercise and cutting down is a huge behavioural change, I suspect as big as giving up smoking and drinking would be for many.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:16 - Aug 14 with 6595 viewsloftboy

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:58 - Aug 14 by WokingR

Good for you Loftboy
You posted a year or two ago your shock to have reached 23 stone I think and that you were embarking on a get fit campaign which presumably didn't last.
Fingers crossed for you this time. Get yourself a reliable training partner. That way you are less likely to miss a session as it will be letting someone else down

I have .. The mrs who has lost a fair Wack as well

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:18 - Aug 14 with 6593 viewsloftboy

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:47 - Aug 14 by bobby

what was your BP and what is it now you have lost weight?

I've been on tablets for a year as my BP was 180/120 now after medication it's 118/86 so much better

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:22 - Aug 14 with 6586 viewsloftboy

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 22:58 - Aug 14 by WokingR

Good for you Loftboy

Trouble is before I didn't change the diet much, this time I took advise and hopefully doing things the right way, didn't have a clue about the gym equipment but using this milon system everything gets adjusted automatically to each user.

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:24 - Aug 14 with 6579 viewsTrom

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:18 - Aug 14 by loftboy

I've been on tablets for a year as my BP was 180/120 now after medication it's 118/86 so much better

Don't know if you've heard of 5-2 fasting. Has loads of benefits apparently including blood pressure and diabetes and you loose weight. 5 says eating normally (within reason) 2 days fasting. Been easy after the first couple of weeks to stick to.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:31 - Aug 14 with 6565 viewsloftboy

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:24 - Aug 14 by Trom

Don't know if you've heard of 5-2 fasting. Has loads of benefits apparently including blood pressure and diabetes and you loose weight. 5 says eating normally (within reason) 2 days fasting. Been easy after the first couple of weeks to stick to.

Not sure about fasting, the days I've not had some fruit between breakfast and lunch I've gone very dizzy and had the shakes, eat little and often is what I've been told, I've even bought smaller dinner plates so the portions are smaller.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2014 23:46]

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:36 - Aug 14 with 6554 viewsTheBlob

Good stuff Loftboy.As one who suffers from hypertension - and the added bonus of having the "white coat" variety where as soon as they slap that device on me arm the BP goes through the roof and I end up in A&E - and Diabetes,might I recommend just plain simple walking?Until I lost my beloved dog I was doing well in excess of 1000 miles a year.The pounds dropped off,sensible diet also although you can have the odd chip or two to prevent topping yerself.Alcohol is bad,smoking lethal,sex is good for the heart and "settles the custard" as they say.One good thing about having a dog is that it lends the aura of respectability to an individual out walking - on your own and they may start dialling Three Nines.
Good luck with the programme buddy and don't let them quack sawbones literally frighten you to death.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:39 - Aug 14 with 6549 viewsBrightonhoop

Well done Loftboy, especially doing it for the right reasons of yourself and family.

It's a fcker, none of us know how earlier lifestyle will accrue in the future.
Keep at it. It's a bigger man that does than doesn't.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:45 - Aug 14 with 6531 viewsloftboy

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:36 - Aug 14 by TheBlob

Good stuff Loftboy.As one who suffers from hypertension - and the added bonus of having the "white coat" variety where as soon as they slap that device on me arm the BP goes through the roof and I end up in A&E - and Diabetes,might I recommend just plain simple walking?Until I lost my beloved dog I was doing well in excess of 1000 miles a year.The pounds dropped off,sensible diet also although you can have the odd chip or two to prevent topping yerself.Alcohol is bad,smoking lethal,sex is good for the heart and "settles the custard" as they say.One good thing about having a dog is that it lends the aura of respectability to an individual out walking - on your own and they may start dialling Three Nines.
Good luck with the programme buddy and don't let them quack sawbones literally frighten you to death.

I did say to the mrs " I will probably get all my excess weight off then get run over by a bus" that's the sort of luck I have lol

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:54 - Aug 14 with 6511 viewsbobby

Fasting is probably the healthiest thing modern man can do as the simple fact is we eat too much.
The headaches and dizziness is the toxins leaving the body as the digestive system has a much needed rest.
We don't need 3 meals a day and if you want to start shifting the timber start with an 18 hour fast,
ie eat your dinner at 6pm and then skip breakfast (ie break fast) and eat again at noon next day..
it is doable and I you can do it once a week you will feel the benefit without to much sacrifice..

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:55 - Aug 14 with 6507 viewsHollowayRanger

don't smoke rarely drink no wife and ahem kids to worry about own own place money in bank secure happy if poorly paid job

6 ft and a dash and weigh in at 15 stone and eat everything and anything

could die tonight, could live till im 85 that's my target (beat the old man)

one day ...........one day

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 00:00 - Aug 15 with 6504 viewsMrSheen

Good work. I've always been hefty but I'm losing touch with 100 kilos. I've tried to do it through increasingly severe exercise, including boxing, but eventually I will have to make big changes to my eating and drinking.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 00:20 - Aug 15 with 6466 viewsTrom

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:24 - Aug 14 by Trom

Well if what you are doing is working then stick to it,

The issue I've often had is sticking to it long term. Maybe something to think about at a later date if you find you are struggling.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 01:23 - Aug 15 with 6423 viewsthorpebankR

Well done loftboy on the weight loss. I'd like to comment on the diabetes mentions. I am type 1 diabetic and got it at 24 when fit as a fiddle. This is an autoimmune disease and not reversible unlike type 2 diabetes which is. There is so much crap written in the media that I like to point out the difference.
Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 06:30 - Aug 15 with 6332 viewsLblock

Congratulations and keep going Loftboy.

However being old school I have to say, what da feck is a kilo? Greek lager isn't it?!?!!

I was creeping the weight last few years but have my old fella as an example (big big man with a gut to match that I didn't want!). I was starting to go over 14 stone to 15 stone with drink my big weakness. Then I got a shock of a serious illness in March and the weight fell off due to that and a complete diet change, lost over 2 stone in 3 weeks and now really need a whole wardrobe of new clothes.
I need a word with myself though as I'm able go drinking again hut need to ensure I balance it and will be joining a gym with a pool in 2 weeks

Once again fair play Loftboy

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 07:44 - Aug 15 with 6256 viewstraininvain

Can I blow my own trumpet on here? on 23:54 - Aug 14 by bobby

Fasting is probably the healthiest thing modern man can do as the simple fact is we eat too much.
The headaches and dizziness is the toxins leaving the body as the digestive system has a much needed rest.
We don't need 3 meals a day and if you want to start shifting the timber start with an 18 hour fast,
ie eat your dinner at 6pm and then skip breakfast (ie break fast) and eat again at noon next day..
it is doable and I you can do it once a week you will feel the benefit without to much sacrifice..

I don't think this is good advice. Much better off having a balanced diet that you can stick to along with a good bit of regular exercise as opposed to using some kind of quick fix (e.g. fasting, juice diets etc) to lose the weight but then piling back on the pounds when the novelty wares off.

I see plenty of people at work starving themselves to shed a few pounds with some fad diet only to put on more weight after they've finished dieting.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024