Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
next game utd 22:04 - Sep 2 with 6308 viewsbob566

The mirror picked uniteds best team to face us. It won't be easy for us. They look good on paper

falcao van persie
Rooney
di maria herrara carrick shaw
rojo blind jones
Degea

pity we didnt get them before the window. Quite fancy them for top 4 now.
next game utd on 08:28 - Sep 3 with 1448 viewssaxbend

No matter what happens when we play them, they will probably finish above us, but we'll be perfectly happy with our league position while they'll be longing for the days of Moyes leading them to 7th.
next game utd on 08:30 - Sep 3 with 1444 viewsElHoop

I think that Moyes's reputation will be somewhat restored by the end of the season.
next game utd on 08:44 - Sep 3 with 1433 viewsFlex

Utd have a devastating team on paper, but in reality, if we're clever, we can expose them.

Go 4-4-3 against their 3-5-2 and we'll be able to double up on their wingbacks with our wide forwards, and full backs. This will draw out their defensively poor midfielders into wider areas, and we should be able to dominate the park with Sandro & Barton destroying, and Fer playing slightly higher forward, or producing late runs into the box.

We'll need to get Hoillet/Vargas to run at their wingbacks and get the beating of them with pace and trickery. Be brave, commit men forward, and be patient. This isn't a great Utd team, and we can get something out of this game.
next game utd on 08:50 - Sep 3 with 1428 viewsbeeeater

Unfortunately we can not win there as we don't play in proper Hoops.🙍
(No subject) (n/t) on 08:53 - Sep 3 with 1416 viewssimmo

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

next game utd on 09:04 - Sep 3 with 1395 viewssexton

next game utd on 08:44 - Sep 3 by Flex

Utd have a devastating team on paper, but in reality, if we're clever, we can expose them.

Go 4-4-3 against their 3-5-2 and we'll be able to double up on their wingbacks with our wide forwards, and full backs. This will draw out their defensively poor midfielders into wider areas, and we should be able to dominate the park with Sandro & Barton destroying, and Fer playing slightly higher forward, or producing late runs into the box.

We'll need to get Hoillet/Vargas to run at their wingbacks and get the beating of them with pace and trickery. Be brave, commit men forward, and be patient. This isn't a great Utd team, and we can get something out of this game.

Nobody in goal? Brave.
next game utd on 09:07 - Sep 3 with 1387 viewsGloryHunter

next game utd on 09:04 - Sep 3 by sexton

Nobody in goal? Brave.

Stuart Pearce famously picked a team like that - needed his missus to point out the lack of a goalie.
next game utd on 09:36 - Sep 3 with 1355 viewsSomersetHoops

To roughly quote KK I'd love it, just love it if we go there and beat them, but it will be difficult. You can almost see all of Harry's latest purchases, bonding into the team, doing well and holding them back and who knows perhaps their new incoming players will upset their balance and make them vulnerable to another landmark QPR win. In reality I will be satisfied if we go there and give a good account of ourselves. I don't want a repeat of the recent capitulation at Tottenham.

Who's Next?

Login to get fewer ads

next game utd on 09:39 - Sep 3 with 1345 viewshoof_hearted

Blind used to play central defence for us for us, didn't he?

Oh my mistake, it was Bob Malcolm.
next game utd on 09:46 - Sep 3 with 1335 viewsrobith

Van Persie is unlikely to be playing as he needs an op which is why they brought Falcao in.

On paper, yeah, it's pretty daunting, but they've not gelled, and most of that squad is on international duty so still won't have played much football together. Hold shape, press, be disciplined and we can get something.

Of course I'm sure we'll just lol around, obligingly give away a soft penalty and set them right on their way to recovery. It's the QPR way. We're like a medieval roadside tavern that hands out free meals to weary travellers
next game utd on 09:50 - Sep 3 with 1327 viewsMonahoop

next game utd on 08:50 - Sep 3 by beeeater

Unfortunately we can not win there as we don't play in proper Hoops.🙍

More like we won't be allowed to win there. They'll move into 'me,me me' mode.'We want to win, please let us win, oh go on' etc etc etc. They'll act all bratish as usual. If ever there was a team of brats, then it has to be Man Utd and that goes for their fans as well.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

next game utd on 10:38 - Sep 3 with 1260 viewsElHoop

next game utd on 09:46 - Sep 3 by robith

Van Persie is unlikely to be playing as he needs an op which is why they brought Falcao in.

On paper, yeah, it's pretty daunting, but they've not gelled, and most of that squad is on international duty so still won't have played much football together. Hold shape, press, be disciplined and we can get something.

Of course I'm sure we'll just lol around, obligingly give away a soft penalty and set them right on their way to recovery. It's the QPR way. We're like a medieval roadside tavern that hands out free meals to weary travellers

I dunno about that. Mayber this is Hoddle's first chance to do a job instead of talking about doing a job. Italy 1997 revisited?
next game utd on 10:43 - Sep 3 with 1253 viewsW7Ranger

next game utd on 22:51 - Sep 2 by N12Hoop

We're not exactly known for pulling off surprise away wins and I won't be betting on us starting next week.

What about Chelsea 2013 and Everton 2011?

Not to mention leading at Man City, Man U, Spuds...

Best time to play them I think. New team and very much under pressure.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 10:45]
next game utd on 10:45 - Sep 3 with 1248 viewsTheBlob

And there's always the chance of.......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

next game utd on 10:57 - Sep 3 with 1230 viewshoof_hearted

next game utd on 10:43 - Sep 3 by W7Ranger

What about Chelsea 2013 and Everton 2011?

Not to mention leading at Man City, Man U, Spuds...

Best time to play them I think. New team and very much under pressure.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2014 10:45]

Gimme a half of whatever you're having.
next game utd on 11:12 - Sep 3 with 1089 viewsFlex

next game utd on 09:04 - Sep 3 by sexton

Nobody in goal? Brave.

Typo lol. At least someone read my post. 4-3-3 I meant.

Unfortunately Harry is ultra conservative when we play the 'big guns' but the likes of Swansea and Burnley have demonstrated how fragile they are. Appreciate that now have a wealth of attacking talent, but their team is hideously imbalanced.
next game utd on 11:18 - Sep 3 with 1082 viewspaulparker

Would love it to if we nicked a 1-0 by parking the bus
you just know the build up to the game will be relentless about Falcoa & co and we will be lucky to get 30 seconds coverage after sky wa nk themselves crazy about van gaals "new team"

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024